Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the love of Yoda...(re Pug ops)

iheartnyc
05.11.2012 , 02:38 AM | #1
Rant beginning.

If you invite someone to an OP and deem that he/she is undergeared and decide to kick, at least ***** apologize first. Tell me, and I'll drop group myself. Don't just boot me after 10 minutes of waiting together, without at least getting on your knees to apologize!

Story:

I'm a PVPer. I spend 95% of my in game time PVPing. I'm very very good at it (almost always #1 on my team now). I wear mix War Hero/BM gear. I spend roughly 5 hours a day PVPing (I have a fulltime job and a GF, I just sleep 3 hours a day don't ask). I don't even bother putting on my crap Tionese/Columni PVE gear anymore. My aims for PVE are not ambitious at all. Just an occasional HM BP/BT/Foundry here and there. I do want to do HM EV and FE and Battle for Illum. I jump at every opportunity to participate. BUT I KEEP GETTING RUDE *&*(*(KICKED. Without so much as an apology.

The thing that drove me over was so I got invited to a group for HM EV. I waited a minute, nobody kicked me. We were 7/8 looking for 1 more tank. I thought wow I'm really actually going for real this time! So I dropped out of my PVP que with my guild (losing my spot on our main 4man), and headed over to Interfleet transfer and arrived on Ziost Shadow to head over to quest area. BAM, ON MY WAY TO ZIOST SHADOW I was kicked from the group. No "sorry for making you come all the way over here but you're undergeared." Nothing. I whispered "hey man why'd you boot me without any warning? you could at least apologize..." and the guy DOESN'T RESPOND.

And tell you what. I guarantee you I would have had the best DPS in that OP. I destroy in PVP. Seriously, some of these **** sticks need to get in on a WZ and learn a thing or two. I actually have a list of them now to focus fire myself and my premade if we ever run across them.

HM EV? Really? Come on. Not even a Nightmare difficulty, and frankly how freaking hard can it possibly be. Some people need to learn some ***** manners.

/end rant.

Jackobite
05.11.2012 , 02:46 AM | #2
Im tempted to say something dumb about gear up

.. but ofc your right, its common courtesy, a simple whisper is all thats needed.
CE

iheartnyc
05.11.2012 , 02:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackobite View Post

.. but ofc your right, its common courtesy, a simple whisper is all thats needed.
I wasted roughly 10-15 minutes of my life traveling to and from start point expecting to raid with these guys. And I left my PVP premade (giving up my spot to someone else) so I also ended up having to play with a makeshift 2-3 man PVP for the rest of the night.

Mautalent
05.11.2012 , 02:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackobite View Post

/thread
Red'muir 50 Guardian Missysalu 50 Sage Loomi 50 Vanguard
Shortbus Operation Team
Begeren Colony

Lulzbot
05.11.2012 , 03:03 AM | #5
You can DPS a Hardmode op in Recruit gear, as long as your whole team isn't in recruit gear. Sounds like you're dealing with elitist, **** those guys. Battlemaster is good enough for HM ops, even if you're whole op group is in it.

Trollokdamus
05.11.2012 , 03:14 AM | #6
If it was me making a group i would of course explain the reason and apologize before kicking.
But the thing is, it's partially your fault that you lost the time mate. You never know in advance with whom are you going to raid, what kind of people are they. What do they expect from you. So before joining you should always ask if your toon is ok for them in terms of gear, experience etc. That's the best way to be safe and avoid any misunderstandings.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulzbot View Post
You can DPS a Hardmode op in Recruit gear, as long as your whole team isn't in recruit gear.
This may work in a guild run where you have friendly guildies who are willing to carry you, but in no way in a PuG. PuGgies don't owe you anything and there is nothing elitist with this.

ravenshaelo
05.11.2012 , 03:17 AM | #7
Make sure you let people know you're in PVP gear. That way, you either get the invite or you don't, and you're not wasting time.

That being said, a little courtesy is a good thing, and I'd have said something before kicking. Politely.

Pcolapat
05.11.2012 , 03:21 AM | #8
I went strait into hardmodes on my fresh fifty alt. Didn't have any issues. Found some pugs who were good enough to carry me a bit. If you got kicked because of your gear, it really was them who were lacking. They should have been able to carry you better, and they should have decided before inviting you if your gear wasn't good enough. Their fault all the way around. I would just try a different group. You should be able to get geared if you find the right bunch of guys.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Vonb
05.11.2012 , 03:21 AM | #9
Yep that's rude... no question!

now HM EV... well I don't know the stats on your PVP gear, but I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks is minimum gear to have to run this.

Our guild runs would be Columi gear + comms ear / implants as a standerd, with exceptions
The question is: can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.(battlebug 2011)

chaosdefined
05.11.2012 , 03:24 AM | #10
Isn't so awesome that there's this amazing community here and Cross-Server PVP/PVE would totally destroy it!

/sarcasm