Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the love of Yoda...(re Pug ops)

amnie
05.11.2012 , 03:28 AM | #11
y'know what I was thinking while reading your topic? you are complaing about elitism, while thinking you own everyone yourself and are the best player on the server.

have you actually .done. any hardmode ops before? from your post it sounds like you haven't. you are only talking about hardmode flashpoints. yes, you .can. do hardmodes in pvp gear (hell, my guild and friendly allies take me with them even though my gear is a clusterfck of columi/rakata/bm/wh) but that means you should know the general mechanics and the likes.

have you done eternity vault on normal yet?

do what everyone else does: add people you party with to your friendslist and when there are enough people online do runs with them!

you also mention your guild... why not run with them? or are you a pvp-exclusive guild? do you have any allied guilds that might take you in for a run? are you using vent/ts/mumble?

it might very will be that you actually .are. a good pve-player aswell, but people don't know that if they haven't run with you before. especially when they see you obviously do a lot of pvp they might think 'oh damn that guy is never going to be any good in pve'. how are they supposed to know otherwise?

apart from that I of course agree, they could have at least told you what was up or give you a chance. going by the time you set here I take you don't play on an under-populated server so they could have just done the first boss with you and see how well it goes.

(though yes, I agree, next time mention your gear and also mention that you do have some pve-gear but no rakata. rakata isn't needed for ev hm anyway, though)

amnie
05.11.2012 , 03:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosdefined View Post
Isn't so awesome that there's this amazing community here and Cross-Server PVP/PVE would totally destroy it!

/sarcasm
well, my server's community is indeed pretty awesome and we lack this kind of gear elitism (unless it's about going to denova in recruit gear, obviously)... but that may well be because you can be glad if there's enough people online to do an ops to begin with. you take what you can get

Pcolapat
05.11.2012 , 03:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vonb View Post
Yep that's rude... no question!

now HM EV... well I don't know the stats on your PVP gear, but I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks is minimum gear to have to run this.

Our guild runs would be Columi gear + comms ear / implants as a standerd, with exceptions
If nobody in the raid has better than columi, then it will be hard but definatly doable.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Trollokdamus
05.11.2012 , 03:35 AM | #14
A thought just came to my mind. Maybe your gear wasn't the reason for kicking you at all. It's highly possible that someone's friend just popped up and they replaced you with him. If this was the case, it's nothing really you can do. Just put the raid leader on ignore and move on.

Jonnara
05.11.2012 , 03:40 AM | #15
I think the issue here is pugs are not meant to carry other players, most of the them form for HM operations to speed it out.

I know people say there is no difference and go do hard mode ops with pvp gear, but the thing it your not at optimum in terms of stats for a pve encounter.

If i was you OP, I'd get my columi from hard mode FPs 1st and than transition over to ops.

A few of the secondary stats to make you attractive to ops(of the top of my head for dps) is around 100% accuracy, 30% unbuffed crit and 75% surge.

NoTomorrow
05.11.2012 , 03:44 AM | #16
PvP <> PvE.
I've seen enough masters of one side failing misrerably when trying the other.

On my server pugging Ops this would be ridiculous to imagine even.

Wesgile
05.11.2012 , 03:45 AM | #17
probably the same guys that cried because of expertise.
大丈夫だ、問題ない。

Trollokdamus
05.11.2012 , 03:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
They should have been able to carry you better
Is it just me who finds this funny? Random people who don't owe you anything should have been able to carry you better? I'm not protecting that guys in any way, you know my position from my previous posts. But still this statement looks funny to me.

kilosoldier
05.11.2012 , 03:52 AM | #19
The OP would not let some one in "crap" Columi PvE gear join a PvP pre made with him. Something to think about before everyone gets all sanctimonious and righteous.

Should people be more considerate? Yea, I think so. Should the OP let the group know he is in PvP gear when trying to join a group? Yes, yes he should.

Pcolapat
05.11.2012 , 03:52 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Is it just me who finds this funny? Random people who don't owe you anything should have been able to carry you better? I'm not protecting that guys in any way, you know my position from my previous posts. But still this statement looks funny to me.
They invited him, then decided he wasn't geared enough and kicked him. To me I assume they thought when they invited him that they were good enough to carry him through, and then when they discovered they were not, they blamed him and kicked him. What is funny about that?

He could have joined a group that was better organized, had a little bit better gear, or some more skill, and he would have been fine.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.