Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please clarify rules for Infernal title

Carba
05.13.2012 , 04:37 AM | #1
We completed EV hardmode in under 2 hours last night. This is confirmed by combat logs, screenshots and Fraps. Although all the mobs were awarded to me for quests, I did not get the title, nor did several other group members. You can track your status by a buff showing the time remaining. It's a good idea to take a screen shot of that tooltip when you start. Our group members started losing the buff about half way through. By the end, all the buffs showing time remaining were gone, although there was still a good ten minutes remaining.

Please clarify how the starting and ending times are calculated. Are they the same for each group member? Is there some silent rule disqualifying some group members partially completed but not all group members. Is the ending time when SOA dies or when you exit EV? Is it the same time for everyone? What causes the timer buff to disappear for some but not all group members?

As an aside, you have in other posts suggested to contact customer service. I did, and their response was to contradict me and state it was not completed in two hours without bothering to ask for the combat logs and screenshots. The evidence clearing proves it was completed in under two hours. Either you have silent disqualification rules or the title system is not working as intended.

Crixaliss
05.13.2012 , 04:43 AM | #2
Isn't the infernal title awarded for nightmare, not hard mode?

djdee
05.13.2012 , 04:47 AM | #3
We also saw that the buff disappeared from those members who died on a boss. I, as ops leader always retained my timed run buff. The party members who lost their buff did get it back either upon re-entering the instance or when getting the first hit on the next boss. Although I noticed that there was a time difference of a few minutes between those who got the buff re-applied and me we did manage to get the title without problems.

We only had a few wipes at the first boss (don't ask me why.... it's embarassing, I know - could have sworn the STORM protocol phase starts before the droid's audio cue and the hits are landing much faster now). The rest was a breeze and we oneshotted the remaining bosses. We didn't have to reset the instance either because of some obscure bug. It feels almost bug free now. Especially SOA.

If you haven't done so already, just have every member on the team send a CSR request to grant the title. They should be able to see it in their logs if you don't wait too long until you report it. From what I have been hearing they usually do grant the title if it is verifiable and reported quickly.
See ya on the chronostream, time jockey!
Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
You can use my referral link for a preferred friend bundle if you want to try SWTOR out.

djdee
05.13.2012 , 04:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Crixaliss View Post
Hehe, my eyes went right past that... good catch. Yes, only Nightmare.

We fell for that once, too

Edit: wait, does the timed run buff even show up when you enter EV on hard mode?
See ya on the chronostream, time jockey!
Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
You can use my referral link for a preferred friend bundle if you want to try SWTOR out.

bigheadbrandon
05.13.2012 , 05:48 AM | #5
wana add in that if your timed run buff disappears and you legitimately earned the title you can /bug it and they'll grant you the title

Happened to us on our KP title run.

Snakeyees
05.13.2012 , 08:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by djdee View Post
Hehe, my eyes went right past that... good catch. Yes, only Nightmare.

We fell for that once, too

Edit: wait, does the timed run buff even show up when you enter EV on hard mode?

that time buff also appears in normal mode but you don't get the title as others have said its only granted in nightmare mode.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

Flain
05.13.2012 , 10:08 AM | #7
The buff should only appear in Nightmare mode and you have total of 2hrs to complete the ops. My guild did it a few nights ago and this bug also occurred. I raised a ticket and a day or two later I got my title. So raise a ticket and they should investigate it and resolve it as soon as possible.

PhoenixMatrix
05.13.2012 , 11:46 AM | #8
The buff right now appears even in normal mode (lol), but you only get the title for nightmare. We got the Infernal Title this week in nightmare from it. You get the buff the moment you start the first boss fight. If you kill Soa before it runs out, you get the title even if you weren't present for some of the boss fights (we did one of the boss 7 man due to a d/c and the person was not there for Gnarj, yet still got the title).

TheRealCandyMan
05.13.2012 , 11:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Crixaliss View Post
This. It's a bug that people are getting the debuff in hardmode. It's just a graphical bug though so no harm is really done.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Carba
05.14.2012 , 09:03 PM | #10
I don't give a bye to commercial enterprises that make false promises. I got the buff, there was no statement at all that it was for Nightmare only. Just some vague explanations after the fact that their programmers and designers can't talk to each other. much less QC.