Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you keybind?

Slamuel
05.14.2012 , 04:23 PM | #1
In the fleet pass, there is a thread giving advice on what to put where, etc, but how do you actually bind an ability to a key?

Thanks.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

bright_ephemera
05.14.2012 , 04:31 PM | #2
When you check out the Preferences menu (esc to Main Menu -> Preferences), there's a Key Bindings tab at the bottom of the window. Take a look through it, see what kind of general activities you can bind. For binding your abilities you'll be using the second, third, and fourth quickbar keybinds.

To bind, click the existing keybind slot or the "Not Bound" button next to the action you want, then press the key you want to use.

When you select keybinds, you can bind both a key (say, Y) and its meta combinations (shift+Y, ctrl+Y, alt+Y) all separately
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Naizgrel
05.14.2012 , 06:17 PM | #3
Im haft a keyboard turner, keybinder and clicker. I use keybinds for some abilities and click for adrenals, i just dont think im ready to move with just the mouse.
Sev, i know you are alive.

Slamuel
05.14.2012 , 06:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
When you check out the Preferences menu (esc to Main Menu -> Preferences), there's a Key Bindings tab at the bottom of the window. Take a look through it, see what kind of general activities you can bind. For binding your abilities you'll be using the second, third, and fourth quickbar keybinds.

To bind, click the existing keybind slot or the "Not Bound" button next to the action you want, then press the key you want to use.

When you select keybinds, you can bind both a key (say, Y) and its meta combinations (shift+Y, ctrl+Y, alt+Y) all separately
didnt see it, will look again.

Slamuel
05.17.2012 , 04:37 PM | #5
cant find it.

GymQuirk
05.17.2012 , 04:52 PM | #6
Game Menu --> Game Options

Bottom left, second tab: "Keybindings"

bright_ephemera
05.17.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Visual aid, labeled with my mad Paint skillz: http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...eybindmenu.jpg

I hope this helps!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

MidichIorian
05.17.2012 , 05:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Naizgrel View Post
Im haft a keyboard turner, keybinder and clicker. I use keybinds for some abilities and click for adrenals, i just dont think im ready to move with just the mouse.
If you're biochem and have re-usables I would suggest that you put the adrenals on a macro. Few are the times where you have to save an adrenal for a special occassion so it's better to just have it macro'ed to your main attack, that way you'll never forget to use it. Same applies to relics.

Slamuel
05.17.2012 , 07:47 PM | #9
Thanks all.

haliy
05.18.2012 , 12:05 AM | #10
Might want to check this link out as it goes into depth on keybinding for those who are curious about trying out binding their abilities to keystrokes
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative