Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is how tradeskill window should look like (photoshopped screenshot)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
This is how tradeskill window should look like (photoshopped screenshot)

Blattan
05.13.2012 , 07:30 AM | #11
I am not fond of your suggestion.

Please note two things: 1) It is dramatically superior to what we have now, and 2) That doesn't, in any way, suggest your suggestion is wrong/bad.

For me, it doesn't show what I want to see easily. Personally, I am more interested in the artifact/purple schematics more, and would rather see them highlighted (on the list, and in the chart on the right) more than the base item.

However, I can not think of a way to get that within your system. At least not in any way that won't send everyone else running and screaming from the UI.

So, consider this post support for the suggested UI, but with hope of something a bit more in line for what I want to see personally. :-)

Zocat
05.13.2012 , 10:07 AM | #12
Filter via search field (name)

Most of the time I know the name of the thing which I want to craft.

Blattan
05.13.2012 , 11:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
Filter via search field (name)

Most of the time I know the name of the thing which I want to craft.
It wasn't that I was looking for a specific schematic, but that I look for what needs to be worked on. I'd like that to be easy to see "at-a-glance," rather than click on each item to see how far I have researched up that tree.

celldoom
05.13.2012 , 12:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Paranitis View Post
100% approve of this post.

Can you draw something as well for when looking at the GTN, either changing the text color for schematics you already know, or even greying out the boxes of things you already know?

I absolutely HATE clicking the GTN, hitting search, finding something I am not 100% I have or not, clicking crew skills, my crafting skill, going through my list, finding out I already have it, then having to click back onto GTN and hitting search again since it is impossible to have both the GTN and your list of craftables up at the same time.
In the interface customisation window check "enable movable secondary window" and you can have all windows open at the same time.

ForsakenKing
05.13.2012 , 12:55 PM | #15
just another bump because i like this.

Oggthebase
05.13.2012 , 03:08 PM | #16
for the people who like this, you can also RATE the thread, at the bottom of the page, you'll see a dropdown list, vote the thread up and the dev will see it!

Crankyhobo
05.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #17
Yup, this would be an improvement, mostly because it collapses the list so its shorter, the primary list becomes a type rather than a specific item. In the lastest QA they seemed to be saying the lag issues with crafters having too many schematics was a limitation stopping them from introducing more schematics - and this would help with that.

OrionsBelt
05.13.2012 , 08:19 PM | #18
/signed

Bioware, wanna know the best way to make money?? Get rid of the stubborn people who don't want to change what they already created and take suggestions from the forums
Server: Harbinger - Circle of Darkness
Orionsul Assassin - Tank + Syrus'il Mercenary - DPS
Syrusil Sniper - DPS + Syrusul Sorcerer - Heal

unqray
05.14.2012 , 12:15 AM | #19
good idea, looks great !

DesAnvos
05.14.2012 , 01:19 AM | #20
That actually seems like a good idea to improve the system.