Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Pyro, easiest class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Pyro, easiest class?

Arise
05.12.2012 , 02:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post
think sage/sorc is easier

once you get the talent to give tele throw no cooldown
Not sure if troll @_@

~ Eve.SWG.SB.GW.VG.COx.LoTRo.AoC.SwToR.GW2 ~
People have no interest in PvP

Luciferhawke
05.12.2012 , 02:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Arise View Post
Not sure if troll @_@
obviously not referring to 50

warultima
05.12.2012 , 02:42 AM | #13
I play on Imperial side (i know i know) and my 3 50s are Sorc, Marauder and Power Tech. I got my operative to 30 so far.

Pyro Power Tech is side by side with MADNESS Sorc competing for the easiest to learn easiest to play and easiest rotation in both PvP and PvE.

PTPT (Pyrotech Powertech) in PvP has the burst that will blow your mind, force lightning spam with dot really have laughable burst especially if you have both AC and play them in 50 WZ (lets leave PvE out coz no one cares).

PTPT is like a steel cannon that really dont have any other room of improvement while Madness Sorc is like glass BBGun that's open to modify.

For new players they will find themselves much more survivable playing a PTPT and far more bursty dps wise.
Sorcs on the other hand also easy to learn, but you lack of the burst that can end your opponent's life quickly therefore you are forced to learn your other abilities to have comparable survivability as the PT.

If you are more into straight forward, charging into people (or pulling them to you) and melt face very quickly I suggest PT hands down. If you prefer to have more control and dont mind the fact that even as a DPS class with the lowest survivability you also have the lowest burst dps in the entire game BUT likes to have more supportive roll and moving alot jumping up and down to avoid a direct toe-to-toe fight and killing people by doting them up and run the opposite direction of your enemies, Id recommend sorc.

Again both sorc and PT are easy to play, but especially 1.2, PTPT definitely have way higher "faceroll'ness" especially if you like to win 1v1s and taking your enemies heads up. Sorcs are quite the opposite... run run run los knock back and run run run.

Darth_Intl
05.12.2012 , 02:59 AM | #14
^ guy doesnt know what hes talking about, see my video. You cant tank **** as a 50 Powertech, your heavy armor, as any veteran gamer knows means absolutely nothing compared to escape abilites, of which we have none. The truest thing about is a powertech is that if your in a fight with another good player, your in it til the death, blow your load and hope you survive.

-Never ever charge in as a Powertech Pyrotech, you are a DPS class treat yourself like one!!!
-Always look to kill DPS Vanguard/Powertech's if they think that their heavy armor makes them tough and they run into you full of hubris.

Good Armor, Limited Escape, Great Damage should scream focus me. In fact personally I feel great damage should scream focus me, but that requires awareness.

Twor
05.12.2012 , 03:02 AM | #15
Same as all classes, easy to learn, hard to master.
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

Boissi
05.12.2012 , 04:42 AM | #16
Possibly. I've played 6 out of 8 classes extensively in pvp, and pyrotech is by far the easiest of those to play well. It actually wouldn't be very much fun to play one if the damage wasn't so good.
@ Scepter of Ragnos

Zixu - 50 Sith Juggernaut |||Sihq - 50 Sith Sorcerer ||| Powers - 50 Operative ||| Ziksi - 49 Jedi Sentinel ||| Ziksu - 41 Powertech ||| Zixi - 17+ Sniper

Mossesman
05.12.2012 , 04:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Why even post in the thread then!??
To increase his post count
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

vimm
05.12.2012 , 05:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Powertechs like to claim otherwise. But the reality is, this is what I reccommend people have their spouses, gfs and young children play. It really is incredibly simple.
I laughed audibly.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Jalal
05.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Sorry, but this thread insinuates that any class is difficult to play in this game.

Truth is, all classes are easy to play well.

All classes are more difficult to play REALLY well.

/thread
I don't know if I think any class is really hard to play but compared to a marauder, or any healer that I have tried, its easier than the other classes I have played.

SneiK
05.12.2012 , 01:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Sorry, but this thread insinuates that any class is difficult to play in this game.

Truth is, all classes are easy to play well.

All classes are more difficult to play REALLY well.

/thread
/signed.

If PT was so easy, why can I outplay a PT pyro I encounter? Each class is easy to play ok, but skill is still a factor.