Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small suggestion for better announcements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Small suggestion for better announcements

Force_Capitalism
12.17.2011 , 11:01 PM | #1
When you achieve an objective, in big bold letters, in the centre of the screen it says 'JEDI JOE HAS DEFUSED THE WEST BOMB' for on Voidstar example (as opposed to 'west bomb has been defused').

So people on your team know full well who has been achieving what when its time to vote mvp, for example. Right now, especially if I come late but in general, voting for MVP is hard. I basically have to got by kill/death ratio because objective score doesn't work how it's supposed to at this time.

As a veteran BG'er from WoW, match awareness and ease of accessing information was a massive plus in making BG's very fun. I am -loving- SWTOR PvP, and this small change would go a long way to improving it.

Jaggedblue
12.30.2011 , 04:25 AM | #2
Better yet.. add medals to show objectives being completed. At present most medals are awarded for dmg done, healing, protection, kills. Very few medals pertain to objectives in warzones.

Huttball

Example: I capped 5 times in hutball. No medals. And my objective points were low because i guess u get them from attacking a ball-carrier, not being one.
Solution: Add medals for capping. I'd reccomend giving a medal to the capper and any teammates nearby (since it is a team effort usually). Make it so capping twice gives you another medal. I'd love to see the people at the top those who contributed to the game win, not just the guy who was off in the corner camping enemy spawn.

Voidstar

--Give medals to people who place/disable bombs.
--Give a medal to someone who stuns/CCs and enemy while the bomb is being capped nearby (CC is so vital there)
-- make medals for objectives stack so if you solo capped 3 you get three medals. I don't care how much dmg someone did.. that guy who opened three doors SHOULD be the hero. People should be able to see at a glance that he did awesome stuff.

Alderan Defense

--award more defense medals as well as medals for capping and being nearby caps.
--award medals for interupting caps on offense and defense. Again, this will allow people at the end of the match to see more clearly who was directly contributing to the game's success.

Kindachi
01.07.2012 , 07:33 PM | #3
I wholeheartedly agree with both posts above.

Sabilok
01.10.2012 , 09:02 PM | #4
I agree with both posts wholeheartedly also, especially medals for Huttball caps. How am I supposed to win MVP as a Juggernaught? All I do is cap and offer protection, both of which get no love!