Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Practical Guide to Pyro Powertechs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
A Practical Guide to Pyro Powertechs

TheOpf's Avatar


TheOpf
05.14.2012 , 09:35 AM | #11
I tagged it to sticky Exphyrl. Thanks for putting this together. If I ever go back to Pyro, I will take a look at this ;p
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Creedys's Avatar


Creedys
05.14.2012 , 02:13 PM | #12
I found this guide incredibly useful; without changing gear, just understanding the rotational guide of this, I have increased my average dmg contribution to a WZ quite substantially. I'm not bursting people to 5k like the OP can (yet), but I outdamage, protect, medal gain, and kill many PTs on my server that have better gear than I.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

TheOpf's Avatar


TheOpf
05.14.2012 , 05:11 PM | #13
Exphyrl! You should change the names sometime in the future and post this in the Vanguard forums as well. They could use some love. I love the BH community. No other community has done more for their class in terms of guides than the PT community.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

TheEdgeOfMadness's Avatar


TheEdgeOfMadness
05.14.2012 , 09:01 PM | #14
Fantastic guide, tyvm

BobaFaceroll's Avatar


BobaFaceroll
05.15.2012 , 09:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
IM:

TO

Or

When at Range

Right?

If you engage mid fight a target within 10m and TO is on CD, skip IM?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Caveat: I will use IM, no matter the range or heat cost, if I'm facing an Operative/Scoundrel or Assassin/Shadow that I think will try to re-stealth to gank me. The damage is low, and the heat cost is high, but it does last 18sec so it's useful to pop them back out of stealth. Stealthers always get dotted up as much as possible.

exphryl's Avatar


exphryl
05.15.2012 , 01:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
Exphyrl! You should change the names sometime in the future and post this in the Vanguard forums as well. They could use some love. I love the BH community. No other community has done more for their class in terms of guides than the PT community.
Yeah. I plan on doing that actually (I appreciate the sticky request also). D3 has me tied up probably for a few days so at least the important stuff is done in here

- added leveling as pyro section.
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Hethroin's Avatar


Hethroin
05.16.2012 , 10:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFaceroll View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Caveat: I will use IM, no matter the range or heat cost, if I'm facing an Operative/Scoundrel or Assassin/Shadow that I think will try to re-stealth to gank me. The damage is low, and the heat cost is high, but it does last 18sec so it's useful to pop them back out of stealth. Stealthers always get dotted up as much as possible.
I don't consider this as much of a priority, for two reasons. One, I've gotten better at scanning them back out of stealth. Two both stealthers have a short cooldown on their full cleanse, so unless you saw them use their cleanses before you light them on fire it does no good to spend a GCD and heat on IM.
Corellian Run formerly Mind Trick
<White Talons>: Tigerwoods - Vanguard, Limbaugh - Sentinel
<Black Talons>: Ereldys - Assassin

sonofhutt's Avatar


sonofhutt
05.17.2012 , 01:06 PM | #18
Great write up!

Recently just switched to a pyro spec going from this guide, and it has made a nice fun change. Coming from a tank spec it took some adjustments to get the hang of dishing out and managing heat, but i am starting to get the hang of it and am putting up some good dmg scores. Running a bit of a mash of gear right now between some old champ/BM tank gear, some dps recruit gear, some combat tech BM gear and now finaly putting together a BM eliminator set.

Still getting crushed when the rest of my team decides its time to give up and let the pub's have the win. But whatever, low pop is the only blame there.

Again great job! Keep it up, I do really enjoy this game despit it's flaws, and pray the serious issues are resolved soon!

FlatOut_nlF's Avatar


FlatOut_nlF
05.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #19
Ty for guide, i`m 30lvl pt now, what companion is better for me? Should i gear up mako or wait for Torian and gear up him?

Desmosedici's Avatar


Desmosedici
05.28.2012 , 09:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
Yeah. I plan on doing that actually (I appreciate the sticky request also). D3 has me tied up probably for a few days so at least the important stuff is done in here

- added leveling as pyro section.
exphryl, the tanksin tree is called Darkness. kinetic is the shadow's one.