Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NINJAS! We know who you are!

Azzirith
12.13.2011 , 04:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
How about you make this a rule: Everyone press NEED instead of GREED

That way, everyone has a fair chance and no one can ninja.

Have a nice day
Right, so the person who actually NEEDS the item as an upgrade has as much chance of getting it as the person who'll AH or vendor it. Great thinking!

Krakov
12.13.2011 , 04:59 PM | #22
Yeah the poster above me beat me to the punch...do GUILD runs and you will not have to worry about Loot Jawas...
SWTOR is Kotor 3 on a much larger scale. So once you accept that fact, your over-all game experience will improve greatly...

vacilios
12.13.2011 , 05:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
there is no such thing as a ninja looter.

Sorry but the devs just dont care. They dint care in WoW they wont care here.

Rule # 1 of MMO. Ninja or be ninjaed.

someone is eager to get to ppl's lists

Krakov
12.13.2011 , 05:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzirith View Post
And how do you find people to recruit to your guild without grouping with some randoms? Ignoring the community is a great way for your guild to grow stagnant.
Recruiting players should not be an issue at all because this game will be full of them for the first couple of months...and I'm sure a large chunk of players will be guild searching once they get their server locked in...

Also, it's not so much ignoring the community at all, but there are guilds for a reason...
SWTOR is Kotor 3 on a much larger scale. So once you accept that fact, your over-all game experience will improve greatly...

Poeju
12.13.2011 , 05:12 PM | #25
I gotta say the whole need/greed thing was very new to me during the beta test and it wasn't until I grouped with a helpful MMO vet that was kind enough to point out to me, "I didn't think you stacked that stat..."

I replied, "Huh?" and thus the quick tutorial began. They we very helpful to me in explaining that up until that point I had been a loot "jawa" and that it only made sense to share in the looting for those who were capable of using it first. Boy, I must've been pissing some people off... but no one ever said anything.

I think there is simple solution, especially understanding that this is a new game at launch and that there will be plenty of people like me (who don't really do MMOs much and are here to play a kick *** Star Wars game) in the game. Would just be clear to anyone you group with what the "looting" rules are. If after that they keep doing it anyway, that's when I'd block, kick or whatever it is you want to do. My guess is most people don't even realize what it is they are doing.

I also saw Need and Greed and thought that need sounded less harmful than greed (being the Jedi that I was) and clicked that every time. I guess I thought if I greeded it, that it would be like an underhanded take of the loot... I don't know, I hadn't done it before.

In any event learning this way actually helped me in the long run. I ended up doing some research on how MMOs and their communities work, asked a friend who used to play WoW and got an idea of what can go on. It can be quite a lot for a new player to take in, especially when no one tells them they're breaking unwritten rules, and instead just stops talking to them.

gregowen
12.13.2011 , 05:25 PM | #26
i think you should drop the word "loot" and just call them "jawa"

Squaty
12.13.2011 , 05:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Poeju View Post
It can be quite a lot for a new player to take in, especially when no one tells them they're breaking unwritten rules, and instead just stops talking to them.

Well pointed out!

There are alot of thoughtful posts here and i hope the Devs can implement "policing" to the loot system.

Or, a thought just came to me...

What about an optional tutorial box which would come up and tell you about certain aspects of the game as you encountered them. So when a new player starts his MMO journey and comes across flashpoints or what ever he could read what the loot system is and how its meant to be used.

Tricky to do i'm sure but hey... Just a thought.

Picoom
12.13.2011 , 06:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Squaty View Post
A Ninja/Loot Jawa is a player who takes loot to which he or she is not entitled.
Really, and precisely who are you to say who's entitled to what or not?

Sure, a BH has no use for str/willpower. Cunning and Aim however, even though Aim is his main stat are another discussion.

So again, precisely who are you to tell what others are entitled to?

Delove
12.13.2011 , 06:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Squaty View Post
Well... We will...

Hi guys and girls,

For those of you sitting at your computer thinking "What the **** have Ninjas got to do with Star Wars?" let me explain...

A Ninja/Loot Jawa is a player who takes loot to which he or she is not entitled.

So you could be in a Flashpoint and this really nice weapon drops which is super awesome for you. But... Whatís this...? "Random Loot Jawa receives super awesome weapon." So you find yourself thinking... "Well maybe he/she does need it." During the rest of the encounter you notice said Jawa isn't using the weapon. He/she's the right level for the item. He/she can use it. Why isn't... JAWAA! THE GUY OR GIRL IS A JAWA. That is the only reason.

Of course we can't say Loot Jawas will be rife in SW:TOR but if they are present and making a nuisance of themselves this is what we, as a community, do to stop them:

1.) Place them on your ignore list.
2.) With the others in the group tell the community who this Jawa is. (More than two sources to confirm he is a Loot Jawa.)

3.) The community in turn adds this Jawa to their ignore list. This stops the Jawa from grouping with them in the future.

It won't be too long until this Jawas' server reputation hits rock bottom; he/she canít group easily and overall will have wasted his/her time levelling their character...

This isn't fool proof but it certainly will make Loot Jawas think twice before engaging in their fetish.

Most of the older MMO community will already know this, but consider this a gentle reminder.

Peace!

Show some community spirit!
(Edit: For Jawas)

Juts spam gen chat with so and so ninja looted somthing they cant use people will steer clear of them lol

snooggums
12.13.2011 , 06:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Picoom View Post
Really, and precisely who are you to say who's entitled to what or not?

Sure, a BH has no use for str/willpower. Cunning and Aim however, even though Aim is his main stat are another discussion.

So again, precisely who are you to tell what others are entitled to?
Clearly they are the loot police. If gear was meant for specific roles in the group the gear would just go to the player it was 'meant for' automatically right?