Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make the unstuck command work more often.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Make the unstuck command work more often.

ISDEnterprise
05.10.2012 , 09:17 AM | #1
I'm not sure I've played an MMO where I get stuck so commonly. And often this happens again and again so close together that I need to /stuck but the thing is on a long cooldown...

Andryah
05.10.2012 , 09:30 AM | #2
I've never gotten re-stuck before the cool down finished.

Honestly, if you are getting stuck more often then the cool down time for /stuck, you are doing several things wrong.

Solution: be more aware, get stuck less often. When you find a stick point, note and avoid it from then on.

The feature has a cool down for a reason, to prevent it being used as an exploit.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

dazednconfuzed
05.10.2012 , 09:43 AM | #3
I got stuck on Corellia. Using /stuck moved me a couple of pixels to a place where if I tried jumping or moving anywhere, I instantly got stuck again and had to wait 2 minutes to use /stuck again.

Eventually, I managed toget out by using /stuck, then immediately quick travelling.

Edit: Oh, and that stupid message that pops up whenever /stuck is on cooldown is ridiculous. You cannot use /stuck for another 102 seconds. you can use your QT item though. Wait a minute, I need to be standing still to use that, so no, I can't. I'm stuck on the scenery, not standing still.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Screaming_Ziva
05.10.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4
My only guess is that they don't want the /stuck command getting abused (or people finding a way to abuse it by repeatedly using it).

Hajizan
05.10.2012 , 09:58 AM | #5
I don't understand why there is even a /stuck command, is this game still in beta?

Sideshot
05.30.2012 , 11:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I've never gotten re-stuck before the cool down finished.

Honestly, if you are getting stuck more often then the cool down time for /stuck, you are doing several things wrong.
Yes, I agree. How dare you try to actually explore the environments?! Don't you know you are supposed to stay on the road and only choose the left or right corridor? /sarcasm

Seriously, though, the stuck command cooldown is annoying. I was trying to explore the nooks and crannies of Tatooine tonight, but kept getting smacked down by all the "sticky" rocks...funny thing is, the game would take the liberty of using the stuck command for me, and then placing it on cooldown. I'm not sure what was up with that.

Valakhnarr
05.30.2012 , 11:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
I don't understand why there is even a /stuck command, is this game still in beta?
There's no way every foot of terrain can be tested to ensure that it's not "sticky". I got stuck in WoW plenty, and they had many more years to find & fix all those points.

GhoXen
05.30.2012 , 11:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
Just like WoW right? Every reasonable MMO has a /stuck command. Without it once your character is stuck you'd have to contact customer support and waste much more time than waiting a few minutes for the command cooldown.

Shlamorel
05.30.2012 , 11:45 PM | #9
While I don't have any probs with the /stuck command like the OP mentions, I do agree with him that there is a lot of places to get stuck or snagged in this game. It can be frustrating sometimes.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Drakkip
05.31.2012 , 12:09 AM | #10
I've been stuck in this game more than all other games combined. Additionally there are several places in the game where you get stuck and the only way out is to die and release.

The worst one is on Alderan just outside one of the caves for the Jedi knight story area in with the bugs. As you move up one set of stairs, if you hang a left, you fall into a die only spot. Using /stuck does nothing. I have reported it several times and all I get is that stupid droid response.

I honestly wonder if the world designers have even played a video game before in their entire life.... either that or they are masochists that secretly delight in getting players stuck
Griefers:
Quote:
Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn