Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you keybind?

funkiestj
05.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slamuel View Post
In the fleet pass, there is a thread giving advice on what to put where, etc, but how do you actually bind an ability to a key?
Lots of good advice in this thread ... here are my comments:
  1. you do not have to put the fleet pass on a key/quickslot. you can simply use it from the abilities window (that is what I do)
  2. binding abilities to keys is a 2 step process: keys are bound to quickslots (described in other posts). Then abilities are places in quickslots (drag and drop). Either of these actions can change what ability or action a key maps to.

At higher levels you start to run out of quickslots for your abilities if you are not careful. I don't have anything in my quickslots that I don't use in combat (e.g. quick travel & fleetpass).

TANGENT: if you are turning using keybindings rather than mouse, switch to turning with your mouse. Having a hand on the mouse is essential for doing ranged AoEs ("area of affect" e.g. passing the huttball, bounty hunter death from above).

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Ellvaan
05.19.2012 , 12:26 AM | #12
Greetings everyone!

There are some great responses in this thread to the question regarding keybinding! We love to see community member's help each other!

Have a great day!