Laundry list of improvements to the UI

celldoom

---GENERAL---

• Control over art/skin. Able to remove or change the art around the UI. Players need the option for minimalistic interfaces, removing the art off all the panels and quickbars leaving only the useful elements would be a step towards it.
  • Change the hue of art/skin for aesthetic purposes, such as having a dark purple on inquisitor, red on warrior, blue on sage, etc...
  • Manipulation of bars. Health bars and power bars need the ability to be manipulated both in width/length and scale/alpha. For example i want my health bar to be fat and wide in the lower-middle of the screen with a small energy bar above it closer to the center.
  • Manipulation of numbers. Able to move the numbers such as health or power around. Having the option between "absolute/max", "absolute", "absolute/percentage", etc... Able to place them in any place around the screen. For example on my agent i would kill to have the energy amount as a number in the middle of the screen so i don't have to always be looking at the UI and miss half the battle. Use the same logic as the tooltip: either dock it to the parent bar or let it move freely.
  • Options for Portraits. Hide/Show per element, square/round, scale, etc...
  • Manipulation of nameplates. Ability to Show/Hide each individual element on a per-actor basis (friendly, hostile, npc, player). An example would be having a healing player to have healthbars on friendly players with everything else hidden and having enemy players with the class icon and names only.
  • Marks on Nameplates. Currently nameplates overlap the marks and it's impossible to see which targets have marks. Add marks to nameplates.
  • More nameplate options such as Stacking, Overlapping and Spreading. Also nameplate distance (hide them over 50 yards?) and scale sliders.
  • Chat bubbles. Simple as that. Obviously having a variety of options would be nice such as size/alpha, timing and On/Off switch.

--- KEYBINDS ---

• Keybinding profiles. Having UI profiles without keybinding profiles is very annoying with over 50 remapped keybinds every time. Or simply include the keybinds into the .xml of the UI profiles.
  • Add at least two more quickbars.
  • Able to bind and allocate spells into a quickbar and then hide/disable the bar while still having it function. Any minimalistic interface requires this function where all spells are properly bound and simply having them hidden while still functioning.
  • Bind spells instead of buttons. Instead of mapping the buttons why not map the abilities directly? Opening the "spell book" there would be a checkbox, checking it would allow to mouseover each spell and bind a button combination to it.

---MACROS---

• Simple macro system with limited use to avoid the "Rift Macros" problem of stacking many abilities on one button:
    #mouseover:On
    /cast Aimed Shot
    /cast [modifier:Shift]Leg Shot
    /cast [modifier:Alt]Reload

Only one ability will be performed per keypress but able to do various abilities with different combinations of buttons.
    It would realy improve my gameplay and UI by having different spells on the same button (each with a modifier), especially for healing classes. Each button combination will allow for only one spell but the effect would be to have several button combinations in one macro such as F, Shift+F, Ctrl+F and Alt+F in one macro with 4 spells in it.

• Mouseover function as a global option (On/Off) and individually within macros. Should work both on party/raid frames and on nameplates.

P.S.: Having all these options configurable through the .xml file only would be enough. I understand that implementing new options into the game UI takes time both in coding and Q&A up to the standarts of quality but being able to edit them in the .xml file as a "beta version" at our own risk would be amazing.

Edited by celldoom
formatting

I like these ideas and regards to chat bubbles maybe if your in a party and someone talks it just shows the chat bubble coming out of there portrait not there actual player. Edited by Keymod

I like these ideas and regards to chat bubbles maybe if your in a party and someone talks it just shows the chat bubble coming out of there portrait not there actual player.

You're*, but no that's useless, we need full chat bubble support across all local channels.

I disagree, this isn't the type of game for chat bubbles.
Then you don't know what "MMO" stands for. Reguardless that is just one improvement needed, i just hoped they would come sooner rather than later. It just feels like the UI team isn't improving much since we haven't heard anything on the UI part since 1.2 previews.