Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DapperDab
05.14.2012 , 06:28 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
At least I know why the warzone vendors were taken out.

Here's an alternate suggestion for the repair:

Why not use Warzone Commendations for the payment of the repairs? I'm not talking about 100 comm repairs, but a simple 10 commendations would work right? That's basically a match right there, would make sure people actually play the match.
Just have the vendors spawn five minutes after the match or something. Three minutes... Something. Long enough that it's not worth a quick queue for a repair.

lELADRIN
05.14.2012 , 09:44 AM | #92
Well I looked at the Q&A questions asked this last week and there were several pertaining to Ranked WZ's Open world PvP and the like yet AGAIN no response. You at Bioware are avoiding these questions and you NEED to answer the PvP questions. Yes you all screwed up with your pvp, yes you killed your open world because of this, what we want to know is what if anything is being done for open world pvp. Were not asking for a timeline on open world pvp yet we just want to know if your doing something if not tell us.

As far as ranked wz's we need them asap, all the changes you made to pvp gear were designed around ranked wz's which we don't have.

On the TTK issue certain classes have a distinct advantage in pvp now, tanks can't tank, healers die before they can heal, and your 4 force using dps classes (marauder & Sentenal being the worst) have escape mechanic's that throw fights even when outnumbered in their favor. These are the IMPORTANT PVP ISSUES YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER.

This has already caused some to unsub and soon more will follow, Answer some if not all of these questions and you may save some subs even if it's "were working on it' it's better than being treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed ****).
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.2GHz OC to 3.9GHz
16GB DDR3 2000 Kingston HyperX RAM
Dual 9800GT 2Gb ram SLI 600 MHz core clock OC to 705 MHz (120fps to 50 fps)
Asus M4N75TD NVIDIA 750a SLI chipset

cashogy
05.14.2012 , 11:15 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The reason (as stated in the blog) is so that we don't end up with a Q&A with the same questions asked over and over and the same responses from the devs about features coming soon. We've taken your feedback and we wanted to be able to choose new questions that result in in-depth answers from our developers. This way, we can accumulate questions for two weeks and choose from there.

We'll definitely monitor community reaction to this and then decide from there if we want to continue to do weekly or bi-weekly Q&As.
There are a boat load of questions that you could answer with in-depth responses. Some hard hitting, important questions. For example:

- What is the estimated time frame for the rolling out of ranked warzones?
- When will PTS be easily accessible to everyone?
- What is a reasonable time frame for dual-spec to be implemented?
- What are your plans for Ilum/world pvp in general?
- When can we expect actual balance in PvP again?

That is just a handful off the top of my head. For you to suggest that the community is "out of new questions" is absurb. Inevitably, after 2 weeks of collecting questions you will choose the easy-mode ones and answer those, providing no insight on the future of this game, which is very much up in the air right now.

Start treating the SWTOR community as an asset, and not as an audience.

ItsMattsFault
05.14.2012 , 12:57 PM | #94
Concerning companions, I find what most people saying is reasonable but not entirely true.

I have a Sith Warrior, and I used Jaessa the moment I got her, and have used her the entire game up until I hit 50. THEN things started to go WAY downhill. Everything became impossible using her, and not only that, I couldn't switch to Quinn or Broonmark, because by this point they are far too under-geared.

Besides that, I was bummed out by the fact that most people I talked to felt they were locked into a healer/tank companion, simply because they felt that was the only way to go through the game. I hope BW takes all this player feedback into consideration, but for some reason, TORs track record is showing me the opposite.

robjossa
05.15.2012 , 06:40 AM | #95
when the hell is there going to be character transfers biggest problem in the game i come on rush hour to see what 25 ppl on the fleet waiting 30 mins to get a wz match and with that amount of ppl on good f ing luck trying to find someone for hm or op's come on already i pay what 14 bucks a month i expect to be able to play the game ... kind of hard when its mmo and im just O lol

DavidHunt
05.15.2012 , 10:15 AM | #96 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by iRouven View Post
Maybe I'm the only one blissfully unaware of this - could we elaborate a bit more what kind of limit we are talking here? Should I not learn every available (low level) recipe to outfit my other characters so as to leave room for potential "good" or "rare" higher level ones?
To clarify, we do not limit how many schematics you can learn. It's an internal soft cap such that if drastically increased the number of recipes in a short time we may encounter issues. It just means we can't universally allow all items to create new RE recipes at this time, but there's plenty of room for new recipes and you will be able to learn them all.

Fhrosty
05.15.2012 , 11:43 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by EbonFade View Post
No one cares about alacrity!! Its like number 3000 on my list of most important things i'd like to know about.
I care. And here, in essence is the root of the problem. What's important to some people isn't important to other people.

matthewwilcox
05.15.2012 , 11:51 AM | #98
i have a question. i dont know if this been talked about. i notice now we cannot get into warzones or do anything group related because my server doesnt have anyone one it. is it about time to cut down on servers so we can do the things we want to do

-Sev
05.15.2012 , 02:04 PM | #99
The social system and in particular social rank, will you be making changes to it so others can acquire it more easily than running say one million flashpoints and are any new social armors going to be added in 1.3 and in addition companions that are ranged or melee tanks have so many high threat abilities that it is just no as viable to pull them out when your a tank. Are there any plans to make abilities specifically for a dps mode or tank mode for the companions?

Boufsa
05.16.2012 , 04:17 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The reason (as stated in the blog) is so that we don't end up with a Q&A with the same questions asked over and over and the same responses from the devs about features coming soon. We've taken your feedback and we wanted to be able to choose new questions that result in in-depth answers from our developers. This way, we can accumulate questions for two weeks and choose from there.

We'll definitely monitor community reaction to this and then decide from there if we want to continue to do weekly or bi-weekly Q&As.
You must be joking! There are hundreds of question about the current system that are asked again and again and never answered to. You already said you didn't want to talk about future features, but what about stopping picking only questions you like, and beginning to answer to (maybe more complicated) questions about the current game system you designed?

For example what about answering the questions about the commando balance (gunnery and medic) and their obvious DPS lack compared to others classes post 1.2? But I am almost certain no developer have ever played a commando, everybody know that you prefer empire side, and every week some developer go posting in the BH forum, while I don't recall if commando forum has ever gotten a glimpse.

But the forum is full of math with a lot of interesting topics of balancing suggestions that would really be worth reading, go and take a look, and please explain the choices YOU made on OUR characters!