Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is how tradeskill window should look like (photoshopped screenshot)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
This is how tradeskill window should look like (photoshopped screenshot)

williambr
05.14.2012 , 01:22 AM | #21
Nice job. I agree/sign
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

Ironcleaver
05.14.2012 , 02:17 AM | #22
Much cleaner and easier to manage large number of schematics. Well Done Sir.
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

wolfmith
05.14.2012 , 03:10 AM | #23
voted go go community !
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

LongGui
05.14.2012 , 06:30 AM | #24
Its continuiing with his design example, (because its nice and clean) and expanded to handle orange schematics and style options.

For the visual people heres the link.

I've been thinking along similar lines for a while, and his post prompted me to put ideas to virtual paper. I'll try not to be to wordy.

Edit: Reading over it and I was to wordy, Also its been several months since the thread was started and I don't think anything like this will ever happen
Spoiler
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

wolfmith
05.14.2012 , 06:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LongGui View Post
Thanks op for giving me the motivation, I swear I have been thinking of exactly the same thing for a while now.

I have expanded on your idea, and use your example as base in my post here.
Also good, but why create another topic with the same thing ? just post it here and delete the other since there's already a topic to discuss it
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

DarthTHC
05.14.2012 , 07:30 AM | #26
That's pretty interesting.

But what's the point with such a limited list of things we can make that people actually want?

janne_josefsson
05.14.2012 , 10:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Actually i used Paint.NET: http://twitpic.com/9k48p0/full

That is how it should look, and trim down on alot of recipies in the list for a better navigation.
Mouseovering one of the icons in the table would give the tooltip, leftcliking would change the top section to the clicked item to include the rare mats when applicable (notice how the mats for prototype and artifact quality are greyed out in the premium quality schematic).

What do you think?
You know what? This is not a bad idea, not bad at all
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society

RoninUTA
05.14.2012 , 10:52 AM | #28
+1
Keeping this clean mentally in game has been difficult at best. Your example really makes things clear and easy to determine where you are in the crafting game.

Kudos to you dude!

Stradoo
05.14.2012 , 11:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Actually i used Paint.NET: http://twitpic.com/9k48p0/full

That is how it should look, and trim down on alot of recipies in the list for a better navigation.
Mouseovering one of the icons in the table would give the tooltip, leftcliking would change the top section to the clicked item to include the rare mats when applicable (notice how the mats for prototype and artifact quality are greyed out in the premium quality schematic).

What do you think?
Yep. Looks awesome.
Don't be a Sad Koala. L2PvP!

GnatB
05.14.2012 , 11:25 AM | #30
While I respect the effort that went into this, I'd have to say this is a horrible suggestion. The current UI is MILES better than this suggestion. (although the current UI is pretty bad). This suggestion will make it even HARDER than it currently is to find the schematic you're actually looking to make. They'll all be buried deep inside the tree of a random green schematic. I have dozens (if not hundreds) of green schematics, and the names don't neccessarily indicate if they're offensive or defensive in nature. Finding the right blue or purple for a tank will be horrible if I first have to go through each green trying to figure out which one is the good defensive aim one. At least with the current UI it's limited to the redoubts, and odds are (somewhat) good I don't know the redoubt for the offensive ones.

The ONLY thing this suggestion does is help completionists, not actual crafters who are crafting things that people actually want to use/buy. And completionists in crafting in THIS game need to talk to a psychiatrist about their OCD... and are making it far harder on themselves (with the current UI, or this suggested UI) to see the schematics they would actually want to make.

How to fix the crafting UI? 3 things.
1. Add a "Hide" button next to each schematic in the list. Once hidden, the schematic is no longer visible. All those worthless schematics you find when trying to learn the one good one? Hide 'em so you never have to see them again. Green schematics you already know the good blue/purple for? Hide 'em so you never have to see them again. For most of my crafters, (I've gotten all the good blues already) I shouldn't EVER have to see a green schematic until new schematics are added.
2. Add a "show all" button that switches mode to a show all mode. In this mode, all the hidden schematics are visible, and the "hide" button is replaced by a checkmark. If the checkmark is on the item is visible. If it's off it'll be hidden when switched back to normal mode.
3. Add an "alphabetical" sort (or just sort by "prefix"). All the tanking redoubt stuff grouped together, all the Veracity grouped together, all the overkill grouped togather, all the expert grouped together, etc. (filter would also work about as well, possibly a checkboxes for which prefixes you're interested in, i.e. show me all overkill or critical items)