PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

Hallowtip

seems to me like all bio had to do was add content and make some small tweaks to some class's but they went with the big tweaks and now PvP seems more imbalanced than pre 1.2 i actually didnt think the balance was so bad pre 1.2 thats just me tho maybe im wrong. Edited by Hallowtip

seems to me like all bio had to do was add content and make some small tweaks to some class's but they went with the big tweaks and now PvP seems more imbalanced than pre 1.2 i actually didnt think the balance was so bad pre 1.2 thats just me tho maybe im wrong.

PVP balance is the worse it has ever been to date.

PvP balance is actually the best it's ever been. Mostly FOTM kids are mad they got nerfed.

OPs needed it, mercs needed it, healers needed it. Now if we can just get a few adjustments to marauder and tankasin we'll be good to go. I have a full balance wishlist here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=451415

Edited by Ahhmyface

On Fatman - Full War Hero gear and most of the accessories, 90 valor, Sorc dps

I'm the highest in kills, highest in damage, and highest in medals of almost every game.

I can still say that pvp is terribly unbalanced.

Edited by BarabbasSiley

I think its the most balanced its ever been.

Tank assassins could be toned down a little, undying rage can be shorted a bit for maras, and PT damage could maybe get adjusted, but its nothing like the gamne at launch, where any monkey could do top damage on an arsenal merc Operative killed everyone in one stun, and healers could face tank 2+ dps on them.

seems to me like all bio had to do was add content and make some small tweaks to some class's but they went with the big tweaks and now PvP seems more imbalanced than pre 1.2 i actually didnt think the balance was so bad pre 1.2 thats just me tho maybe im wrong.

yeah, its SWG all over again, for me.

the game's been out for awhile, people have learned to play their classes. but, instead of creating content and community, they think tinkering with already balanced classes (pre 1.2) is the best choice.

don't be surprised in 6 months if you have nothing to do except WZ for overpriced gear, to keep you busy while BW rushes to put some form of content in to stop the bleeding and severe population decrease. i.e. SWG. let's call it a "legacy system". half assed, underwhelming rewards, ultimate timesink.

i've said it before, i'll say it again. STOP nerfs. STOP "forum whine adjusting" classes to fit your "matrix sheet".

add WZ's, OW PvP, shared locations for community building, CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT. not watered down time sinks and "coming soons".

i promised myself i would give this game a year. i love SW and i really enjoy the gameplay...it is AWESOME. best MMO out for me.

but, without community and content, it sucks.

Edited by T-Assassin

I fixed that for you.

In all seriousness... Balance is better now than it was, or arguably it hasn't changed, it is only now DPS on top instead of Healers on top.

And some dps are STILL COMPLAINING about stuf. Looks like that healer nerf hurt you more then it should have lol. If you had healers that would work TTK wouldnt be so bad now would it. Instead you dps *****ed an moaned.

And some dps are STILL COMPLAINING about stuf. Looks like that healer nerf hurt you more then it should have lol. If you had healers that would work TTK wouldnt be so bad now would it. Instead you dps *****ed an moaned.

Yes, we are still complaining. Mostly because the healers haven't bounced back yet and realized that just because they aren't Gods of 1v1 and just because a DPS can actually kill them through their heals that they aren't useless by any stretch. Games are still won or lost based on healing it is just more fair now.

See, yes, DPS are "top dog" of 1v1.

DPS are not "top dog" of Warzones.

Warzones are won by DPS, Tanks, and Healers working in tandem.

Want to see scary?

4 DPS classes

2 Tanks (guarding healers)

2 Healers

That fixes the TTK issue and makes those DPS classes feel like they are contributing. Unlike before the best Warzone team was:

8 Healers

or

4 Healers, 4 Tanks

Because in pre 1.2 you didn't need DPS or Tanks because Healers nullified both of their jobs.

Balance is a joke atm - You need to be a Marauder/Sentinal, PowerTech/Vanguard, Healing Scoundrel/Operative, or Assassin to enjoy it. The rest are mediocre and free kills.

P.S. Range in this game is an illusion.

Edited by Serpieri

Balance is a joke atm - You need to be a Marauder/Sentinal, PowerTech/Vanguard, Healing Scoundrel/Operative, or Assassin to enjoy it. The rest are mediocre and free kills.

You do know that you just named 4 of 8 classes in your own post... Also we know that Juggernauts and Guardians both have PVP viable specs and there is also a PVP viable spec for Sorcerers and Sages. Commandos are still high in demand as well, as are their Enforcer counterparts.

So far every class has a PVP spec... That is very much balanced.

Much better than pre 1.2 where if you weren't a healer you were a detriment.

No they aren't. Even if they were that wouldn't be a problem as this is a STAR WARS game.

People keep forgetting Star Wars usually revolves around Jedi and Sith for a reason.

Yeah but in an MMO things like lore and logic need to give way to balance.

Sure in the movies a jedi is goign to ape a strom trooper. But for a game to be playable the storm trooper needs to have a chance.

I was playing a space MMo before thisd, and all the guys who flew the capital ships always cried wehn i smoked them in my fighter, because their huge ship "shouldnt even take damage from those tiny guns". If that was the case though there would be no variety.

