Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Xinika
05.31.2012 , 08:19 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
so I tried Arika, I absolutely hate it :P

it's like deception with 1 healing ability (death field)... I'm a glass cannon... Jedi knights, commandos and such eat me up in seconds. Maybe its a gear problem, I'll try it again later when I have better gear, but now, I feel useless, so I went back to 31/1/9, where I can be of some use, guarding people and actually surviving longer.

maybe I'll try the other one later as well.
What gives Arika the edge over Deception (imo) is that there is no setup on the burst. It is completely unpredictable and you can start the burst and just keep going. I personally favour it over infil because I'm aware of how to use the style. It doesn't play like infil, so don't try to imitate it that way.

It plays like itself

Quote: Originally Posted by InariOkami View Post
I've been running your 0/13/28 spec ever since you first announced it (before you made the video :P, I have your mrrobot page bookmarked) and absolutely love it. I was curious about stats though. It looks like you run 900 power but only with 18% crit unbuffed. As of right now I'm at about 400 power, 28% crit unbuffed, 76.88% surge, 96% accuracy, 1600 willpower, and 1123 expertise. 18% crit sounds a little disheartening for me, even with recklessness thats only every 75 seconds with stalker set bonus, so I wanted to know why you think the power is worth the loss in crit.
My armoury is geared for KC/Infil, not 13/28. 13/28 needs the crit, roughly 25%+.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Grogget
06.03.2012 , 11:38 AM | #32
I'll try out your 23/1/17 Hybrid and see how that goes. Sith assassin in Stalker Battlemaster (1 war hero augmented) gear.

Edit, holy crap, this build kicks butt.

Edit 2: Video to boot. Not the best example, but it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo9kC3jAsHE

Xinika
06.04.2012 , 09:06 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
I'll try out your 23/1/17 Hybrid and see how that goes. Sith assassin in Stalker Battlemaster (1 war hero augmented) gear.

Edit, holy crap, this build kicks butt.

Edit 2: Video to boot. Not the best example, but it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo9kC3jAsHE
Glad you enjoy it .
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

Xinika
06.05.2012 , 11:18 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Azuredraco View Post
Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.
Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)
May I know what spec you are aiming for? Different specs require different stat allocation.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

DarthMaulUK
06.05.2012 , 12:28 PM | #35
Just thought I would pop in and give my thoughts on the 23/1/17 spec. Although my new toon is lvl 45 atm, in pvp, this spec really can do some damage and keep me alive just long enough to hold points against a couple of incomings..

My main Assassin is 7/34/0 which I simply love because it has huge bursts of pain, movement and escape. Having switched to the dull 31/0/10 - sure its a great spec but you just dont have any kind of movement. Everything depends on guarding and AOEs.

But the 23/1/17 combines both and thus far really enjoying it. But I do have a question - 2 points in Impact control(Hollow) for SA, can I ask why? Are you using a shield or focus off hand? Because if its focus(which I like), its 2 points that I could use elsewhere.

To those thinking about this spec - go for it!
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

AmericanNate
06.05.2012 , 01:12 PM | #36
My question for the 23/1/17 has to do with popping Recklessness/relic/Adrenal. Is it best to do this after energize is procced, followed by a death field and then Thrash? I think I'm doing it wrong. I'm relatively min/maxed with mods. But I feel like I should be getting a little more "fist" out of my hits. I think maybe I'm using my reck/relic/adrenal at the wrong time.
Darth Paladius - 50
Lord Kraya - 50
Fasik- Pyrotech 50
Cipher Agent Xeeva Hybrid Medicine/Concealment OP 50

SBrodan
06.05.2012 , 01:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Just thought I would pop in and give my thoughts on the 23/1/17 spec. Although my new toon is lvl 45 atm, in pvp, this spec really can do some damage and keep me alive just long enough to hold points against a couple of incomings..

My main Assassin is 7/34/0 which I simply love because it has huge bursts of pain, movement and escape. Having switched to the dull 31/0/10 - sure its a great spec but you just dont have any kind of movement. Everything depends on guarding and AOEs.

But the 23/1/17 combines both and thus far really enjoying it. But I do have a question - 2 points in Impact control(Hollow) for SA, can I ask why? Are you using a shield or focus off hand? Because if its focus(which I like), its 2 points that I could use elsewhere.

To those thinking about this spec - go for it!
I wonder if it's for the 10% heal that you still get from hollow?

DarthMaulUK
06.05.2012 , 03:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SBrodan View Post
I wonder if it's for the 10% heal that you still get from hollow?
Yeah it could well be. But atm I dont have Overload saber until lvl 50. So its not worth the points(but I have spent the points in hollow) as Im now lvl46, I cant be bothered to respec lol.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Xinika
06.07.2012 , 08:42 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AmericanNate View Post
My question for the 23/1/17 has to do with popping Recklessness/relic/Adrenal. Is it best to do this after energize is procced, followed by a death field and then Thrash? I think I'm doing it wrong. I'm relatively min/maxed with mods. But I feel like I should be getting a little more "fist" out of my hits. I think maybe I'm using my reck/relic/adrenal at the wrong time.
You use the relic/adrenal for the energize proc followed by a death field. That works just fine.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

AmericanNate
06.07.2012 , 09:09 AM | #40
So now we get to see how this is runs minus the Relic/Adrenal combo. I'll probably be using this build for Rateds, or my 27/14/0 build. Not sure yet how Harnessed Darkness is going to shake out in WZs with the changes coming. I won't be going back and earning a whole new set of survivor gear so pretty much I'm gonna have to go for dps with survivability and utility. We should know in a couple of weeks.
Darth Paladius - 50
Lord Kraya - 50
Fasik- Pyrotech 50
Cipher Agent Xeeva Hybrid Medicine/Concealment OP 50