Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Enegineering

Obilam
12.18.2011 , 01:20 AM | #1
Morning all (depending where you are).

I have a query for you.

Last night i was RE some of my green crafted items. As I was ploughing through i was lucky enough to pick up a blue schematic.

As I had a few of these (I beleived worthless) green crafted items made, I was continuing to RE in order to get materials back and I got a further two blues from the remaining two greens (pretty good going).

These Blues (three of them) had all the same stats as eachother but different names.

Therefore I wanted to know if it was possible to actualy get a differnt blue stat'd weapon from a green item if i continued to RE it?

Please advise.

Regards

WRider
12.18.2011 , 01:50 AM | #2
Check out this tread it explains reverse engineering

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530

REVERSE ENGINEERING

Reverse Engineering (RE) is the process of de-constructing an item in order to gain some of its crafting materials. There is also a chance of gaining a new recipe.
The quality of the item determines what materials you receive
You can only Reverse Engineer specific types of items you can craft yourself. For example synthweaving will only allow you to Reverse Engineer force user armours.
When an item is reversed engineered, the item is destroyed in the process. Make sure you RE the correct item because once it is gone, it isn't coming back!
Reverse engineering can be done at any time in the game, you do not require any form work bench
To reverse engineer an item simply click the golden RE icon in the upper right corner of your inventory.
When clicked this will blackout any non-reversible items and highlight those you can Reverse.
Simply click on the item you want to RE and you will begin doing so.
After the item has been RE'd a loot table will pop up with the materials you gathered from the process. Click take all.
An important aspect of Reverse Engineering is that it will be the only way to get certain patterns/recipes. Details on this are still mostly unknown, such as the chances of getting these patterns etc.
If you want to reverse engineer health packs or stims be careful because you will reverse engineer the whole stack! Make sure you split up stacks before you reverse engineer if you want to keep a specific quantity.
To split a stack simply [SHIFT + CLICK] the item then drag the cursor into an inventory slot.
The WRider

Obilam
12.18.2011 , 02:21 AM | #3
Thanks. I have that link but it doesnt cover my question.

Basically (and i realised i may have made the question complicated above).

How many times should you RE the same Green item? I've done it many times and ended up with three blue items, all with different names BUT with teh same stats.

Am I likely to ever get another blue item with differnt stats or should I not bother RE the green item any more.

Regards

tyorll
12.18.2011 , 02:51 AM | #4
Can you reverse engineer the prototype (blue recipes) items that you get from reverse engineering the original recipes?

ie: reverse engineer a green "battle stim" -> chance to get a "prototype battle stim". Can I then reverse engineer the prototype to get better items? or it'll never drop a better pattern?

Keokal
12.18.2011 , 03:37 AM | #5
got any clue as to what would cause the reverse engineering icon to disappear? i still have synthweaving. i have a piece in my inventory that i made but still no icon.. ive exited the game and came back in as well as reset ui.

Slaign
12.18.2011 , 03:49 AM | #6
Check out my guide to reverse engineering, it will answer a great many of your questions:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866