You do know that you just named 4 of 8 classes in your own post... Also we know that Juggernauts and Guardians both have PVP viable specs and there is also a PVP viable spec for Sorcerers and Sages. Commandos are still high in demand as well, as are their Enforcer counterparts.

So far every class has a PVP spec... That is very much balanced.

Much better than pre 1.2 where if you weren't a healer you were a detriment.

Not even close.

This forces people to play specific classes/specs just to be viable. Mercs/Commandos are the worse class in PVP - literally a free kill - and it’s funny people think Pyro Mercs are mobile – guess they never played one of the above classes mentioned.

Marauders- The game is balanced now.

Gee, I wonder why marauders and sins all think the game is balanced, hmm, what could the reason possibly be?

I agree- now that I've got my marauder to max, the game is pretty balanced- balance is when I can win every 2v1 while using only half my CDs right? When most classes can't get me below 70% before I kill them right? That sounds like balance to me.

Ya, it must be that I'm just amazing at a marauder, and everyone playing a sorc, op and mercenary completely sucks and doesn't know how to play- that's the only logical reason why those classes are complete utter jokes when I face them.

Why do only bad players roll those classes, while only good players roll marauders and sins?

Edited by fungihoujo

Marauders- The game is balanced now.

Gee, I wonder why marauders and sins all think the game is balanced, hmm, what could the reason possibly be?

I agree- now that I've got my marauder to max, the game is pretty balanced- balance is when I can win every 2v1 while using only half my CDs right? When most classes can't get me below 70% before I kill them right? That sounds like balance to me.

If you are winning 2v1's with only half of your CD's then you are playing against bad players. Come to Lord Adraas, I promise you that you won't get away with that. Most 1v1's here as a Sent or a Mara you are having to use every CD to win a 1v1 against anyone of equal gear.

I really don't have a dog in this fight but one comment just caught my eye as one of the most ludicrous I've seen here. I sincerely hope it was meant as an exaggertion for effect and a joke but these days you never know.

Best team used to be 8 healers, or 4 tanks / 4 healers?

If this was meant seriously, just take a few seconds and imagine these teams meeting in battle.

"So um... anyone wanna take a swing?"

"Really? What's the point? You see those piles of armor standing next to every guy wearing the sack cloth robes?"

"Should we try and cap?"

"I've been trying for 8 minutes already. That guy wearing the potato sack flicks a pebble at me every time and messes me up then you 7 idiots spam heal me for 45 seconds... *sigh*"

More on topic, it all seems pretty simple to me. Tanks aren't supposed to do much DPS, so you give them abilities to reduce incoming DPS and slow down the march. Healers aren't suppose to do much DPS, so you give them CC and tricks to duck it and keep healing. DPS is supposed to do a lot of DPS (wait for it...) and figure out how to thwart the efforts of the above two roles. As mouse traps go this one always seemed to do the job, short of a stroke of genius I think we could have stopped designing 'em here.

Or alternatively, we can make DPS the only worthwhile function on the battle field and give everyone an avenue to be able to pile drive everyone else through the floor with blinding speed. I suppose in some fashion that's "balanced" too?

It seems to me they've forsaken option 1 in pursuit of opt. 2 in this game. Not sure we're all diggin it.

Again, address the problem that before 1.2 there was no reason to play anything other than a class that could heal. You were either a healer, a hybrid healer, or a detriment to your team.

Are you saying people had a hard time killing healers previous to 1.2? Never had a problem killing one with my Marauder and none of my guildies had a problem doing it with their powertechs/assassins or operatives. Are you calling these classes’ detriments? Seriously?

Edited by Serpieri

ok i am a tanksin....and i got stuck in champ and cent amour around 1.2 live date....and it has been a ***** in pvp...now im know im not that good at pvp but go it was not untell i got 780 expertise did i start to see a diffrance in pvp...its still hard but like before...and i know that people dont like our TK thro with harnessed shadows but we really dont have anymore damaging ability then that. Yes we do have back stab but it only dose 2k max iv ever seen (in tank gear) with buffs pop'ed but it requires me to be behind them..which is a pain in the *** in this game...lol

I really don't have a dog in this fight but one comment just caught my eye as one of the most ludicrous I've seen here. I sincerely hope it was meant as an exaggertion for effect and a joke but these days you never know.

Best team used to be 8 healers, or 4 tanks / 4 healers?

Quite seriously. On Lord Adraas it was becoming very common.

If this was meant seriously, just take a few seconds and imagine these teams meeting in battle.

"So um... anyone wanna take a swing?"

"Really? What's the point? You see those piles of armor standing next to every guy wearing the sack cloth robes?"

"Should we try and cap?"

"I've been trying for 8 minutes already. That guy wearing the potato sack flicks a pebble at me every time and messes me up then you 7 idiots spam heal me for 45 seconds... *sigh*"

Yeah.

Only since those classes also had lots of CC it was more like:

"CC Them! CC them so we can cap! Can't! Dotted! (at the time DoT's interrupted capping)"

It seems to me they've forsaken option 1 in pursuit of opt. 2 in this game. Not sure we're all diggin it.

There are more roles in the current game than DPS. Tanks have a purpose in 1.2 as do healers, it was before 1.2 that Tanks had no purpose and DPS were marginalized.