The Fatman: Too many people re-rolling on just one server instead of top ten?

Drakonnen

So here is what I notice: There are a bunch of well populated servers in the standard range, who could easily be heavy to very heavy population wise if people would re-roll on them. Servers like Jung Ma, The Ebon Hawk, pretty much any of the ones in the top ten when you arrange by population.

Instead of a good distribution of people re-rolling on these servers, now everyone and his brother appears to be re-rolling on The Fatman, so that it is Full with a queue, because no one apparently wants to take second chances by getting burned by ending up on a dead server again.

So, please, at least consider one of the other top ten servers, rather than having 130 people on Fatman's Tython.

More servers can be saved and brought up to that level!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will save servers is a damn merge.

Yes, but they haven't said they will do a merge. They just said they are going to allow character transfers.

I agree that a targeted merge of servers would be far and away the best thing.

So here is what I notice: There are a bunch of well populated servers in the standard range, who could easily be heavy to very heavy population wise if people would re-roll on them. Servers like Jung Ma, The Ebon Hawk, pretty much any of the ones in the top ten when you arrange by population.

Instead of a good distribution of people re-rolling on these servers, now everyone and his brother appears to be re-rolling on The Fatman, so that it is Full with a queue, because no one apparently wants to take second chances by getting burned by ending up on a dead server again.

So, please, at least consider one of the other top ten servers, rather than having 130 people on Fatman's Tython.

My friends( that still play) and I will be going to Harbinger, so no Fatman for us.

Re-rolled on the fatman 2 months ago. Waiting for server transfers to play on another server also. I wish I'll be able to transfer to EU! :)

Don't blame people for choosing the fatman. It's already frustrating enough to lose your legacy and start over again. You don't want to end up on a server that is more probable of dying (than the fatman).

Yes, but they haven't said they will do a merge. They just said they are going to allow character transfers.

I agree that a targeted merge of servers would be far and away the best thing.

Good let Bioware kill this game, who gives a crap.

Bioware is not doing what we the player want, and now its biting them in the ***. They waited too long for transfers and now look EVERYONE is quitting cause of dead servers and some are all flocking to Fatman.

In two days when D3 comes out, I BET YOU you will see a HUGE drop in players, its gonna suck if you are on every other server except 3-5 of the high pop ones.

Instead of a good distribution of people re-rolling on these servers, now everyone and his brother appears to be re-rolling on The Fatman, so that it is Full with a queue,because no one apparently wants to take second chances by getting burned by ending up on a dead server again.

think about your post and the part in bold before you respond.

Some people have already rerolled and are tired of rerolling and want a permanent home. When they ask for a xserver LFD tool, they get told they don't need it, reroll on Fatman. So if Fatman personnel don't like their queue, blame the 'purists'

I only know the German numbers, but it's probably the same relation for the US servers:

Our biggest PvE server (Jedi Tower) minimum pop since May 1st during primetime (7-10pm) was 2.4k

Our 2nd biggest PvE server had 958.

Sure it's probably a bit different in the US, but when you go to your 4th or 5th biggest server you'll probably have a population which isnt even 50% of Fatman's.

Some people have already rerolled and are tired of rerolling and want a permanent home. When they ask for a xserver LFD tool, they get told they don't need it, reroll on Fatman. So if Fatman personnel don't like their queue, blame the 'purists'

This. I rerolled twice, both on standard pop servers that seemed healthy - only to have them depopulate. I'm not taking chances anymore, I rerolled on Fatman.

Good let Bioware kill this game, who gives a crap.

Bioware is not doing what we the player want, and now its biting them in the ***. They waited too long for transfers and now look EVERYONE is quitting cause of dead servers and some are all flocking to Fatman.

In two days when D3 comes out, I BET YOU you will see a HUGE drop in players, its gonna suck if you are on every other server except 3-5 of the high pop ones.

wait... they ARE fixing things... so they ARE listening to players. if you'd like to donate a few bucks to hire on more developers then go ahead. but you can't rush projects for mmo scales. either be patient and enjoy yourself, or just leave and get over it.

we'll see how things work with d3... but that's not exactly an mmorpg... so the same can be said for all mmos like wow and even regular games... since every single person on earth will be playing that one game, right?

wait... they ARE fixing things... so they ARE listening to players. if you'd like to donate a few bucks to hire on more developers then go ahead. but you can't rush projects for mmo scales. either be patient and enjoy yourself, or just leave and get over it.

we'll see how things work with d3... but that's not exactly an mmorpg... so the same can be said for all mmos like wow and even regular games... since every single person on earth will be playing that one game, right?

*** people are already paying for the product, that's a ridiculous thing to tell people.

I would love to audit EA and find out where all the swtor money went. And then probably sue someone for embezzlement, corporate waste and/or corporate fraud.

wrong,

only fatman and Australia servers are heavy at my primary hours,

but australia ping is too lag,

so don't blame ppl re-roll on which one,

cause no one like to grind and leveling like a stupid kid again and again,

u should blame BW, they cause all of this.

wrong,

only fatman and Australia servers are heavy at my primary hours,

but australia ping is too lag,

so don't blame ppl re-roll on which one,

cause no one like to grind and leveling like a stupid kid again and again,

u should blame BW, they cause all of this.

You're incorrect. Jedi Covenant, East Coast PvE, is the #2 populated U.S. Server and it is typically Heavy or Very Heavy during prime hours.

Here is the point though: At some point in the next few months Bioware will finally allow transfers. We could be saving other servers now that are still healthy and viable and would be even more so when transfers are allowed. If not, then you can always transfer those characters to the Fatman later.

Also, it is called the Fatman (for the poster above) because that is the name of the Smuggler's ship, apparently, in the Return trailer for the game.

what exactly time will it happen? it is too late and merge don't fix anything i care, we need a free char transfer NOW.

by that time my free 30 days is already gone, and i won't care anything about the dead game anymore.

Edited by oakamp

what exactly time will it happen? it is too late and merge don't fix anything i care, we need a free char transfer NOW,

by that time my free 30 days is already gone, and i won't care anything about the dead game anymore.

"Early Summer", which in MMO Dev speak could end up meaning mid to late summer, unfortunately.

But, really, it doesn't make sense. They'll allow people to transfer, than leave a hundred or so dead servers just floating there.

Funny. If I recall I remember seeing many posts from people complaining about low populations the last couple months and many of those complaint threads had a reply telling them to roll on The Fatman server. Now you want to complain that you are in a que? Take your pick low or no population or a small que? By the way you did not even tell us how long your que time was.

That's exactly what the coming free transfers are all about. I highly doubt Fatman will be on that list of free destinations.