Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 04:31 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't this count as a "3rd party software", and a ban reason from bioware?
Just making sure before i throw out 1 year of subscription.
Here's a dev post in another thread in response to the same question:
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers. If anyone feels like an action has been taken against their account in error, we strongly encourage you to contact support (http://www.swtor.com/support/form) with details. Please keep in mind that we do monitor for anything that violates the Terms of Service (speedhacking, botting, or any other third-party software that interacts with the client to result in unintended behavior). We also encourage people to be very careful about downloading and using any third-party software – remember to take the safety of your computer seriously!
SWMoniTOR - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parser
Makya ||| Standard Deviations ||| The Shadowlands

DecanAndersen
05.14.2012 , 04:33 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaktar View Post
Here's a dev post in another thread in response to the same question:
thank you
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

Frezzyisfuzzy
05.14.2012 , 08:27 PM | #43
I downloaded this program with high expectations. I got it running after reading the tutorials without any issues.

Ten minutes later, my cat died.

In summary, this program will kill your pets. That is all.

NoTomorrow
05.14.2012 , 09:42 PM | #44
Geniuses at work.

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 10:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Frezzyisfuzzy View Post
I downloaded this program with high expectations. I got it running after reading the tutorials without any issues.

Ten minutes later, my cat died.

In summary, this program will kill your pets. That is all.
LOL, Frezzy, your logic is impeccable. (nothing like someone from your own guild to give you a hard time )

nDjiin
05.14.2012 , 10:15 PM | #46
My AV suite is picking it up as a trojan - I know some s/w can be mis diagnosed - but I wanted to play it safe and report it.

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 10:23 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
My AV suite is picking it up as a trojan - I know some s/w can be mis diagnosed - but I wanted to play it safe and report it.
I assure you there is no trojan. External scans and more info on this topic (such as false positive reports) is available from an article on the SWMoniTOR forums (Computer Safety Guide)

Appak
05.14.2012 , 10:38 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Gridina View Post

Had a mara who was using it say numbers from their healing aura thing seemed quite strange in the healing graph (extremely high, beating both healers in 8m at times on HM Kephess) I couldnt see the graph cause of teh disconnect issue, so just taking his word for it.

He also mentioned threat oddities with vanish. Ive seen most live things have big troubles with this, so im guessin it'll just be one of those things they'll slowly get better at detailing.
Throughout the Beta testing I haven't seen anything like weird healing numbers. I'm usually next after all the dedicated healers, but well below. My only thought is if your healers were having part of the disconnect issues you were talking about then their hps would go down and could go down below the mara's heals.

As per the vanish ... I'm not sure. I noticed a -3K threat for myself on one encounter (where I had used vanish) .. but I either had never noticed it before when i've used vanish or it was a one-off weird thing, but I'll keep an eye on it during our next raid and smack Gak if its doing something funky there.

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 10:45 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Appak View Post
Throughout the Beta testing I haven't seen anything like weird healing numbers. I'm usually next after all the dedicated healers, but well below. My only thought is if your healers were having part of the disconnect issues you were talking about then their hps would go down and could go down below the mara's heals.

As per the vanish ... I'm not sure. I noticed a -3K threat for myself on one encounter (where I had used vanish) .. but I either had never noticed it before when i've used vanish or it was a one-off weird thing, but I'll keep an eye on it during our next raid and smack Gak if its doing something funky there.
The large non-healer heal parses is probably related to when a mob is mezzed and is taking continuous heals for the duration that it is mezzed. The fix we have planned is to only include heals on players and not on enemies (which makes sense when you think about it afterwards ).

Gridina
05.15.2012 , 12:10 AM | #50
The healing was on Kephess, so wasnt to do with mezz. But i know i (1 of the healers) was having the disconnect issue, not sure if the other one was. So ill wait for u guys to rls ur update and might try again this week.