Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Point of Qui-Gon Jinn

Aurbere
05.12.2012 , 05:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by chiefdano View Post
Prequels were great. Great story

stop drinking the Koolaid
This guy is right. The PT had great story elements and some great action. the romance and dialogue wasn't the greatest but I don't care. So long as there were droids to dismantle and Sith to butt-kick, I'm fine.
Added Chapter 49 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

chiefdano
05.12.2012 , 05:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
This guy is right. The PT had great story elements and some great action. the romance and dialogue wasn't the greatest but I don't care. So long as there were droids to dismantle and Sith to butt-kick, I'm fine.
Pretty much. The story, and the purpose, of the movies was to fill in Vader's rise. They nailed it and the visuals were great, which doesnt hurt. Some dingle berry posted a YouTube video of his critique and now everyone is like "OMFUG! I have to be cool like this dude and jump on the hating bandwagon!!!"""

Love stories always suck but such is life these days.
Graf - Republic of OT Guild Leader and lead trash talker
Hedarr Soongh

Darth_Solrac
05.12.2012 , 05:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Qui-Gon's combat form was next to useless in such tight quarters. he did what he could against Maul, but I think he knew his number was up and just had to hold him off so Obi-Wan could be ready to finish him. But I don't think Qui-Gon's strong suit was fighting. He was more of a guiding hand, following the will of the Force.

Liam Neeson played his role well in my opinion.
What style was he? I had em pegged for Shien, or Shi Cho. Any Jedi Master, or Knight for that matter should be exceptionally skilled with a lightsaber. Yoda was a Counselor fossil, & he was.

Losing to an apprentice is.....hard to live down, or not in Jinn's case.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

chiefdano
05.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
What style was he? I had em pegged for Shien, or Shi Cho. Any Jedi Master, or Knight for that matter should be exceptionally skilled with a lightsaber. Yoda was a Counselor fossil, & he was.

Form 4

Oh and:

Quote:
In addition to his Force powers, Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the finest swordsman in the Jedi Order, having frequent sparring experience with many of his equally skilled contemporaries; notably Mace Windu. Indeed it was said that he was the only Jedi apart from his own Master, Dooku and Grand Master Yoda, who was able to fight Windu as an equal. Jinn was a master of the fourth form of lightsaber combat, Ataru. In combat, his bladework was wide and powerful, marked by heavy, two-handed slashes, and sudden flourishes to cover his flanks. Jinn's mastery of Ataru allowed him to easily defeat blaster wielding opponents despite the forms weakness to blaster fire.[4] Rather than focus on an overall strategy, Jinn prefered to adjust his technique based on the needs of the moment.[62]
Hedarr Soongh

Aurbere
05.12.2012 , 05:25 PM | #15
Pretty much. The story, and the purpose, of the movies was to fill in Vader's rise. They nailed it and the visuals were great, which doesnt hurt. Some dingle berry posted a YouTube video of his critique and now everyone is like "OMFUG! I have to be cool like this dude and jump on the hating bandwagon!!!"""

Love stories always suck but such is life these days.
Yeah, I think the PT was great. I loved the action. I do think Grievous was too cowardly, but that's what Lucas was going for I guess.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
05.12.2012 , 05:26 PM | #16

Ataru form, which requires open space. And no Jedi had faced a Sith in this era. After Qui Gon was killed, the Jedi knew that the Sith were back and started training.

Darth_Solrac
05.12.2012 , 05:26 PM | #17
Form 4

Oh and:
The Jedi Order then was weaker than I thought. Being killed by an apprentice just makes it hard to remember him seriously.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

chiefdano
05.12.2012 , 05:28 PM | #18
The Jedi Order then was weaker than I thought. Being killed by an apprentice just makes it hard to remember him seriously.
Apprentice in the rule of two isnt the same as a Jedi apprentice

Maul was a Dark Lord of the Sith, pretty bad azz in regards to fighting and force use.
Hedarr Soongh

ToEasy
05.12.2012 , 05:30 PM | #19
Well form 4 requires much acrobatics and him being quite old makes using form 4 kind of weak. Plus Maul was younger and in his prime while Qui-gon was past his prime.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Velaran
05.12.2012 , 05:31 PM | #20
Koolaid
Hey, there were parts of the Prequels I liked. The overall story was made sensable by the EU. The actors were all pretty good. The action was okay, even if some of the moves in the lightsaber duels were repetitive.

The problem was the dialogue. Every single time someone opened their mouth they spewed stupidity, and the actions of many people just didn't make any sense.