Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone else delete characters when you are defeated?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Does anyone else delete characters when you are defeated?

Highsis
05.13.2012 , 06:32 PM | #1
I did a few times for RP purpose. For me, 'defeats' don't count if I'm doing a WZ, Heroic, FP, and a fall to death. (damn datacron!)

But otherwise if my character is defeated I delete the character and start over. It kinda gives me a thrill for every mundane battle in the game. The highest lv character I deleted was only lvl 17 though, because I try to use every advantage possible before doing any quests, like being 6 levels ahead and using stims.

Does anyone else play by this or alike hardcore rules?

xQuicksilverx
05.13.2012 , 06:34 PM | #2
You know you can quicksave with F11

lpsmash
05.13.2012 , 06:38 PM | #3
Quote:
I did a few times for RP purpose. For me, 'defeats' don't count if I'm doing a WZ, Heroic, FP, and a fall to death. (damn datacron!)
Well, you shouldn't die to anything else (other than some random 50 ganking you while questing).

SuperBoogly
05.13.2012 , 06:43 PM | #4
The only character I've deleted was a 15 Sage and only because I have a 50 Jedi Shadow and really didn't want to do that storyline again lol c'mon the Consular's story sure isn't the best
My Imperial Agent saves his trusty sidearm for those annoying cut-scene NPCs only!

Lord_Ravenhurst
05.13.2012 , 06:44 PM | #5
So YOU are the one responsible for the population decline!?
Gotcha!

terminova
05.13.2012 , 06:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
Well, you shouldn't die to anything else (other than some random 50 ganking you while questing).
If you never challenge yourself and always play it safe, of course you'll never die.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!

CrazedScotsman
05.13.2012 , 06:49 PM | #7
Where can you see how many kills you have or how many times you've died on a character?

I would really like to see my stats, if there are any.
It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission

Sewerus
05.13.2012 , 06:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Highsis View Post

But otherwise if my character is defeated I delete the character and start over. It kinda gives me a thrill for every mundane battle in the game. The highest lv character I deleted was only lvl 17 though, because I try to use every advantage possible before doing any quests, like being 6 levels ahead and using stims.

Does anyone else play by this or alike hardcore rules?
I have leveled one jedi shadow and one jedi sentinel to lvl 50 and haven't died even once when leveling them so no offence but if you die at lvl 17 you really are not that good

Plus it is dumb since if that was a proper rpg you would be able to reload your save game and then it wouldn't be a problem.

This is total waste of time in my opinion.
From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive.

Cerion
05.13.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Nice approach! I've often suggested this to the perma-death crowd, but they never act on it.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.

Darkhosis
05.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #10
Me thinketh you take the roleplay a little too far.

The Gamer Down - Game Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkhosis