Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the love of Yoda...(re Pug ops)

Jonnara
05.11.2012 , 03:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
They invited him, then decided he wasn't geared enough and kicked him. To me I assume they thought when they invited him that they were good enough to carry him through, and then when they discovered they were not, they blamed him and kicked him. What is funny about that?
Pcolapat, Why would they have advance knowledge of there ability to carry him at all?

Plus been invited to a PUG does not mean you are entitled to be carry for gear right?

As with any game and or gaming activity, you join PUGs at your own risk, that's always been my motto.

The_Butler
05.11.2012 , 04:00 AM | #22
Yea common courtesy to inform you that your being kicked should be expected.

Mind you I sometimes wonder if there's usually more to these types of Stories.

At the end of the day sometimes Op leaders need to make a difficult choice by considering the skill/gear/class mix of a group and it's ability to suceed. This is definately true in PUGS where the Op leader has a lot of unknowns.

That being said in a guild run for EV HM I'd have no problem taking a PvP geared player because as long as the overall gear level of the group is high it's not that difficult. Can't say if I'd feel the same about doing the same with a non-guild player though...

RachelAnne
05.11.2012 , 04:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
If it was me making a group i would of course explain the reason and apologize before kicking.
But the thing is, it's partially your fault that you lost the time mate. You never know in advance with whom are you going to raid, what kind of people are they. What do they expect from you. So before joining you should always ask if your toon is ok for them in terms of gear, experience etc. That's the best way to be safe and avoid any misunderstandings.

This may work in a guild run where you have friendly guildies who are willing to carry you, but in no way in a PuG. PuGgies don't owe you anything and there is nothing elitist with this.
The thing is,

how to gear if you cant go?
How to get experience if you cant go?

That "only with high end gear, only with experience" stuff that exist´s at wow inside the LFG is garbage - people demand and expect too much. Once the LFG is ingame it will become a nightmare for players like the OP here too.

People should learn that gear that drops in a dungeon cant be a requirement just like experience cant. People go there to get these things!

amnie
05.11.2012 , 04:07 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kilosoldier View Post
The OP would not let some one in "crap" Columi PvE gear join a PvP pre made with him. Something to think about before everyone gets all sanctimonious and righteous.

Should people be more considerate? Yea, I think so. Should the OP let the group know he is in PvP gear when trying to join a group? Yes, yes he should.
well I did consider that, as my reply should show, but I guess it was a bit tl:dr (even for my own taste, I just get carried away at times. lol)

amnie
05.11.2012 , 04:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
The thing is,

That "only with high end gear, only with experience" stuff that exist´s at wow inside the LFG is garbage - people demand and expect too much. Once the LFG is ingame it will become a nightmare for players like the OP here too.

People should learn that gear that drops in a dungeon cant be a requirement just like experience cant. People go there to get these things!
while this is true and I agree 100%, it's much like a job application. the guy with the worse mark in math might be the better worker, but he might never get the chance to prove it because people with the overall super awesome report will be chosen first.

Pcolapat
05.11.2012 , 04:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonnara View Post
Pcolapat, Why would they have advance knowledge of there ability to carry him at all?

Plus been invited to a PUG does not mean you are entitled to be carry for gear right?

As with any game and or gaming activity, you join PUGs at your own risk, that's always been my motto.
If you are invited to the raid, all responsiblity falls to the person who invited you. They can inspect your gear before the raid even starts. They should decide then if your geared enough. If the ops leader doesn't know, then he has no business running a raid.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Jonnara
05.11.2012 , 04:15 AM | #27
The thing is,

OK your gear /experience statement is not true RachelAnne.

There is a clear gear progression path we all took to get there.
As for experience, that's what your guild is for. Also doesn't hurt to watch some of the fights in youtube so you are prepared with research before you go in.

Jonnara
05.11.2012 , 04:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
If you are invited to the raid, all responsiblity falls to the person who invited you. They can inspect your gear before the raid even starts. They should decide then if your geared enough. If the ops leader doesn't know, then he has no business running a raid.
That is exactly what happened Pcolapat, they was still LF1M tank and the raid has not even started before he got kicked. Its in the opening post about mid way i think.

chaosdefined
05.11.2012 , 04:24 AM | #29
The thing is,

It's not elitism to refuse to take someone into a Pug Operation when he is wearing PVP gear and his PVE gear has no mods, which he stated in his original post.

Now while they were rude to kick him without word, I would say that he was fairly careless to believe that he could join a PVE Op when he has not bothered to put in the time to gear up with everyone else.

You are right about elitism, but what we have here is 'Special Snowflake Syndrome'. Ispend time gearing myself for PVE, I don't then expect to be taken into PVP groups.

amnie
05.11.2012 , 04:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonnara View Post
That is exactly what happened Pcolapat, they was still LF1M tank and the raid has not even started before he got kicked. Its in the opening post about mid way i think.
well to be fair I do think his main point was rather the rude reply (or lack thereof) for why he was kicked, and not that he was kicked. that was probably just hurting his ego a little because he thought he was geared enough. (which he is, depending on the group)

hell, I tried esseles hm with a pug and it was a DISASTER(caps for dramatic effect) and when I run it with guilides with barely any gear progression we are done in 30-40 minutes...

or like yesterday, we did EV normal mode with someone who had just hit 50 less than 30 minutes before the run and someone else who had never done it before was the main tank. granted we wiped once but that is to be expected when 2 people don't know any of soa's mechanics (explaining it is one thing, experiencing it a completely different matter)

oh and we died once because i have the habit of forgetting to heal myself