Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Point of Qui-Gon Jinn

Captain_Zone
05.21.2012 , 02:38 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Why? Why couldn't he be 10-11? Can you tell me any difference between the 8-9 years old and 10-11 years old? Just like you never explained you got Padme's age except saying she was acting like 13. She was acting more mature than her real age.

Yeah, you can say it now, after tons of EU had been released.
The character of Anakin Skywalker was listed as 9 years old in The Phantom Menace. That is according to the screenplay, novelization, and if I remember right, it was even mentioned in the movie itself. Been forever since I've seen it, though. I try to avoid it now due to the fact that Jar Jar Binks kills braincells if heard for more than 4 seconds at a time.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Slowpokeking
05.21.2012 , 02:41 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
The character of Anakin Skywalker was listed as 9 years old in The Phantom Menace. That is according to the screenplay, novelization, and if I remember right, it was even mentioned in the movie itself. Been forever since I've seen it, though. I try to avoid it now due to the fact that Jar Jar Binks kills braincells if heard for more than 4 seconds at a time.
Yeah I know the screenplay and the novel listed it, but cannot remember did the movie state it since this guy refuse to accept any EU.

RDeanOU
05.21.2012 , 11:22 PM | #273
Why? Why couldn't he be 10-11? Can you tell me any difference between the 8-9 years old and 10-11 years old? Just like you never explained you got Padme's age except saying she was acting like 13. She was acting more mature than her real age.

Yeah, you can say it now, after tons of EU had been released.
Please tell me, what part of EP I's Anakin showed that he was 8-9 rather than 10-11? Show me your subtlety.
Have you ever spent time around children? I work with kids this age (6-11 year olds) every week and there is an enormous difference in maturity between kids in these age groups. The ways they talk and the things they talk about...just the way they act is very different. I'm not exactly sure how I can quantify it for you. This is one of those things that you just know it when you see it. The fact is that I guessed accurately how old both Padme and Anakin were and I hadn't read any of the EU material that stated it. I gathered that only from what I saw in the movies in how their characters were portrayed.

Do you think I am amazing at guessing or do you think that maybe those characters were intentionally portrayed as those ages and I (and pretty much everyone I know) picked up on that portrayal?