Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class has (in your opinion) overall the best and which the worst companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which class has (in your opinion) overall the best and which the worst companions?

Path-x
05.14.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1
I think Sith Warrior has by far the most interesting companions. Well although I disliked her anti-imperial stance, I sort of loved Vette's personality and storyline. Since I am more of a "military type" I also liked Quinn. Pierce is a perfect counterpart for Quinn. Well you probably know that I really like Jaessa . Broonmark is okay too.

Despite the fact that (in my opinion) Imperial Agent has probably the best storyline, I have to say it has the worst companions. You probably know by now how much I hate Kaliyo so I will just move on. Vector and the whole bug thing completely turned me off. Well to be honest I haven't spent much time on Lokin since he immediately seemed uninteresting. Temple is kinda okay. And the droid is just weird. You just can't like someone who doesn't liek you and is trying to kill you.

Darth_Vicente
05.14.2012 , 03:29 PM | #2
Worst companion: Kaylio.

Best companion: Dark Jaesa
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Path-x
05.14.2012 , 03:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
Worst companion: Kaylio.

Best companion: Dark Jaesa
Haha, we are on the same page.

iamthehoyden
05.14.2012 , 03:51 PM | #4
The bounty hunter crew is pretty good with some outstanding members (Blizz is fabulous) and one major ick (Skadge). Mako can get a bit irritating although she ROCKS the heals, Gault is amusing, and Torian's a little bland, but overall they're pretty good.

I adore the trooper crew. They make sense as a team, and given that you're playing a non-Force user it makes sense that Havoc Squad as a whole is a big part of why you win. They all have a reason for being there, and I even like Tanno Vik although we don't agree on much (except blowing things up, we both love that). 4X is hilarious and over-the-top. Yuan is strange, but effective. Elara heals like a pro. And then there's Jorgan. Plus they're easy as pie to gear. As a group, this one is the best, in my admittedly limited experience.

I don't have all the companions on my other toons so it's harder to say.

The worst companion of all companions that I've encountered so far is Skadge, without a doubt. I know there are a few people who love him, but for me, he's it.
The best companion....hm....that one's a little harder. I mean I love Jorgan for his personality, voice, and his assault cannon but Blizz is so much fun and I just want to say "you're sooo cute" every time I have him out. I'm going to have to go with Jorgan because he's actually useful as well as scrumptious, and Blizz although I adore him is just not as helpful in a fight (even though he tries REALLY hard).
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
05.14.2012 , 03:52 PM | #5
Played Knight, Smuggler, Agent, Warrior.

Best: Wow, tossup between Knight and Agent. A wide spread of vivid personalities. Agent wins for sheer awesomeness of concepts:
Spoiler
The Knight's first three companions have an incredible warmth and liveliness, and Lord Scourge is awesomeness incarnate.

Worst: Smuggler, easily. I know we get Chewie (there is, after all, only one Wookiee in all of history) and I know we get a funny variant on Leia, but...the recruitments are forced and the individuals mostly vanilla. They consistently get better as you go, but Guss came too late to save this crew. I mean, come on:
Spoiler

The Warrior is interesting. Quinn and Pierce are fantastic foils for each other and I like their interaction more than any other companion dynamic in the game. Jaesa's LS/DS deal is an incredibly cool concept. I can't say the whole crew is anywhere near best or worst, but there are some really daring ideas in there.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

jgelling
05.14.2012 , 03:55 PM | #6
I think in my playing so far the only interesting/cool companion on the Republic side was T7 - I have a love of droids and T7 = hero!! Other than that, bad. The pirate was also decent.

On the Imperial side, yeah, so far the Sith warrior companions are as good as it gets. The Agent storyline may be fantastic, but the companions are weird and feel like they were thrown in there fairly randomly, aside from Kaliyo, who's not the most likable person ever. But the Sith Inquisitor's companions - starting with a monster that wants to eat you - is neck and neck for equally mediocre travel companions, although I'd give the edge to the Agent's writers because the companions there are creative, even if they don't seem like a good fit for your character or story and come especially late in the game.

All in all, BW really should've done more to round out the personalities on these companions, they should be introduced much earlier in the story than they are, and they should all play more of a role in the main story than they do - or at least provide some sort of amusement factor in between grinding sidequests. I think not being able to talk to your companions out in the field is a mistake as far as the game design goes.

So yeah, best class companions may be Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight. Worst would be Jedi consular, hands-down, because really everything about the consular is the worst in this game.

Sulvan
05.14.2012 , 04:02 PM | #7
Best companions go to jedi knight and sith inquisitor because they get 2 jedi/sith companions.

Worst goes to imperial agent they are just all so weird looking.

darthdinosaur
05.14.2012 , 04:41 PM | #8
Having played a trooper to 24, knight to 25, sith warrior and inquisitor both to 50, a bounty hunter to 29 and an agent and smggler both to 10 here is my top 5, and bottom 5

top 5

1: M1-4x: Who doesnt want a robot that is a ****** klling machine
2: Dark Jaesa: A bit over the top at times but she if a very well done character
3: Aric Jorgan: The reason he is so well done is because I legitimately hate him, him tearing me apart prior to level 10 has not been forgiven
4: Khem Val: The incidents after act 1 have made hima very weird character, but likeable
5: Kira Carsen: Easily likeable with her laid back attitude, the opposite to Jaesa which provides a nice flip.

bottom 5

1: Kaliyo: Immediately hated her, the model, the voice... everything about her I dislike
2: Gault: By the stars...... **** off kindly please
3: Quinn: Prior to act 3 he was average, after the incident I have hated him since
4: Torien Cadera: I play swtor to get away from my kids, I dont want one as my companion
5: Xalek: Came along too late in the SI story to get any reasonable background for him, for that he gets to be the best of the worst.
Squadron 11-11-11

Come check out the twin conclave!!! http://thetwinconclave.enjin.com/

Crezelle
05.14.2012 , 05:27 PM | #9
agent's crew compliments the struggles agent faces
kaliyo: i do what i effin want, screw you all, you're not the boss of me
vector: we serve the masses, solutions can be found peacefully
lokin: self enlightenment. the veteran agent. you shouldn't trust him, and he's okay with that. * as quoted from "The Last Unicorn" * " You may come and go as you please. My secrets guard themselves. Will yours do the same?"
temple: wait, we have to make our own decisions?! wheres an adult to hold my hand ? ; ;
scorpio: feel no remorse. feel no pity. evolve.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Pubsam
05.14.2012 , 07:05 PM | #10
It's hard to say who has the best overall... but playing a lot of the BH story and more recently the SW, I really like how with those classes the companions seem to interact more, and are more tied together than as a unit - a feeling I didn't get from my Agent, Consular, or even Trooper.

Example: I just picked up Pierce on my Marauder, and right away you see him and Quinn are like oil and water. It was well written. When I picked up Tanno Vik, I had Jorgan out with me through the whole chase on Balmorra up to Vik's official recruitment, and Jorgan (as I remember) had basically no comment until the very end. And even then it was pretty mild and only addressed to me... seeing Jorgan (or whoever you made XO) get in Vik's face would've been way better.

So yeah, I see companion's interact in cutscenes and I'm entertained and my opinion of their characters goes up.
Time for a nap.