Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NINJAS! We know who you are!

curzed
12.13.2011 , 04:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanaki View Post
Whilst well meaning it's not very well thought out.

What do we do about the vindictive and the chaotic? Say I come to your server with a couple of friends and make up complaints about your activities. All of a sudden a sizeable chunk of your server thinks you are a nin-- I mean Loot jawa.

It's a good idea in principle but relies heavily on the very trust that was betrayed when the loot was jawa'd in the first place....
This is also the most common reason to why such matters are almost without exception absolutely forbidden to discuss in an open forum. Like here.
So if I go here to the forum and yell "MrBadDoDo is a loot jawa plx all ignore him/her" I can probably expect to see the post removed and/or get a temporary ban.

JhingXX
12.13.2011 , 04:32 PM | #12
Lootjawa! awesome!

Negflar
12.13.2011 , 04:32 PM | #13
Here's my issue and maybe you can help me. Everyone complains about Ninja looters and I understand the concept and why it would be a problem.

Here's the problem I have though. How are you supposed to be able to tell in the middle of a firefight at a glance, that the item is something you need or not? I'm serious. I know I'm probably going to get laughed at for this but I mean it. An item pops up and I'm supposed to make a split second decision about that item all while I'm monitoring my health bar, spamming attacks on an enemy and dodging return fire. I don't know how I can do that. But if I guess wrong, if I hit need instead of greed or need when I should have passed, than suddenly I'm a Ninja looter and it's ignore city.

How do you deal with that? Do you just wait until the firefight is over and then choose? What do you do?

Thanks.

Xzulld
12.13.2011 , 04:36 PM | #14
I have a rule when dealing with people, never assume a thing is done out of maliciousness, or greed when incompetence can explain it.

ie . . . ask if they understand the loot is not good for their class . . .it might surprise you in a new game that not everyone knows whats good for them.

Tallguyalec
12.13.2011 , 04:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Negflar View Post
Here's my issue and maybe you can help me. Everyone complains about Ninja looters and I understand the concept and why it would be a problem.

Here's the problem I have though. How are you supposed to be able to tell in the middle of a firefight at a glance, that the item is something you need or not? I'm serious. I know I'm probably going to get laughed at for this but I mean it. An item pops up and I'm supposed to make a split second decision about that item all while I'm monitoring my health bar, spamming attacks on an enemy and dodging return fire. I don't know how I can do that. But if I guess wrong, if I hit need instead of greed or need when I should have passed, than suddenly I'm a Ninja looter and it's ignore city.

How do you deal with that? Do you just wait until the firefight is over and then choose? What do you do?

Thanks.
The answer is obvious, you said it urself, you wait until the fight is over!... it might help to communicate to your group to please not loot until after the fight

Azzirith
12.13.2011 , 04:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
there is no such thing as a ninja looter.

Sorry but the devs just dont care. They dint care in WoW they wont care here.

Rule # 1 of MMO. Ninja or be ninjaed.
Go right ahead... And enjoy getting kicked from groups when you do and start copping attitude when called on it.

Atreas
12.13.2011 , 04:42 PM | #17
Man, lootjawas or ninjas, will always be a part of the MMO. Most of you are talking in a dungeon or flashpoint what have you. The most annoying type of loot ninja or loot jawa is the one that you have to fight for that node and along comes johnny and takes the node as you fight the mob to get to it. That is the most annoying. All you can do is say something in text and move on. Ignore them if you want but its my experience to just let ot be after you have said something in general. Besides a day later you probably will have even forgot why that person was on your ignore list.

(Lol and you thought stealth wasn't good for anything in this game?)

Synalon
12.13.2011 , 04:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Atreas View Post
Man, lootjawas or ninjas, will always be a part of the MMO. Most of you are talking in a dungeon or flashpoint what have you. The most annoying type of loot ninja or loot jawa is the one that you have to fight for that node and along comes johnny and takes the node as you fight the mob to get to it. That is the most annoying. All you can do is say something in text and move on. Ignore them if you want but its my experience to just let ot be after you have said something in general. Besides a day later you probably will have even forgot why that person was on your ignore list.

(Lol and you thought stealth wasn't good for anything in this game?)
My way around this is to make my companion tank all the mobs, then rush grab the node and get fighting. Can't do it until you get that first companion though so lowbie lootjawa's still steal them
Jen'Taral
Empire Rp/PvP
[Recruitment Thread]

BlazingShadow
12.13.2011 , 04:45 PM | #19
How about you make this a rule: Everyone press NEED instead of GREED

That way, everyone has a fair chance and no one can ninja.

Have a nice day

Squaty
12.13.2011 , 04:54 PM | #20
Howdy,

Just got the chance to reply.

I see some people saying what about incompetence and other perfectly reasonable "accidents" to do with ninj... Jawaing (I love that term!)

Well to be honest i know on forums everything is in black and white, but read between the lines a little. You wouldn't let a Jawa take your item without saying "Hey... Why did you do that?"

So i think you have to talk about it within your group too... not run sreaming "JAWAAAAAA" to the forums.

But i suppose the bottom line of what i was getting at was the sence of community which we can build within our servers.