Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do Install 2nd swtor game client on same gameing Pc or copy, so can play both?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How do Install 2nd swtor game client on same gameing Pc or copy, so can play both?

Kelryth
12.19.2011 , 05:59 PM | #11
Are you trying to run do accounts at the same time? I'm not sure how that would work but wouldn't that be laggy? Each user has there own account so they can log in with out installing and running multiple instances. I think I herd somewhere that they were not allowing people to twobox the game but im not sure. It could have been another game I'm thinking of.

powerlad
12.19.2011 , 09:19 PM | #12
they do not want duel boxing is my guess

DestyOwn
12.19.2011 , 09:22 PM | #13
how can someone take you seriously with the way you talk, you have grammar of a 5 years old.

Sheena-Tiger
12.19.2011 , 09:47 PM | #14
Putting aside that the grammar is rather horrible... I think I might have realised what Crita wants to do.

Idea 1: He wants to run 2 instances at the same time at the same hardware (for whatever reason I can not think of, as he still would have only one monitor etc.)
Solution: Only solution I can see right away, using a Virtual Machine to emulate another Operating System which has no link to the main System.

Idea 2: He wants to be able to use 2 accounts on the same hardware
Solution: Just register 2 Accounts with the linked keys and then log in with the account-credentials needed to log in.

Anyway... I hardly realise why someone buys 2 Versions of a game if he can install it on more then one machine and simply log in with his account as the account is not tied to the used hardware.

haXwk
12.19.2011 , 09:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheena-Tiger View Post
Anyway... I hardly realise why someone buys 2 Versions of a game if he can install it on more then one machine and simply log in with his account as the account is not tied to the used hardware.
I doubt you can log into the same account twice. Hence buying two copies.

And a virtual machine is the only way that I can think of to work around this but still use the same hardware

Sheena-Tiger
12.19.2011 , 10:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by haXwk View Post
I doubt you can log into the same account twice. Hence buying two copies.

And a virtual machine is the only way that I can think of to work around this but still use the same hardware
You can not, just to test it against better knowledge, I tried in the beta and later after creating my first twink so I could try to befriend them to make it more easy to send mails between them. As I suspected... it was not possible

Still I personally wonder what I should do with 2 paid accounts... Remembering/noting down the names of my twinks and just log back and forth works quite well while I send materials/blueprints/produced items/... from one to the other. No need to spend money on a second account just to do that ^^ Especially a CE

AramakEffect
12.19.2011 , 10:14 PM | #17
It's amazing with all the "amazeing komputars" that you have, and all the MMO's you have "pwnd 3l1t3 no0bz" with, that you have not learned how to type, or clearly communicate a thought.

That aside, at this time it seems you cannot dual-box TOR.

And since even with all those "3l1t3 komputars and 6o inCh l3Dz", you also cannot google, Allow me...

Kaosbain
12.19.2011 , 10:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheena-Tiger View Post
You can not, just to test it against better knowledge, I tried in the beta and later after creating my first twink so I could try to befriend them to make it more easy to send mails between them. As I suspected... it was not possible

Still I personally wonder what I should do with 2 paid accounts... Remembering/noting down the names of my twinks and just log back and forth works quite well while I send materials/blueprints/produced items/... from one to the other. No need to spend money on a second account just to do that ^^ Especially a CE
I have 2boxed since Everquest and did so in Everquest 2. I run two accounts on one machine. This lets me fill multiple roles in a group when we are missing enough people to fill a group or if I want to just solo, gives me better survivability. 2boxing is not hard, just takes a little coordination and is a lot of fun. I like playing two characters at the same time. I do not use macros and I do not use bots, as that would make the game not fun. I just want to be able to play SWTOR like I've played my previous MMOs. It's not for everyone, as many people don't like playing this way, but for some like me, it's very enjoyable and worth the extra expense of paying for two accounts. It's just a different way to play MMOs.
My trooper goes... Commando!

Hochachacha!!!

nielc
12.19.2011 , 11:34 PM | #19
I would be happy if i could get 1 client running, all that, i must have tried to get it to install over 30 times, no success, i tried every method on these forums.