Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abandoned a quest - cannot restart it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Abandoned a quest - cannot restart it
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RyCane
05.10.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1
Hello all!

On Hoth, I finished the quest "Power Vacuum", talked to the NPC Lieutenant Laskin, and after the conversation got the rewards for the quest "Power Vacuum", plus the quest "Relay Race".
By accident, I abandoned the quest "Relay Race", and now there is no NPC that would have the quest icon on them. None of the involved NPCs (the NPC that started the quest line from "Power Vacuum", Lieutenant Laskin, the NPC I was supposed to go talk to, at the beginning of "Relay Race") even talk to me when I right-click them.

Can this matter be solved, or can I only do the class quest for Hoth and then have to move on?

Smaois
05.10.2012 , 01:15 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings RyCane,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to re-acquire this mission after you abandon it.

If there is anything else we may be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

RyCane
05.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
Thank you for answering, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Now I would like to ask two more things related to the matter at hand - does this cut me off from the whole planetwide Hoth quest line? Seems like I managed to lose quite a bit of experience and loot by accident, if that happens to be so. Supposing I cannot return to the quest line, are there any plans to change this pattern of non-restartable quest lines?

Smaois
05.11.2012 , 07:05 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by RyCane View Post
Thank you for answering, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Now I would like to ask two more things related to the matter at hand - does this cut me off from the whole planetwide Hoth quest line? Seems like I managed to lose quite a bit of experience and loot by accident, if that happens to be so. Supposing I cannot return to the quest line, are there any plans to change this pattern of non-restartable quest lines?
Greetings RyCane,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue with the Hoth planet missions.

If there are to be any changes to the way missions are dealt with in game, this will be announced on our website or in future patch notes.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Soimu
05.11.2012 , 07:55 AM | #5
yea same thing happened to me to a quest from this series which started with Power Vacuum
the one i abandoned was Exploding Mines and now i am unable to pick it up again
this things are stupid you should be able to pick up any quest you abandon cause i wanted to finish all quests in swtor
cause of this quest now i lost my interest in playing with that character anymore lol

StygianCloud
05.11.2012 , 08:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
i wanted to finish all quests in swtor cause of this quest now i lost my interest in playing with that character anymore lol
I feel exactly the same way. This is exactly the type of thing that historically has caused me to leave other MMOs. I tend to play only one character and level slowly and complete everything in that playthrough. If the character gets bugged out of being able to get a quest/title/etc. well that just ruins the whole experience and is a strong disincentive to keep playing.
Squadron 840

Talimar
05.28.2012 , 03:00 AM | #7
I just did the same thing for a different quest on Balmorra. I just lost my will to keep subscribing.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Swingkittie
05.28.2012 , 03:21 AM | #8
I had the same problem on a quest for Quesh for the Moff - you know practically the only quest chain for Empire players on that planet!! And of course when I put in a ticket asking for it to be reset I got the same response as the CSR who responded to the original poster. Seriously, how can Bioware implement a game without the ability to fix a simple problem such as this to the point of making an entire planet unplayable? This is the most stupid process in this game that I have heard of to date. I am not trying to compare BW to other MMOs but I will in this situation because I have dealt with CSRs from other MMOs and had these little problems fixed. If BW is serious about keeping their subscriptions then they should work on fixing the problems that are causing people to cancel.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Harukaze
05.28.2012 , 06:17 AM | #9
The response on this thread is unacceptable. If a mission cannot be reacquired it should be impossible to abandon; and if missions cannot be abandoned, there needs to be a higher limit on the number of missions in the mission log. These in conjunction would be acceptable solutions for Bioware until they determine a way in the future to reacquire lost missions. Nothing short of this is acceptable.

Darth_DaTower
05.28.2012 , 06:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Harukaze View Post
The response on this thread is unacceptable. If a mission cannot be reacquired it should be impossible to abandon; and if missions cannot be abandoned, there needs to be a higher limit on the number of missions in the mission log. These in conjunction would be acceptable solutions for Bioware until they determine a way in the future to reacquire lost missions. Nothing short of this is acceptable.
Couldn't disagree more. When the game was first released, you couldn't abandon these missions. Some people (myself included) outleveled the content, and moved on, but were stuck with grey missions in our quest log, eating up our 25 quest limit. Somewhere around 1.2 they made these quests abandonable, but they now give you a warning that you will not be able to reacquire them (you don't get a warning for quests you can re-acquire).

The reason you can't just reacquire these quests is that the decisions you made in previous quests affect the future quest chains. When you drop it, I guessing they drop your history of decisions as well, which would explain why the csr couldn't just turn the quest back on for you.

Since they can't let you just pickup the chain in the middle, then I think they've found a good solution. I'm not stuck with grey quests, and you get a warning before giving up the quest line.