Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzone Commendations: Am I Missing Something??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked Warzone Commendations: Am I Missing Something??

gauchotodd
05.11.2012 , 06:49 PM | #1
Disclaimer: please forgive my noobness, as I'm still learning many things about the game.

I hit 50 about a week ago and nearly have all my Battlemaster gear for my Sentinel (both sabers and the 5 main armor pieces). I always do the PvP Dailies and Weekly, and from those we get 792 Ranked Commendations per week (99*7 Dailies + 99 for the Weekly).

Considering the full set of War Hero gear costs a whopping 28,250 Ranked Commendations, it will take nearly 36 WEEKS to obtain all the pieces at this rate. This seems a bit over the top to me.

If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, one may purchase/trade normal commendations for the ranked ones at a rate of 30 normal to 10 ranked. So, if one swaps 3,000 normal for 1,000 ranked per week, which seems like a fair amount, it will still take 16 WEEKS to obtain everything. Which, while less than half as long, still doesn't seem that much better.

So, again: am I missing something here? Or must I spend the next four months farming the queue to "earn" the best PvP set?

flem
05.11.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2
It's slow because there's nothing else to aim for before ranked warzones actually arrive. You'll finish the gearup rather fast when that hits.

If you play every day it should take you about a week per main piece at the current rate.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

DcyfR
05.11.2012 , 07:36 PM | #3
They put in the ranked gear as if ranked warzones were already out. Don't kill yourself trying to grind up the ranked gear or you will go insane.
LAW

gauchotodd
05.11.2012 , 11:05 PM | #4
Haha thanks: the gear's there, but we're not really meant to have it yet... sort of... I got it.

Helistin
05.11.2012 , 11:33 PM | #5
Just roll to one of the dead servers. No gear grinds there since you don't get to play any warzones due to lack of people.

Riskel
05.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #6
You can also trade in 30 regular Warzone Commendations for 10 Ranked Warzone Commendations at one of the vendors right by the PVP Terminal, if I remember right.

Risky

Tiresias
05.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
The only path available to the "ranked" gear is through the method that will be available to those who have no desire to play in ranked Warzones once they are released. This path is intentionally slow and painful to encourage participation in the ranked Warzone system.

I recommend that you acquire the Implants and Earpiece and perhaps some of the smaller items like the belt and bracers using the rewards from the weekly quests. Do not bother with any of the big items; use your Warzone Commendations to purchase an alternate set of Battlemaster gear (if applicable to your class) and stock up on consumables.

This way, when the ranked system becomes available you will be ready to go for it.

LiveandDieinLA
05.12.2012 , 01:41 PM | #8
I am only missing my legs, relic and chest piece.

The WH grind is a pain, but Im pretty sure its taken me less than 36 weeks
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

GeckoOBac
05.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LiveandDieinLA View Post
I am only missing my legs, relic and chest piece.

The WH grind is a pain, but Im pretty sure its taken me less than 36 weeks
He's counting only the dailies, not the conversions

gauchotodd
05.12.2012 , 08:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
use your Warzone Commendations to purchase an alternate set of Battlemaster gear (if applicable to your class) and stock up on consumables.

This way, when the ranked system becomes available you will be ready to go for it.
Why would anybody need an alternate set of BM gear?