Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware,Why do you hate the exile?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dear Bioware,Why do you hate the exile?

Vektarulz
05.13.2012 , 08:37 AM | #1
I was watching your galactic history videos and you dont even mention Meetra Surik in the Mandlorian war video or the galactic civil war video,in Kotor 2 she accomplishes many things that are extremely significant and i can understand not mentioning any of the events of the book with her and Revan that's fine but why completely shut her out entirely

She saved everyone from Darth Kreia,Sion and Nihilus and played a crucial role in restoring the Jedi order
you put her in the game as a ghost with a few lines but its as if you don't even remember you made Kotor 2

Scourge,who wouldn't exist without the book plays a significant role yet the person that makes him significant doesn't? i mean whats the deal devs? is it because kotor 2 dident sell very well? Honestly i liked 2 better than 1 meetra is a very believable character struggling with what side she should be on it was really brilliant
doing crap like this is like if they remade the Starwars films and left obiwan out

Im prepared for the 1000 troll response's REVAN BETTER,EXILE STUPID,FANBOY ARGUMENT whatever,im just wondering was there a point to leaven her out so much
Elite Warlord, Founder, ╦xile - Shadowlands
http://www.swtor.com/r/WHBvNr

Keihryon
05.13.2012 , 08:39 AM | #2
Probably because she wasn't "their" character. She was Obsidian's.

Vektarulz
05.13.2012 , 08:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Keihryon View Post
Probably because she wasn't "their" character. She was Obsidian's.
Scourge would not exist without that book though :P

Valperion
05.13.2012 , 08:42 AM | #4
Because the exile belong to a different company?
* It would cost money to license material from another company as-well.
* Then again why bother, if the game is based off more from "kotor1".
* kotor2 lore was pretty much saying "revan is gone to a far away place" for over a 100 times.
i»i▀▀ V. A. L. ▀▀▀▀i»i‾δ‾‾Pך██████████▓▒░Loyal Servant of the Sith Empire░▒▓██████████ị

HKDeath
05.13.2012 , 08:42 AM | #5
It's because KOTOR 2 wasn't made by Bioware.

The game needs more Kreia.

Wolfninjajedi
05.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #6
Because she wasn't their character, they didn't make the game so nothing of Kotor 2 is theirs. They may have a few small reference elements in the game, but they can't really use what isn't theirs to begin with.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Vektarulz
05.13.2012 , 08:45 AM | #7
YET..they base info off a book,that has the exile and revan in it...so they use that lore meaning they have the rights to it anyway...

Rayla_Felana
05.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #8
I would agree with the excuse that she wasn't BioWare's or indeed Drew's character, but whenever you introduce that character in one of your workings, you should not practically rewrite the character and remove that character's previously established importance in favour of your own works.

There is only one other author who committed Character homicide 101 in the Star Wars EU and we all know her name, she is heckled as well.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
YET..they base info off a book,that has the exile and revan in it...so they use that lore meaning they have the rights to it anyway...
They have the rights, but not the muse. If they tried to write for the Exile, it'd just be....wrong. It's like watching Tim Burton makes a Care Bears movie. It's just not them.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Rayla_Felana
05.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
They have the rights, but not the muse. If they tried to write for the Exile, it'd just be....wrong. It's like watching Tim Burton makes a Care Bears movie. It's just not them.
Didn't stop them from killing her off to have an excuse to put their baby Revan in this game.