Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Trying to upgrade from digi standard to digi deluxe, error NU2021

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Trying to upgrade from digi standard to digi deluxe, error NU2021

gtox's Avatar


gtox
12.18.2011 , 12:16 AM | #1
Title says it all. I am trying to upgrade from Digital Standard to Digital Deluxe, but every time that I go to make the purchase, on the "receipt" page, it gives me an NU2021 error.

This is in Firefox btw. I also tried to purchase in IE, but received the same error.

"An error occurred while processing your request. If you canceled your purchase at the third party payment website, this error is expected. Code: NU2021 "
═══╪╣ RAGE ╠╪═══
Mature | Military friendly | Social | Empire Guild
RP-PvE Server | EST | Quest | Crew Skills | Flashpoints | Operations | PvP
Guild HQ | About Us | Forums | Website

gtox's Avatar


gtox
12.18.2011 , 11:59 PM | #2
*Update* My account was charged four times for this purchase, but there is no indication of upgrade on my swtor account.
═══╪╣ RAGE ╠╪═══
Mature | Military friendly | Social | Empire Guild
RP-PvE Server | EST | Quest | Crew Skills | Flashpoints | Operations | PvP
Guild HQ | About Us | Forums | Website

xkorganx's Avatar


xkorganx
01.05.2012 , 10:11 AM | #3
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a solution to this as it just happened to me. Sadly, I hit that darn button to pay on two different cards twice each! Hopefully customer service knows about this problem.

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
01.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4
You need to contact the retailer you ordered from. It isnt Biowares problem.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Aieny's Avatar


Aieny
01.05.2012 , 10:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gtox View Post
*Update* My account was charged four times for this purchase, but there is no indication of upgrade on my swtor account.
Those "charges" are actually just temporary holds placed on the funds by the bank. Because your account has not been upgraded, you haven't actually purchased the upgrade (due to the error) and those funds will be released by the bank in a few days. Those "charges" are known as pre-authorizations and are used to verify that the funds are actually available in the account prior to making a purchase. You need not worry that you will lose $80+ on a failed attempt to upgrade your account.

My suggestion would be to try alternative payment methods if you have any available, wait a week or two before trying again, and/or calling the bank to ask them why the payment is failing. It could well be an error on BioWare's side, but since the upgrade has not been applied, you will not be charged (those pre-authorizations will "fall off" your account and the money will be again available).

gtox's Avatar


gtox
01.06.2012 , 08:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
Those "charges" are actually just temporary holds placed on the funds by the bank. Because your account has not been upgraded, you haven't actually purchased the upgrade (due to the error) and those funds will be released by the bank in a few days. Those "charges" are known as pre-authorizations and are used to verify that the funds are actually available in the account prior to making a purchase. You need not worry that you will lose $80+ on a failed attempt to upgrade your account.

My suggestion would be to try alternative payment methods if you have any available, wait a week or two before trying again, and/or calling the bank to ask them why the payment is failing. It could well be an error on BioWare's side, but since the upgrade has not been applied, you will not be charged (those pre-authorizations will "fall off" your account and the money will be again available).
Yes, I know all of this. The point is mentioning it was for accountability. It happened, therefore I mentioned it for any customer support who might be reading (though that seems very unlikely now).

The pending charges were dropped, of course, and I upgraded the account using my paypal account a few days after the initial problem.
═══╪╣ RAGE ╠╪═══
Mature | Military friendly | Social | Empire Guild
RP-PvE Server | EST | Quest | Crew Skills | Flashpoints | Operations | PvP
Guild HQ | About Us | Forums | Website

gtox's Avatar


gtox
01.06.2012 , 08:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
You need to contact the retailer you ordered from. It isnt Biowares problem.

It was all done through the bioware official site account management, so I have no idea what you are thinking of.

It isn't even possible to upgrade your account through a retailer.
═══╪╣ RAGE ╠╪═══
Mature | Military friendly | Social | Empire Guild
RP-PvE Server | EST | Quest | Crew Skills | Flashpoints | Operations | PvP
Guild HQ | About Us | Forums | Website

gtox's Avatar


gtox
01.06.2012 , 08:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xkorganx View Post
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a solution to this as it just happened to me. Sadly, I hit that darn button to pay on two different cards twice each! Hopefully customer service knows about this problem.
No solution. Just wait a few days and try again. As said before, the charges will be pending, but they will not post.

I guess another option might be to call Bioware yourself and have them manually upgrade it.
═══╪╣ RAGE ╠╪═══
Mature | Military friendly | Social | Empire Guild
RP-PvE Server | EST | Quest | Crew Skills | Flashpoints | Operations | PvP
Guild HQ | About Us | Forums | Website

Christyana's Avatar


Christyana
03.27.2013 , 07:40 PM | #9
This Error code also comes up when you purchase Cartel coins. I would like my Cartel Coin purchase and hopefully compensated for the inconvenience by adding extra coins or charging me half price for this failure. Sense theirs also be NO response from any SWTOR customer service representative.

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
04.23.2013 , 08:12 PM | #10
having this problem too. whats the problem BW?