Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

olagaton
05.24.2012 , 07:58 AM | #21
I'm curious why you stack Willpower instead of Power/Endurance, when you get more return from them.

Xinika
05.27.2012 , 10:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
so what is your take on the "traditional" 31/0/10 spec that almost every Assassin/Shadow runs around with? And yes, that is an assumption as almost every assassin I click on has Dark Charge on

Some claim it is Op, because it does so much damage, I dont know, haven't played my assassin much since release of 1.2, I made a Juggernaut and have been busy with him (as you can see in my signature). But I was thinking of going back to my assassin at some point. might try one of these. if I dont like them, I can always go back to the damagetank spec (31/0/10 with dps gear).

I really like deception, but its a glass cannon and it's not worth it doing high burst if you die every 30 seconds now is it?
31/0/10 is highly overrated and easily countered by people with half a brain. Not only is it overrated but I do not find the spec to be anything that special compared to the other ACs out there. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's average and in the end: fine.

I would never recommend Deception for teamplay unless you enjoy personal satisfaction. You simply have other specs (hybrids included) that are more valuable to the team.

Quote: Originally Posted by Isaccard View Post
What really brings all of this together is the way she's optimized her gear.

How much expertise/power/willpower do you have total with buffs?
That armoury is slightly dated. We're looking at 877 Power w/ 1105 expertise.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

InariOkami
05.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #23
I've been running your 0/13/28 spec ever since you first announced it (before you made the video :P, I have your mrrobot page bookmarked) and absolutely love it. I was curious about stats though. It looks like you run 900 power but only with 18% crit unbuffed. As of right now I'm at about 400 power, 28% crit unbuffed, 76.88% surge, 96% accuracy, 1600 willpower, and 1123 expertise. 18% crit sounds a little disheartening for me, even with recklessness thats only every 75 seconds with stalker set bonus, so I wanted to know why you think the power is worth the loss in crit.

SakomFiftyOne
05.28.2012 , 01:35 PM | #24
I'm bored of the standard 31/0/10 spec and will give both of these a try. I was very impressed with the video and the information provided. Good job!

Azuredraco
05.28.2012 , 03:40 PM | #25
Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.
Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)

olagaton
05.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Azuredraco View Post
Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.
Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)
If you want to get to a specific % on any given stat, you can certainly do so, but know that you are giving up other stats to achieve those. For example, getting from 27% to 31% crit (a 4% difference) might be better used in Power, going from damage bonus of 350 to say 450, which is a 28% increase. Sure you would crit 4% less often than someone with 31%, but on every other hit you would be doing 28% more damage, given the same rotation. The same applies to other stats with similar diminishing returns, like Surge, Accuracy, etc.

Mr_Phil
05.28.2012 , 09:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dollyllama_ View Post
EVERYTHING in pvp is situational and I don't like calling it a "rotation" per say but in a nutshell here's what you want to be using in each spec:
23-1-17
- Shock on energize proc
- Maul on a Duplicity proc
- Death Field when its CD is up.
- Thrash/Assassinate to proc energize.
- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when energize is available/DeathField is ready/and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.
Why is discharge not used in this rotation? I'm currently 31 pts in Darkness and would like to try 23-1-17 out. Sounds like fun but I want to make sure i understand the priority/rotation first
thanks!

-Phil

Fallerup
05.29.2012 , 08:33 AM | #28
so I tried Arika, I absolutely hate it :P

it's like deception with 1 healing ability (death field)... I'm a glass cannon... Jedi knights, commandos and such eat me up in seconds. Maybe its a gear problem, I'll try it again later when I have better gear, but now, I feel useless, so I went back to 31/1/9, where I can be of some use, guarding people and actually surviving longer.

maybe I'll try the other one later as well.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Moontayle
05.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Phil View Post
Why is discharge not used in this rotation? I'm currently 31 pts in Darkness and would like to try 23-1-17 out. Sounds like fun but I want to make sure i understand the priority/rotation first
thanks!

-Phil
Discharge in Dark Charge stance is situational at best. The immediate benefit is multiple targets get hit, but it ends there (useful for stopping caps). The -5% accuracy is worthless when 80-90% of the abilities being used are abilities with an inherent +10% accuracy (tech/force) on top of whatever extra they have in the stat itself. Meaning at best you might get them back down to 100%, but more likely 103% or so. This is why Discharge is only really used with the DPS specs and hybrids as opposed to anything within the Dark Charge stance.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

Mr_Phil
05.29.2012 , 03:36 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Moontayle View Post
Discharge in Dark Charge stance is situational at best. The immediate benefit is multiple targets get hit, but it ends there (useful for stopping caps). The -5% accuracy is worthless when 80-90% of the abilities being used are abilities with an inherent +10% accuracy (tech/force) on top of whatever extra they have in the stat itself. Meaning at best you might get them back down to 100%, but more likely 103% or so. This is why Discharge is only really used with the DPS specs and hybrids as opposed to anything within the Dark Charge stance.
Thanks that's super good to know. So when I'm playing 31/0/10 i ideally wouldn't want to be using discharge either?