HOTFIXES for WZ on lowpop-Servers

kickinhead

We all know the Problem - BW knows the Problem, but Transfers won't come soon enough.

What are some Options that can be quickly implemented to sweeten the waiting peroid for Players on lowpop-Servers?

Here are some Ideas, plz post your's as well.

Instant lvl50-Char (PvP-only) with full Recruit-Set on Lowpop-Servers, preferably on the side with fewer Players:

Even if it was just for testing out other chars and if the Char would be deleted once Mergers happen, this could lead to a fast increase in Players on lowpop-Servers.

Remerge high and lowlevel-PvP with better Stats and Full-Recruit-gear for lowies:

Give lowies the option to queue for highlevel-PvP with full recruit-set and lvl50 stats.

Let Imp and Reps get in the same teams:

On servers like ours, with three times the imps, this would give Reps the chance to play PvP in the afternoon as well.

Double Comms/Valor/Credits for lowpop-Servers, preferably the side with fewer players:

Player on high-pop Servers have outfarmed us anyways and even the imps on our server, which are able to play a lot more PvP than the reps, are outgearing us. This added Bonus will probably give some players more incentive to stay on their lowpop-servers and maybe some inactives will give the game and the server another chance if you sweeten the deal a bit.

4v4 and 6v6 WZ's

Very simple: If there aren't enough players for a team of 8, just let the WZ start with 4 or 6 players max on each side.

Give players a Boni for the next WZ proportional to the time they've w8 in the queue:

This would give ppl incentive to queue up for WZ's during times, where normally, no WZ would open and therefore they wouldn't queue up anyways. Per 15 min w8, it should give sth. like 100 Comms Bonus, for the next WZ (of course you have to complete it).

Edited by kickinhead

Many good ideas there. 4v4 or 6v6 is maybe the best of them all. Have I missed something though? Why is cross-server PVP such an impossible thing for Bioware? If we had that, then really for us folks that like WZs low server population wouldn't be that big of an issue. But yes, its killing me to do all the daily quests I can stand while queued, then go stand around on Fleet waiting for queue to pop, window shopping gear that, at the rate I am going, I will be able to buy in six months if I am lucky.

Server merges seems like another way to help. Just take say three-four low population servers and merge them into one server.

Many good ideas there. 4v4 or 6v6 is maybe the best of them all. Have I missed something though? Why is cross-server PVP such an impossible thing for Bioware? If we had that, then really for us folks that like WZs low server population wouldn't be that big of an issue. But yes, its killing me to do all the daily quests I can stand while queued, then go stand around on Fleet waiting for queue to pop, window shopping gear that, at the rate I am going, I will be able to buy in six months if I am lucky.

Server merges seems like another way to help. Just take say three-four low population servers and merge them into one server.

It shouldn't be that hard for BW to implement cross-server, server-transfers and server-mergers, but I don't think they will be able to do that soon enough. The changes proposed by me, should be easy to implement and have a very fast and direct impact on PvP on lowpop-servers. I've talked with a friend of mine who knows a bit more about programming than me and he said that some of the changes literally only require you to tweak some numbers - this could be done very quickly...

Edited by kickinhead

I like your ideas and I wish there were people from BW that were going to read and think about what u wrote here kickinhead, but sadly that wont happen and we - the players on low populated servers will just vanish little by little :(

Valid ideas for the " current situation" but doubt they would come under hotfixes even if considered

Well, those are the hottest I could come up with.... :cool:

And I'm hoping other ppl will contribute some other Ideas as well...

It's also very important for BW/EA to make some sort of gesture that says: "Yes, we are caring about ppl on low-pop servers", that would at least give us back some of the trust that probably everyone on lowpop-servers has lost in BW/EA.

Well, those are the hottest I could come up with.... :cool:

And I'm hoping other ppl will contribute some other Ideas as well...

It's also very important for BW/EA to make some sort of gesture that says: "Yes, we are caring about ppl on low-pop servers", that would at least give us back some of the trust that probably everyone on lowpop-servers has lost in BW/EA.

I was mostly talking about the term "hotfix" itself. Hotfix is usually a code that fixes bug in a product. Synonymous to something that is rolled out quick. I would love if ideas like you put out could be implemented fast but based on what we see of BW cycle this is highly unlikely for various reasons.

I especially think 6 vs 6 and mixed teams would help greatly at this point as a temporary thing