Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On Companions

Mirandel
05.16.2012 , 02:59 PM | #11
Keep it up, please! The best suggestions ever!

CloudCastle
05.16.2012 , 05:21 PM | #12
All of these are ideas are fantastic! Thanks for compiling them in one place. Thumbs up!

iamthehoyden
05.18.2012 , 02:55 PM | #13
/bump because these are still the best of the best ideas when it comes to companions
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Chiramu
05.18.2012 , 03:01 PM | #14
Having a cutscene where you marry your companion is so awkward. I felt awkward enough during Doc's proposal >.>...

It's as awkward for the viewer as watching the "sex" sequences from Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I don't want to be in the room when people go about and do that. It makes you the weird kid in the corner of the room just gawking at the two people making love.

We'll probably have extended companion story with expansion packs when our levels are expanded.

IMO this thread should focus on what Bioware can do NOW. Not what they can write and work on now and then have it all ready in a year.

iamthehoyden
05.18.2012 , 05:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post

IMO this thread should focus on what Bioware can do NOW. Not what they can write and work on now and then have it all ready in a year.
Well, to be honest, most of the story-involved stuff is going to take a lot of lead time. I believe I read somewhere that the writers are one of the first groups that work on something like that, then it goes to the other teams. The stuff that's easy to add now, yes, I'd like to see them, but that's no reason not to discuss things that could be done in the future.

And if you don't like the cut scenes we have a fabulous thing called a spacebar
---------------

Taalbert
05.19.2012 , 12:08 AM | #16
I would so love to log in and just get a random letter from my companions here and there. I realise that it might not be feasible, but one can hope! Also I know it has already been said but I am writing it again to emphasize it - daily or weekly companion quests. More conversations. Eh, I would love to be able to visit their homeworlds (if feasible - depending on which companion it is). More smoochy times! I could keep going - but most of this has been said before.

Keep the ideas coming, even if they never eventuate, its fun to think about it anyway.
Rawr.

Damask_Rose
05.20.2012 , 11:55 AM | #17
Creating a new letter once in a while would be nice, esp. during patches like 1.3 where there probably won't be much, if any, companion love. What is rumored to be in 1.3 for companions beyond the legacy affection unlock? I think the gear toggles are quite possible.

iamthehoyden
05.20.2012 , 08:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Creating a new letter once in a while would be nice, esp. during patches like 1.3 where there probably won't be much, if any, companion love. What is rumored to be in 1.3 for companions beyond the legacy affection unlock? I think the gear toggles are quite possible.
Considering how much time I spent tonight alone hunting down head gear that doesn't make my eyes bleed on our sparse gtn hide-head-slot cannot come too soon.
---------------

mattgyver
05.20.2012 , 10:24 PM | #19
Companions actually walking about on the ship on their own! That would be great.

Damask_Rose
05.21.2012 , 12:45 PM | #20
Here is a crumb from Facebook. "Though BioWare is working on new content for companion quests as well as world quests that arenít tied to dungeons, that type of thing wonít be ready for 1.3." "Expect a return to big content with 1.4." Not much, but at least they are thinking about us enough to comment!

This is the full article. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...patch-revealed