Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Remove Normal Mode as a Hard-Mode Req for Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please Remove Normal Mode as a Hard-Mode Req for Flashpoints

Nokraenom
05.14.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
As the title says, please remove the Normal Mode requirements to complete the Hard-Mode Flashpoints.

While I can understand entirely wanting players to be familiar with the mechanics before jumping into a Hard-Mode run, on most servers it is impossible to find a group to run the Normal mode for any of the leveling Flashpoints due to population issues if you are guildless (how frequently am I going to find a tank and healer in the level 25-30 range sitting in the fleet trying to queue for a specific Flashpoint? My server, Dark Reaper, despite having one of the highest populations at launch, is always "light" population now).

Today, for example, I had to drop out of a group wanting to run Hard Foundry because I never did the Normal mode on either that or Boarding Party while leveling, because I could never find a group for it. They even changed the Flashpoint to BP since I hadn't done it, but nope, I was unable to do that one either since I hadn't done Normal mode while leveling up. So, despite having run it on another character on my account, and despite being in full Battlemaster gear, I was unable to even attempt it with the group. Obviously it is unfeasible to ask a group of geared level 50s to go run a level 25/30 Flashpoint with me just so I can run their PuG group. I felt pretty horrible for wasting their time as it was.

I'm a fairly casual player, so this is a huge issue that prevents me from running any endgame PvE content. So despite having full BM gear from PvP, I have yet to step foot inside a single Hardmode Flashpoint on my main, and today when I tried to I wasn't even able.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as whining, but I really would like to be able to play some of the endgame PvE content, and I figure I am probably not alone in having this problem.

hfxRos
05.14.2012 , 12:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nokraenom View Post
As the title says, please remove the Normal Mode requirements to complete the Hard-Mode Flashpoints.

While I can understand entirely wanting players to be familiar with the mechanics before jumping into a Hard-Mode run, on most servers it is impossible to find a group to run the Normal mode for any of the leveling Flashpoints due to population issues if you are guildless (how frequently am I going to find a tank and healer in the level 25-30 range sitting in the fleet trying to queue for a specific Flashpoint? My server, Dark Reaper, despite having one of the highest populations at launch, is always "light" population now).

Today, for example, I had to drop out of a group wanting to run Hard Foundry because I never did the Normal mode on either that or Boarding Party while leveling, because I could never find a group for it. They even changed the Flashpoint to BP since I hadn't done it, but nope, I was unable to do that one either since I hadn't done Normal mode while leveling up. So, despite having run it on another character on my account, and despite being in full Battlemaster gear, I was unable to even attempt it with the group. Obviously it is unfeasible to ask a group of geared level 50s to go run a level 25/30 Flashpoint with me just so I can run their PuG group. I felt pretty horrible for wasting their time as it was.

I'm a fairly casual player, so this is a huge issue that prevents me from running any endgame PvE content. So despite having full BM gear from PvP, I have yet to step foot inside a single Hardmode Flashpoint on my main, and today when I tried to I wasn't even able.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as whining, but I really would like to be able to play some of the endgame PvE content, and I figure I am probably not alone in having this problem.
You can solo any of those FPs at level 50 in green gear in under 15 minutes.

backburner
05.14.2012 , 12:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hfxRos View Post
You can solo any of those FPs at level 50 in green gear in under 15 minutes.
I can see how this might be annoying.

DyasAlue
05.14.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nokraenom View Post

It isn't a requirement? I never finished a normal mode. I have done lots of hard modes.
Server: Kass City | Name: Bounty | Level: 50 |
Class: | Alignment: IV
Gear

Oggthebase
05.14.2012 , 12:42 PM | #5
There is NO PRE-PREQUISITE to run normal mode before doing hard mode.

However, what is required is that you pick the breadcrumbs mission that leads to Boarding Party. Once you've listened to the briefing, you'll have two missions in your codex:
- the "[group] flashpoint: Boarding Party" that you should abandon (it is the mission for normal mode) so that you can pick the hard mode version of this mission "[hard] flashpoint: Boarding Party".
- the "Call to arms" that is the story behing boarding party and foundry. KEEP THIS MISSION. Once you complete boarding party, you'll need to listen to some more debriefing before you get the mission for the foundry (that you should abandon, since it's normal mode, in order to pick the hard mode version, but KEEP THIS MISSION).

Traxv
05.14.2012 , 12:43 PM | #6
Yes not a requirement. With those storyline quests that give you the normal mode quest just delete the flashpoint quest not storyline quest. Then pick up HM quest.

Lithy
05.14.2012 , 12:51 PM | #7
There is no normal mode requirement. As said a few times.
The Hartshotte Legacy
Lithíum, Sniper
Tallianna, Gunslinger
Shadowed

jasonthelamb
05.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #8
Hey, there's no normal mode requirement

Vylettes
05.14.2012 , 02:09 PM | #9
You can do all the flashpoints in hardmode to get credit

The only hardmode requirement is that you have to do Tarvel V/Boarding party before you can do Whatever is the rep side/Foundry.

And that is first time only.