Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do Install 2nd swtor game client on same gameing Pc or copy, so can play both?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How do Install 2nd swtor game client on same gameing Pc or copy, so can play both?

CritasStorm
12.18.2011 , 12:35 AM | #1
How can you install or copy 2nd version of swtor to my desktop pc its 5k pc on 60 inch led, desktop, and wanna run 2 instances of swtor bought 2nd CE and of course my gameing laptop broke so have to wait 3 monthes to spend anotheer 2k to get new one for gameing laptop.

Bottom line is how can copy my swtor entire game client file from C drive solid state to D drive sata 2 or how do install from discs or download game to D drive so can load 2 games at same time.

i have 24 gigs of ddr5 , 3 Nvidia 595 Gtx cards 3 gig each, solid state drives, 2 sata 2, 2 blue ray burners, Six core I-7 Extreme overclocked to 5.6 gig hz , Liquid cooled so could run in windows 2 games on ultra but when try to install says have game already help please?

CritasStorm
12.18.2011 , 12:37 AM | #2
Can someone Help me, would just copy file but think swtor copies to bunch of places so, when try to install it from discs says already have it? help please?

Lagernale
12.18.2011 , 12:42 AM | #3
If it's like Wow, you need to have 2 purchased keys, each with seperate passwords. Then just start start the game normally with each password from the same game client.

CritasStorm
12.18.2011 , 12:50 AM | #4
i have 2 keys, and played wow, eq 1, eq 2, vanguard, daoc, UO, aoc, star wars galaxies,dc online, rift, lotr lifetime sub, ddo etc, and normally can start same client then put in your password and load both but some games like aoc require same pc 2 clients on 2 differnt drives to run, so are sure can be on same drive for swtor with my specs playing in windowed even with aa and ani set to 16 in ini file game will run max fps on both games.

please let me know you mean , install of game can be same drive?

CritasStorm
12.18.2011 , 12:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lagernale View Post
If it's like Wow, you need to have 2 purchased keys, each with seperate passwords. Then just start start the game normally with each password from the same game client.
that doesnt work, just tried it some mmos that works, others like aoc, need 2 game clients on 2 harddrives to launch.

When try to load 2nd game type in password it trys to launch, but get message you already running swtor do wish to close this application, yes or no and select no then it does nothing doesnt let me hit play anyone have idea?

Im guessing need to get game on 2nd hardrive to run 2 games on same pc like some mmps but same issue discs wont install says already have game and then asks me if wanna uninstall game so can reinstall on 2nd new hard drive help please:?

CritasStorm
12.18.2011 , 03:24 AM | #6
Can someone from Bioware tell me how to fix this or someone else with 2 accounts wants to run on same machine on 60 inch led?

please help

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 03:25 AM | #7
Currently you can only run one client at a time.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Kaosbain
12.19.2011 , 05:50 PM | #8
I would really like an official response from Bioware regarding this. I would hate them to promote using some third party program just to be able to run two clients on one computer.
My trooper goes... Commando!

Hochachacha!!!

haXwk
12.19.2011 , 05:52 PM | #9
Try using a virtual machine

CritasStorm
12.19.2011 , 05:58 PM | #10
has it been asked do they have ETA of when you be to run accounts on same Super gaming Custom Desktop on 60 inch Leds, with 2 paid for CEs and 2 subs set up my Machine would get in windowed mode like 100 fps still with everything on running 2 accounts at same time, all mmos can do this if have high end enough Pc like said my setting would be set to Ultra, with in Ini ani set to 16 and AA set to 8, still 100 fps for both, paid for 2 CeEs copies planed on boxing like do in all mmos both accounts, dont use macros just do it, certain things cant do it, can only play one like raids but for most part to level up 2 at time on each account or duo with your companions its not hard.

As posted my gameing laptop fried , it was high end or normally run 2 game clients on 2 computers my super desktop i built, and super laptop but laptop died and have such overskill suytem till buy new gameing laptop it be like 3 monthes, now have 159$ and 159$ for 2 CES wanted to use and do years sub on both but since laptop died, forwhatever stupid reason this game wont let you run or install on another hard drive or solid state drive the game like aoc makes you so can box on that game on 1 pc , seems stupid to me alot of old mmo vets box for eq 1, eq 2, vanguard, lotr, wow, daoc,aoc etc they could be selling extra boxes and subs tons for people that like to do it.

So any Clue bioware since wont have new gameing laptop for 3 monthes cause i buy 3k 1, so have to save, how soon before can use both CES paid for and sub on both for 1 year till get new gameing laptop on my desktop?