Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6 v 8, simple math is hard.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
6 v 8, simple math is hard.

Ronxz
05.11.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1
So I keep getting stuck in these 6 v 8 warzone matches. I don't understand the logic here Bioware so I thought I'd break down why this is a terrible idea. 8/8 = 100%. so every 2 players is 25% of the team. That means that 6 v 8 is 75% of the total team. So basically you are sending a team that is a quarter down to face a full team. In most of your warzones, Numbers Mean EVERYTHING:

Voidstar: Bugged door, defensive team only has 6? easily overpowered because it becomes a 4 on 7 or 3 on 6 against a full team.

Denova: You can't take a node because you have to either go 6 v 6 leaving no one to defend of 5 v 6 or 4 v 6, which, you cannot hope to win and then have time to take the node.

Civil War: Again, how do you expect a team to take a node and hold it long enough to cap when they are fighting 4 v 6 defenders?

Huttball: Huttball can be won by 6 well coordinated players but only if they work extremely well together and the other team really doesn't do well at all.

Yes, we all hear about that rare instance where someone want a 6 v 8 or we managed to pull out the victory because we hit the zone and the other team sucked but simple math here Bioware. 6 v 8, 75% vs. 100%. It doesn't add up and it never will, especially when you design your maps around fighting for nodes.

Solution: Make it so the warzone only activates with 7 or more actually inside the instance. Give us a damn chance to actually win the match.
-Ronxz
"In Pace Decus, In Bello Praesidium"
Guildleader of Anthology, High Priest of the Bacon, Godfather of Middle-Earth, and Sith Overlord.

dcgregorya
05.11.2012 , 01:07 PM | #2
You're right. The simple solution of course is just to cap both sides at 6 if one faction only queues to 6...Why this is too hard for them to grasp I don't know tbh. I think they just like trolling us hard.

hellczar
05.11.2012 , 01:15 PM | #3
i was in a nice 5 Vs 4 match this morning that ended at about the same time the first turret in Alderaan was capped since it took about 30 seconds to get there and cap because of flight times .... god bless Bio-ware they need it

ATango
05.11.2012 , 01:24 PM | #4
But... but.. but.. I thought having the remaining players join 2 mins into the game when the game is basically lost was fun? You don't like uphill battles? :P

Don't get me wrong, I've been in a few games that once the players were evened out we were able to come back for a win but it happens very rarely. With the time it takes to cap certain points most games are lost in the first few mins.

But also, It's hard to predict whether a player will accept the queue at the end of the countdown. You can have 8 players queued but 3 don't accept leaving 5 to feel the wrath of an 8 player onslaught. I've been on the receiving end of a 5 v 8 onslaught. It is pretty close or worse than going up against a premade.
Major Alphatango <TCT VG>
Jedi Covenant

SirSensi
05.11.2012 , 01:36 PM | #5
It doesnt make sense. Ive been in WZs that have 6 or 7 on "my" team and then we are facing 8 on the opposing team, everysingle one of them are in a PUG... And this is a "training excersise"... That REALLY doesnt make sense...
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

rawfox
05.11.2012 , 01:38 PM | #6
The reason is, that people join in all time and leave out, also all time.
So you can have it, to start with people and end with other peoples in your team.

Would it be fixed to a number of available joiners, and a single one leaves, what then ?
Match over or imbalance like before ?

It is sad, that the teams are imbalanced sometimes, but that is more fault of a dead community on your server.
If there are no joiners, you wont get your team full.
That may change quick with cross server queue's.

Nevertheless, the system grants us the ability to dynamically join a running game, so possible shamefull leavers can be replaced by other players.

HelinCarnate
05.11.2012 , 02:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
The reason is, that people join in all time and leave out, also all time.
So you can have it, to start with people and end with other peoples in your team.

Would it be fixed to a number of available joiners, and a single one leaves, what then ?
Match over or imbalance like before ?

It is sad, that the teams are imbalanced sometimes, but that is more fault of a dead community on your server.
If there are no joiners, you wont get your team full.
That may change quick with cross server queue's.

Nevertheless, the system grants us the ability to dynamically join a running game, so possible shamefull leavers can be replaced by other players.
If a single one leaves or does not take the queue then the game gives another 30 seconds for someone else to join. If no one joins, the game does not even start and everyone in the match goes to the head of the line for the next queue. Games in progress where people leave or disconnect are filled like normal.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Lovia
05.11.2012 , 02:31 PM | #8
They cant make any complex algorithms to dictate balance because it would reduce the que from 10-15 warzone pops a day to 0-5, to something like 1/3 of the servers.

Krashnburn
05.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
You're right. The simple solution of course is just to cap both sides at 6 if one faction only queues to 6...Why this is too hard for them to grasp I don't know tbh. I think they just like trolling us hard.
Yes this, you add backfills up to 8 as they que, but always keep the teams even.

Unless someone DCs ofc. Can't just randomly kick someone on the other team because someone leaves the WZ I guess.. =/

DarthRamette
05.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #10
Thats ok, today on my server we were 3 v 8 and we all left. I am not going to get farmed for medals.