Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Slicing, is it bugged?


netskink's Avatar


netskink
05.14.2012 , 09:56 AM | #1
For weeks now I have been trying to get the ship armour schematic. I have not found a single ship schematic via crew skills for at least a few weeks. I have also maxed affection on my droid and purchased the crit sensor. I do not think it has yielded a crit yet.

As far as schematics go, I did find an already know ship schematic from a node on belsavis. I have probably harvested a 100 nodes over these weeks.

I'm asking you, do you think the cybertech ship droid sensor is working and has slicing been broken?
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

rpointon's Avatar


rpointon
05.14.2012 , 10:19 AM | #2
dont think its bugged for the schematics but i still think lockboxes arent yielding the right amount of credits.....yesterday i ran 5 rich slicing missions with an 8000 affection sliciing crit companion (T7-01) and every one yielded less credits than it cost me for the mission which i thought had been fixed in one of the latest updates ? i know its variable but surely i shouldnt be receiving 500-700 creds for a Rich mission that costs me 895 to run ?

Can anyone else confirm they still have this issue even after the update ?

netskink's Avatar


netskink
05.14.2012 , 11:23 AM | #3
I can confirm that. See my earlier posts. The only reason I am doing slicing missions is to hope I get the ship armor schematic.
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

ThiborF's Avatar


ThiborF
05.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rpointon View Post
dont think its bugged for the schematics but i still think lockboxes arent yielding the right amount of credits.....yesterday i ran 5 rich slicing missions with an 8000 affection sliciing crit companion (T7-01) and every one yielded less credits than it cost me for the mission which i thought had been fixed in one of the latest updates ? i know its variable but surely i shouldnt be receiving 500-700 creds for a Rich mission that costs me 895 to run ?

Can anyone else confirm they still have this issue even after the update ?
The devs confirmed the lockbox issue as an unintended bug. I've not seen anything in subsequent patch notes to indicate they've addressed it.

Noviru's Avatar


Noviru
05.14.2012 , 01:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThiborF View Post
The devs confirmed the lockbox issue as an unintended bug. I've not seen anything in subsequent patch notes to indicate they've addressed it.
Hello,

The issue you are referring to should have been corrected in Patch 1.2.2:
Quote:
Gather Skills - Slicing
  • Premium Slicing lockboxes now yield the correct amount of credits.
If you believe you are still receiving an incorrect amount of credits from your lockboxes, please let us know!

Thank you!

BuckShotSchell's Avatar


BuckShotSchell
05.14.2012 , 01:38 PM | #6
I have maxed slicing but not affection. I have never found any schematics. I get a lot of onetime missions though.
"In the force we trust. All others must pay cash!"
Cpt. BuckshotSchell, 'Lv 50 Slinger, Bucaneer, Lady's Man.
"To serve the light, sometimes we must walk in the dark"
Haruhi, Dark Sentinel, Knight of Dubrillion

siegeshot's Avatar


siegeshot
05.14.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
In 1.2 they made the ship recipes much much much rarer. I've already put in a ticket about slicing box $$ amounts. Tis bugged again. Worked weekend before last though. /sad smuggler
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Darev's Avatar


Darev
05.14.2012 , 04:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by siegeshot;4371242[U
]In 1.2 they made the ship recipes much much much rarer[/U]. I've already put in a ticket about slicing box $$ amounts. Tis bugged again. Worked weekend before last though. /sad smuggler
Was going to post just that. It was done on purpose, because post 1.2 they were VERY common. On my server (Helm of Graush) you can easily find the purple ship part schematics on the GTN for pretty cheap (as an example, your server may be different).

I hope that once the devs, or players for that matter, feel that it's been balanced out, the drop rate is increased slightly.

Saldeeve's Avatar


Saldeeve
05.14.2012 , 06:38 PM | #9
Lockboxes for slicing are bugged again. Let them know. It was only fixed for a single patch, and now it's back to bugged.

Darev's Avatar


Darev
05.14.2012 , 09:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Saldeeve View Post
Lockboxes for slicing are bugged again. Let them know. It was only fixed for a single patch, and now it's back to bugged.
From the crew missions, or out in the "wild?"

I've been running slicing lockbox missions for the past few days pretty regularly, I haven't noticed them being bugged again.