Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class has (in your opinion) overall the best and which the worst companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which class has (in your opinion) overall the best and which the worst companions?

FigeroMentel
05.19.2012 , 05:41 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
Jedi Consular -- IMHO Qyzen lacks the "cool", "funny" or "cute" factor that makes other non-human-ish companions well liked (such as Blizz and Guss),
Agreed. A good example is Khem from the Inq storyline - He's probably what they were trying for with Qyzen and failed at. I couldn't care less about Qyzen's ridiculous story and I am so sick of hearing about the scorekeeper. Khem on the other hand was always entertaining, and his over the top emo attitude was charming in its humor. His storyline meant something and was surprisingly deep, and above all else, he was more useful from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think there's a better melee tank companion out there.
Martha Mentel Dahlquist Mentel
Figero Mentel Carvala Mentel
Annek Mentel Jelal Mentel

Captain_Zone
05.19.2012 , 06:30 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Taalbert View Post
Hey now, leave my kitty cat out of this! Haven't you ever heard of 'treat em mean keep em keen?' Worked for my trooper, she is eating out of his hand now, all because he was an *** to start with. Purr! Although, I would still like to slap him. o.O In the nicest way, of course.
I had to go through it RL in Basic, so I wasn't too thrilled with it when I started my Trooper ingame.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
05.19.2012 , 06:33 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by FigeroMentel View Post
Agreed. A good example is Khem from the Inq storyline - He's probably what they were trying for with Qyzen and failed at. I couldn't care less about Qyzen's ridiculous story and I am so sick of hearing about the scorekeeper. Khem on the other hand was always entertaining, and his over the top emo attitude was charming in its humor. His storyline meant something and was surprisingly deep, and above all else, he was more useful from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think there's a better melee tank companion out there.
Also, Khem is arguably the most famous character in TOR. He was Tulak Hord's personal assassin.

But yeah, his sense of humor is is so dry, it makes the Dune Sea look like a vacation resort.
. OPOD

Obianon
05.19.2012 , 10:08 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena;4414491
[U
Worst:[/U]
Jedi Consular -- IMHO Qyzen lacks the "cool", "funny" or "cute" factor that makes other non-human-ish companions well liked (such as Blizz and Guss), and Tharan seems a little too "love or hate". Plus, romance options are too late in the story, and to add insult to injury, Iresso is rather uninteresting and Nadia may as well be a 16-year-old and is also your Padawan. Zenith is actually one of my favorite companions, but I think he feels a little underdeveloped.

Imperial Agent -- their companions are interesting and unique, but IMHO they are not varied enough in terms of alignment and hmm, how to say it, niceness? Camaraderie factor? My agent is low leveled, but playing LS I get the idea that the only companion that my character could actually trust and would stick by her is Vector. Who you do not get until Alderaan, which is another issue as that is a long time the IA has to wait for a second class companion.
Agent companion "alignments" are actually pretty varied and don't go along simple "light/dark" choices.... so I really do enjoy them. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were "nice," obviously SCORPIO wasn't, Loken was kind of a father figure though, and Kaliyo was kind of a fun sidekick. Level them through, it gets better.

As for Consular, I mostly agree with your assessment. Zenith was awesome. Nadia was underdeveloped and came in too late. Qyzen was dry. However, I actually found Tharan to be one of the more entertaining companions in the game, and as far as Felix goes, I thought his storyline was interesting
Spoiler

Best: Kaliyo, had more missions than any other companion I've had, and they turned out to be damn interesting.
Worst: Sergeant Rusk. Boring, as dirt. Felt like he was just thrown in so I could have a ranged tank and had a really shallow story.

Captain_Zone
05.19.2012 , 10:43 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Obianon View Post
Worst: Sergeant Rusk. Boring, as dirt. Felt like he was just thrown in so I could have a ranged tank and had a really shallow story.
Rusk is on my list for "Why Are You Here?" companions.

Like you said, he's boring as dirt. He's also an incompetent field commander that believes in sacrificing his own men to accomplish the mission. It's basically by sheer luck that he's managed to survive so long.

In the real world, he would have been relieved of duty a long time ago and been forced into early retirement at the very least.

IMO, he should be in the Republic version of Ft. Leavenworth instead of being stuck with the Knight.
. OPOD

awsomej
05.22.2012 , 12:02 PM | #66
Kailyo is the worst and I really liked Doc.
I think I sithed myself...