Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's Time

Bation
05.11.2012 , 04:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabrac View Post
It would be nice if there was some weekly information about the progress of some things. e.g. ranked warzones and server transfers. People would appreciate this.
well they started that podcast crap so hopefully they use that and the weekly questions to talk about real problems and not ppl saying stuff like "Jedis with red lightsabers is not canon uggggggggg change it"
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him...”

Sparklehorse
05.11.2012 , 04:44 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BrunoLogan View Post
Saying that I don't mean they should commit with a precise release date for this or that feature but sharing with us how things are going (what are the concerns, it's being harder or easier than they thought it would be, the bumps on the road, the backtracks, whatever) with players could build a more harmonious relationship between the two parts.
Precisely.

If handled correctly, this could be an opportunity to form strong and lasting bonds with the community. This is something that is sorely lacking currently.

I understand the risks and the difficulties, particularly with such a polarized and opinionated community, however, in my humble and honest opinion, the only thing worse would be to remain silent.
Stop exploding you cowards!

Solo_Han
05.11.2012 , 04:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Haven't they communicated quite a bit about the server transfers?
All we've been told about server transfers is that they're coming.
  • We haven't been told when, other than the vague 'summer-time' response.
  • We haven't been told what they'll entail. Are these transfers going to occur like:
    High Pop ~> Lower Pop
    Lower Pop ~> Standard Pop
    Low Pop & High Pop ~> Standard Pop
    All Pop ~> All Pop
  • We haven't been told if there are any special requirements that are necessary for customers to be eligible for free transfers.

If I had booked a flight with Ryan Air, and they were rearranging my flight, I'd expect, as a paying customer, to be given answers to any and all questions I wanted to ask. I would also not expect their response to be, effectively, "go somewhere else if you don't like it", as any company that does that is unlikely to last.

Simple admission that there is a HUGE issue would at least be a start. I asked for that two months ago, a simple admission.

Great PR.

Anomorn
05.11.2012 , 04:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabrac View Post
It would be nice if there was some weekly information about the progress of some things. e.g. ranked warzones and server transfers. People would appreciate this.
OH NO! It must be kept secret. Everything must have a glorious surprise factor. Surprises are what's important, not customer appreciation.
Glowsticks of Nerf Dialogue
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

Bloodstealer
05.11.2012 , 04:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by well View Post
While server transfers isn't a issue with me I imagine they want to make sure that it works right the first time.That takes time.If people lose their chrs during a transfer you will see some very unhappy folks.
They have already tried and tested it... a la Asia Pacific Servers.....
Leader of The Misfits & Mercenaries Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Solo_Han
05.11.2012 , 04:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
I honestly feel like they have not communicated enough. I don't need or ask for a detailed, minute to minute timeline. I do feel, sincerely that the amount of information they have given us has not been sufficient.
Couldn't agree more.

I think it's becoming very clear that this is BW's first multiplayer game, and I think it's showing when it comes to communication with their online (and paying) community/customers.

It's like picking up the phone to LG, and being told to **** off.

Bation
05.11.2012 , 05:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo_Han View Post
All we've been told about server transfers is that they're coming.
Simple admission that there is a HUGE issue would at least be a start. I asked for that two months ago, a simple admission.
Admission would never happen and especially this early it may make their current subs feel like their owning up but if they admit they messed up it may turn away future subs so its just rly bad for PR
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him...”

Malstrades
05.11.2012 , 05:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo_Han View Post
Couldn't agree more.

I think it's becoming very clear that this is BW's first multiplayer game, and I think it's showing when it comes to communication with their online (and paying) community/customers.

It's like picking up the phone to LG, and being told to **** off.
sorry but its not, bioware merged with mythic, wich made warhammer online, the nabs from warhammer online are now working on swtor, and its noticable.
SOR gear= rehash extrodinaire and FUGLY!

Solo_Han
05.11.2012 , 05:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bation View Post
Admission would never happen and especially this early it may make their current subs feel like their owning up but if they admit they messed up it may turn away future subs so its just rly bad for PR
This isn't exactly cracking PR... Nor is losing half a MILLION subscribers in 3 months.

Solo_Han
05.11.2012 , 05:15 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Malstrades View Post
sorry but its not, bioware merged with mythic, wich made warhammer online, the nabs from warhammer online are now working on swtor, and its noticable.
I realise that, but purchasing or merging with a company that developed a game independently, is not developing one yourself. That was the point I was making. The people who make DAO, haven't made MMO's before. That's what I was getting at.