Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story : Reliving our toon's story ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Story : Reliving our toon's story ..

SabaccPlayer
05.16.2012 , 03:20 PM | #11
Ya...definitely don't see this happening. As "story" is one of BioWare's "pillars", as well as one of the key components of replayability, I doubt they'll let us get a "replay/alternate reality" type feature without actually replaying a class from the ground up.

I plan to do it, but next time will try the other advanced class spec for each...which is likely why they won't let us swap out THOSE either...forces us, whether happily or unhappily, to replay a class from scratch to try out the other advanced class.

dprijadi
05.17.2012 , 09:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SabaccPlayer View Post
Ya...definitely don't see this happening. As "story" is one of BioWare's "pillars", as well as one of the key components of replayability, I doubt they'll let us get a "replay/alternate reality" type feature without actually replaying a class from the ground up.

I plan to do it, but next time will try the other advanced class spec for each...which is likely why they won't let us swap out THOSE either...forces us, whether happily or unhappily, to replay a class from scratch to try out the other advanced class.
ah no i dont mean the 'story' can be replayed with us choosign different conversation choices

what i mean is that our 'choosen' convo choice for our class quest can be 'saved' and 'replayed' so we can see how our character progress from lv1 to the end of class story..

DarthRobert
05.17.2012 , 10:33 PM | #13
Edit: see below

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 10:40 PM | #14
i'd love being able to do a redo... just to fix any rp mistakes you made
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

DarthRobert
05.17.2012 , 11:16 PM | #15
This is in the Suggestion Box. Add your support if you're keen to see something like this happen.

Ellyria
05.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
i'd love being able to do a redo... just to fix any rp mistakes you made
Spoiler
You terrible monster!

Spoiler
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

Crezelle
05.18.2012 , 04:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellyria View Post
You terrible monster!

Spoiler
i was hoping i;d get a chance to smurf him, but alas i didnt

Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Crimson_Paladin
05.24.2012 , 07:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
In single-player RPGS back in the day I would make a named save point before major conversations. And then play and replay and replay. Heck, after I got annoyed at Corso in this game, I went back to Alistair in DA:O and broke up with him just to reassure myself that at least one guy could be honest but gracious and respectful about it.

In SWTOR I can't run off save points like that, so I can't ever revisit, play through, and discard alternatives. Kind of a downer.

...and totally not the reason I'm blitzing a second femWarrior to Act 3.
I know what you mean. I mean, sure you can create a new character, but MMO's require much more grinding than Singleplayer games. I want to be able to replay my character's storyline and companion storylines without having to worry about grinding crew skills, valor, commendations, credits, gear, et cetera.

Ardim
07.20.2012 , 12:07 AM | #19
I definitely love the idea of replaying class story. Right now, I have five level 50 characters. Marauder, Operative, Mercenary, Vanguard, and Gunslinger. To be able to experience those class stories again would be totally awesome. Great entertainment. Also, some guy posted this elsewhere:

Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
LVL 50 Hard Mode class story with epic loot, I love that idea!
I wonder if this would be a good alternative to raiding. I mean, the game's main focus IS story.... So yeah.

Oh, and concerning Chance,

Spoiler
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

Pairaka
07.20.2012 , 06:02 AM | #20
I love this idea, even if they were to implement it in some form of holorecordings available in your ship library or something. I have started recording convos and such, and but with my Counselor I didn't realize the free version only recorded 30 sec bits, so the first few are cut short.

Sigh. Guess I'll just have to go reroll characters. Need more character slots per server...
Mera Virai | "You should be running..."