Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

ProfessorWalsh's Avatar


ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 02:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Marauders- The game is balanced now.


Gee, I wonder why marauders and sins all think the game is balanced, hmm, what could the reason possibly be?

I agree- now that I've got my marauder to max, the game is pretty balanced- balance is when I can win every 2v1 while using only half my CDs right? When most classes can't get me below 70% before I kill them right? That sounds like balance to me.
If you are winning 2v1's with only half of your CD's then you are playing against bad players. Come to Lord Adraas, I promise you that you won't get away with that. Most 1v1's here as a Sent or a Mara you are having to use every CD to win a 1v1 against anyone of equal gear.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Mayams's Avatar


Mayams
05.12.2012 , 02:21 PM | #22
I really don't have a dog in this fight but one comment just caught my eye as one of the most ludicrous I've seen here. I sincerely hope it was meant as an exaggertion for effect and a joke but these days you never know.

Best team used to be 8 healers, or 4 tanks / 4 healers?

If this was meant seriously, just take a few seconds and imagine these teams meeting in battle.

"So um... anyone wanna take a swing?"
"Really? What's the point? You see those piles of armor standing next to every guy wearing the sack cloth robes?"

"Should we try and cap?"
"I've been trying for 8 minutes already. That guy wearing the potato sack flicks a pebble at me every time and messes me up then you 7 idiots spam heal me for 45 seconds... *sigh*"

More on topic, it all seems pretty simple to me. Tanks aren't supposed to do much DPS, so you give them abilities to reduce incoming DPS and slow down the march. Healers aren't suppose to do much DPS, so you give them CC and tricks to duck it and keep healing. DPS is supposed to do a lot of DPS (wait for it...) and figure out how to thwart the efforts of the above two roles. As mouse traps go this one always seemed to do the job, short of a stroke of genius I think we could have stopped designing 'em here.

Or alternatively, we can make DPS the only worthwhile function on the battle field and give everyone an avenue to be able to pile drive everyone else through the floor with blinding speed. I suppose in some fashion that's "balanced" too?

It seems to me they've forsaken option 1 in pursuit of opt. 2 in this game. Not sure we're all diggin it.
If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we should know the mind of God.

Serpieri's Avatar


Serpieri
05.12.2012 , 02:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Again, address the problem that before 1.2 there was no reason to play anything other than a class that could heal. You were either a healer, a hybrid healer, or a detriment to your team.
Are you saying people had a hard time killing healers previous to 1.2? Never had a problem killing one with my Marauder and none of my guildies had a problem doing it with their powertechs/assassins or operatives. Are you calling these classes’ detriments? Seriously?

allexj's Avatar


allexj
05.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #24
ok i am a tanksin....and i got stuck in champ and cent amour around 1.2 live date....and it has been a ***** in pvp...now im know im not that good at pvp but go it was not untell i got 780 expertise did i start to see a diffrance in pvp...its still hard but like before...and i know that people dont like our TK thro with harnessed shadows but we really dont have anymore damaging ability then that. Yes we do have back stab but it only dose 2k max iv ever seen (in tank gear) with buffs pop'ed but it requires me to be behind them..which is a pain in the *** in this game...lol
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

ProfessorWalsh's Avatar


ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mayams View Post
I really don't have a dog in this fight but one comment just caught my eye as one of the most ludicrous I've seen here. I sincerely hope it was meant as an exaggertion for effect and a joke but these days you never know.

Best team used to be 8 healers, or 4 tanks / 4 healers?
Quite seriously. On Lord Adraas it was becoming very common.

Quote:
If this was meant seriously, just take a few seconds and imagine these teams meeting in battle.

"So um... anyone wanna take a swing?"
"Really? What's the point? You see those piles of armor standing next to every guy wearing the sack cloth robes?"

"Should we try and cap?"
"I've been trying for 8 minutes already. That guy wearing the potato sack flicks a pebble at me every time and messes me up then you 7 idiots spam heal me for 45 seconds... *sigh*"
Yeah.

Only since those classes also had lots of CC it was more like:

"CC Them! CC them so we can cap! Can't! Dotted! (at the time DoT's interrupted capping)"

Quote:
It seems to me they've forsaken option 1 in pursuit of opt. 2 in this game. Not sure we're all diggin it.
There are more roles in the current game than DPS. Tanks have a purpose in 1.2 as do healers, it was before 1.2 that Tanks had no purpose and DPS were marginalized.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

ProfessorWalsh's Avatar


ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 02:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Are you saying people had a hard time killing healers previous to 1.2? Never had a problem killing one with my Marauder and none of my guildies had a problem doing it with their powertechs/assassins or operatives. Are you calling these classes’ detriments? Seriously?
You don't need to post a falsehood to support your point. A lone healer could heal through almost any single DPS class in pre 1.2 if you couldn't then you were a bad healer. Don't you remember the video that was up that showed a full BM Sentinel (Combat spec) wailing on a lone Bounty Hunter who was /dancing and overhealing them? Yeah because good healers could heal through any one DPS class. The only way you and your guildies were doing that is if you were jumping the healers 2v1 or stun-locking them.

Also, yeah, they were detriments because if they were all healers instead the enemy team couldn't have killed a single person.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Serpieri's Avatar


Serpieri
05.12.2012 , 02:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
You don't need to post a falsehood to support your point. A lone healer could heal through almost any single DPS class in pre 1.2 if you couldn't then you were a bad healer. Don't you remember the video that was up that showed a full BM Sentinel (Combat spec) wailing on a lone Bounty Hunter who was /dancing and overhealing them? Yeah because good healers could heal through any one DPS class. The only way you and your guildies were doing that is if you were jumping the healers 2v1 or stun-locking them.

Also, yeah, they were detriments because if they were all healers instead the enemy team couldn't have killed a single person.
If your looking for people spouting falsehoods, I suggest you look in the mirror.

Mayams's Avatar


Mayams
05.12.2012 , 02:34 PM | #28
Which brings up another point, too much CC. Every class shouldn't be poopin off CC like this.

I played a SS VG, felt like I had a point before, at the very least go defend and keep gaurd up while taunting. Especially with 1 other person we could keep multiples off a cap with plenty of time to spare for back up to arrive. Now in tank spec and gear I feel like I get smeared across the field like a bug, well short of having a couple team mates and everyone popping off CC like fireworks on the 4th of July.
If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we should know the mind of God.

syntxerr's Avatar


syntxerr
05.12.2012 , 02:34 PM | #29
Oh dear, incredible how some people actually consider it balanced now that Healers are nerfed to the ground. Wouldn't even wonder if it was actually Maras/Assassins/Powertechs talking.

The game has never been such a disaster as it is right now.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
05.12.2012 , 02:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
You don't need to post a falsehood to support your point. A lone healer could heal through almost any single DPS class in pre 1.2 if you couldn't then you were a bad healer. Don't you remember the video that was up that showed a full BM Sentinel (Combat spec) wailing on a lone Bounty Hunter who was /dancing and overhealing them? Yeah because good healers could heal through any one DPS class. The only way you and your guildies were doing that is if you were jumping the healers 2v1 or stun-locking them.

Also, yeah, they were detriments because if they were all healers instead the enemy team couldn't have killed a single person.
Ironic that you call other people liars so easily- a lone marauder could kill any single healer in pre 1.2, if you couldn't you were a bad marauder.

Not hard to say it is it- only difference is you're as full of it as you've always been. Killing a healer has never been a challenge- it's now a cakewalk, you don't even have to do things like focus them or use CC/interrupts wisely- you can just kill them.