Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 01:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vsalcedo View Post
And some dps are STILL COMPLAINING about stuf. Looks like that healer nerf hurt you more then it should have lol. If you had healers that would work TTK wouldnt be so bad now would it. Instead you dps *****ed an moaned.
Yes, we are still complaining. Mostly because the healers haven't bounced back yet and realized that just because they aren't Gods of 1v1 and just because a DPS can actually kill them through their heals that they aren't useless by any stretch. Games are still won or lost based on healing it is just more fair now.

See, yes, DPS are "top dog" of 1v1.

DPS are not "top dog" of Warzones.

Warzones are won by DPS, Tanks, and Healers working in tandem.

Want to see scary?

4 DPS classes
2 Tanks (guarding healers)
2 Healers

That fixes the TTK issue and makes those DPS classes feel like they are contributing. Unlike before the best Warzone team was:

8 Healers

or

4 Healers, 4 Tanks

Because in pre 1.2 you didn't need DPS or Tanks because Healers nullified both of their jobs.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Serpieri
05.12.2012 , 01:41 PM | #12
Balance is a joke atm - You need to be a Marauder/Sentinal, PowerTech/Vanguard, Healing Scoundrel/Operative, or Assassin to enjoy it. The rest are mediocre and free kills.

P.S. Range in this game is an illusion.

ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 01:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Balance is a joke atm - You need to be a Marauder/Sentinal, PowerTech/Vanguard, Healing Scoundrel/Operative, or Assassin to enjoy it. The rest are mediocre and free kills.

You do know that you just named 4 of 8 classes in your own post... Also we know that Juggernauts and Guardians both have PVP viable specs and there is also a PVP viable spec for Sorcerers and Sages. Commandos are still high in demand as well, as are their Enforcer counterparts.

So far every class has a PVP spec... That is very much balanced.

Much better than pre 1.2 where if you weren't a healer you were a detriment.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."

BraaxusKun
05.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #14
Glowbats are OP atm

ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 01:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BraaxusKun View Post
Glowbats are OP atm
No they aren't. Even if they were that wouldn't be a problem as this is a STAR WARS game.

People keep forgetting Star Wars usually revolves around Jedi and Sith for a reason.

LiveandDieinLA
05.12.2012 , 01:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
No they aren't. Even if they were that wouldn't be a problem as this is a STAR WARS game.

People keep forgetting Star Wars usually revolves around Jedi and Sith for a reason.
Yeah but in an MMO things like lore and logic need to give way to balance.

Sure in the movies a jedi is goign to ape a strom trooper. But for a game to be playable the storm trooper needs to have a chance.

I was playing a space MMo before thisd, and all the guys who flew the capital ships always cried wehn i smoked them in my fighter, because their huge ship "shouldnt even take damage from those tiny guns". If that was the case though there would be no variety.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

Serpieri
05.12.2012 , 02:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post

You do know that you just named 4 of 8 classes in your own post... Also we know that Juggernauts and Guardians both have PVP viable specs and there is also a PVP viable spec for Sorcerers and Sages. Commandos are still high in demand as well, as are their Enforcer counterparts.

So far every class has a PVP spec... That is very much balanced.

Much better than pre 1.2 where if you weren't a healer you were a detriment.
Not even close.

This forces people to play specific classes/specs just to be viable. Mercs/Commandos are the worse class in PVP - literally a free kill - and its funny people think Pyro Mercs are mobile guess they never played one of the above classes mentioned.

ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 02:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Not even close.
Again, address the problem that before 1.2 there was no reason to play anything other than a class that could heal. You were either a healer, a hybrid healer, or a detriment to your team.

fungihoujo
05.12.2012 , 02:09 PM | #19
Marauders- The game is balanced now.

Gee, I wonder why marauders and sins all think the game is balanced, hmm, what could the reason possibly be?

I agree- now that I've got my marauder to max, the game is pretty balanced- balance is when I can win every 2v1 while using only half my CDs right? When most classes can't get me below 70% before I kill them right? That sounds like balance to me.

Ya, it must be that I'm just amazing at a marauder, and everyone playing a sorc, op and mercenary completely sucks and doesn't know how to play- that's the only logical reason why those classes are complete utter jokes when I face them.

Why do only bad players roll those classes, while only good players roll marauders and sins?

kickinhead
05.12.2012 , 02:14 PM | #20
wayyyyyy worse....
Powerbottom - Blotus the Hutt- Sage VR 82+
Powertop - Blotus the Hutt- Shadow VR 65+