Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP balances worse now post 1.2??

Hallowtip
05.12.2012 , 11:07 AM | #1
seems to me like all bio had to do was add content and make some small tweaks to some class's but they went with the big tweaks and now PvP seems more imbalanced than pre 1.2 i actually didnt think the balance was so bad pre 1.2 thats just me tho maybe im wrong.

-Eternal-
05.12.2012 , 11:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hallowtip View Post
seems to me like all bio had to do was add content and make some small tweaks to some class's but they went with the big tweaks and now PvP seems more imbalanced than pre 1.2 i actually didnt think the balance was so bad pre 1.2 thats just me tho maybe im wrong.
PVP balance is the worse it has ever been to date.
Eternal (Mercenary) & Xternal (Powertech)

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

Ahhmyface
05.12.2012 , 11:40 AM | #3
PvP balance is actually the best it's ever been. Mostly FOTM kids are mad they got nerfed.

OPs needed it, mercs needed it, healers needed it. Now if we can just get a few adjustments to marauder and tankasin we'll be good to go. I have a full balance wishlist here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=451415
Ahhmyface- 1400 Madness Assassin
[The Bastion][/B]

Crimescene
05.12.2012 , 11:53 AM | #4
It's much worse.

it went from reasonably balanced to a joke.

BarabbasSiley
05.12.2012 , 12:05 PM | #5
On Fatman - Full War Hero gear and most of the accessories, 90 valor, Sorc dps

I'm the highest in kills, highest in damage, and highest in medals of almost every game.

I can still say that pvp is terribly unbalanced.
That which you seek, inside, you will find. - Yoda

LiveandDieinLA
05.12.2012 , 12:09 PM | #6
I think its the most balanced its ever been.
Tank assassins could be toned down a little, undying rage can be shorted a bit for maras, and PT damage could maybe get adjusted, but its nothing like the gamne at launch, where any monkey could do top damage on an arsenal merc Operative killed everyone in one stun, and healers could face tank 2+ dps on them.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

T-Assassin
05.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hallowtip View Post
yeah, its SWG all over again, for me.

the game's been out for awhile, people have learned to play their classes. but, instead of creating content and community, they think tinkering with already balanced classes (pre 1.2) is the best choice.

don't be surprised in 6 months if you have nothing to do except WZ for overpriced gear, to keep you busy while BW rushes to put some form of content in to stop the bleeding and severe population decrease. i.e. SWG. let's call it a "legacy system". half assed, underwhelming rewards, ultimate timesink.

i've said it before, i'll say it again. STOP nerfs. STOP "forum whine adjusting" classes to fit your "matrix sheet".

add WZ's, OW PvP, shared locations for community building, CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT. not watered down time sinks and "coming soons".

i promised myself i would give this game a year. i love SW and i really enjoy the gameplay...it is AWESOME. best MMO out for me.

but, without community and content, it sucks.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Sneakypepper
05.12.2012 , 12:32 PM | #8
Its worse.

Eliminate expertise. Eliminate resolve. Make CC breaker make u immune to stun for 5 seconds.
Done

Make pvp about skill.
Fix TTK.

ProfessorWalsh
05.12.2012 , 12:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Eternal- View Post
PVP balance is by far the best it has ever been to date.
I fixed that for you.

In all seriousness... Balance is better now than it was, or arguably it hasn't changed, it is only now DPS on top instead of Healers on top.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

vsalcedo
05.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
I fixed that for you.

In all seriousness... Balance is better now than it was, or arguably it hasn't changed, it is only now DPS on top instead of Healers on top.
And some dps are STILL COMPLAINING about stuf. Looks like that healer nerf hurt you more then it should have lol. If you had healers that would work TTK wouldnt be so bad now would it. Instead you dps *****ed an moaned.