Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make Blackhole Mk. 1 Gear Bind on Legacy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please make Blackhole Mk. 1 Gear Bind on Legacy!

Freeborne
05.10.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1
It's very frustrating to have nothing worthwhile to drop Blackhole commendations on. For most classes if you're already in full Rakata the Blackhole Mk.1 gear on the vendors is either a small downgrade, sidegrade, or very small ugrade.

Even a mount for 200 Black Hole Coms (like there is for dailies coms) would be something.

Or, letting me trade in Black Hole Coms for Dailies (Like a 1 to 2 raitio?) At least then I could buy Rakata ear/implant pieces to gear up my alts.

I'm up to 106 Black Hole coms now, and nothing to buy. : (

It would make sense to let us use these coms to help gear up our alts.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Lugosi
05.10.2012 , 09:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
You really think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BiS gear with no effort in actually playing your alt?

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everyting for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

*Edit, sorry, nvrmnd. I missed the part where you think MK1 is a downgrade from Rakata. So you haven't spent any comms I take it?
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Mustelidaen
05.10.2012 , 09:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
It's very frustrating to have nothing worthwhile to drop Blackhole commendations on. For most classes if you're already in full Rakata the Blackhole Mk.1 gear on the vendors is either a small downgrade, sidegrade, or very small ugrade.

Even a mount for 200 Black Hole Coms (like there is for dailies coms) would be something.

Or, letting me trade in Black Hole Coms for Dailies (Like a 1 to 2 raitio?) At least then I could buy Rakata ear/implant pieces to gear up my alts.

I'm up to 106 Black Hole coms now, and nothing to buy. : (

1. You are playing too much, 1.2 has been out only a few weeks.
2. If Rakata gear is superior to Black hole gear (and I haven't compared yet), then that is a problem with the stats on the Black hole gear. So you should save your tokens until this is fixed.
3. If you are gearing up your alt by using BH tokens rather than playtime, it means you will be spending less time logged in, which is not what Bioware wants right now.

CBRGhostRider
05.10.2012 , 09:53 AM | #4
2. If Rakata gear is superior to Black hole gear (and I haven't compared yet), then that is a problem with the stats on the Black hole gear. So you should save your tokens until this is fixed.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't figured out which BH gear I should buy.

As a tank, it seems I should buy the bulwark gear (w/ defense/shield stats on it), but some pieces (like implants) are direct downgrades from rakata, while other pieces like boots differ significantly from campaign boots i.e. BH bulwark boots and campaign war hero boots dont have same stats, but BH gloves and campaign gloves have same stats.

I thought BH gear is same as campaign but without set bonus. The new tier just has me really confused. There's also MK1, Mk2, MK3, and an MK4 which drops from the story mode. Someone please explain this to me. I have 149 BH comms, and the only thing I've bought so far is the earpiece.

pure_laced
05.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
You really think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BiS gear with no effort in actually playing your alt?

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everyting for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

*Edit, sorry, nvrmnd. I missed the part where you think MK1 is a downgrade from Rakata. So you haven't spent any comms I take it?
I think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BIS gear because some people can play any class well just by going through the leveling process, asking a few pointed questions, and a little research. Just because the majority cannot, shouldn't exclude the ones that can.

From a tank standpoint on my main, I only have 1 more piece to upgrade and will have that this week, then I will be collecting BH comms for nothing as well.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

AesirUesugi
05.10.2012 , 10:21 AM | #6
Have you actually looked at the full item set together? If you lose 3 endurance 45 accuracy and 45 defense but gain 57 absorption 12 aim and 57 shield that is a worthwhile upgrade man, the defense will probbaly be covered somewhere else in the set. Do more research maybe?

Semitote
05.10.2012 , 10:29 AM | #7
You can R/E the mods, enhancements, and armorings in black hole gear as well as the ear pieces and implants. You can also R/E campaign set pieces, weapons, and the relics from the daily vendor, but those don't cost black hole comms.

So if you are biochem, cybertech, or artifce... Technically you can get those items for other characters of your legacy by buying the black hole pieces and R/E'ing them (or their modifications) for the schematics. Even if you already have all the schematics (which is impossible) or they are not upgrades - at least you can get the mats from them to make other pieces. And they're all BoE (at least when crafted), so even if you don't have any of those crew skills, you can use whatever crew skill you have to make credits to buy these BoE items for your legacy characters.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

Freeborne
05.10.2012 , 10:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everything for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

1. If you think Blackhole Mk. 1 gear is anywhere approaching Best in Slot you need to look at your numbers.

2. Black Hole Mk. 1 gear IS A DOWNGRADE in stats from Rakata for many classes. (Particularly if you like keeping your class set bonus.) At best all you can do is buy a piece for 60 coms, pull 1 upgrade out of it, and slot it into your rakata gear for a minimal upgrade.

Many don't seem to understand there is a distinct stat difference between Black Hole Mk.1 , Block Hole Mk 2, and black Hole Mk. 3 gear. And we can only buy Black Hole Mk. 1 : P
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Freeborne
05.10.2012 , 10:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mustelidaen View Post
1. You are playing too much, 1.2 has been out only a few weeks.
2. If Rakata gear is superior to Black hole gear (and I haven't compared yet), then that is a problem with the stats on the Black hole gear. So you should save your tokens until this is fixed.
3. If you are gearing up your alt by using BH tokens rather than playtime, it means you will be spending less time logged in, which is not what Bioware wants right now.
1. Legacy will have been out for 1 full month in 2 days. If you were full Rakata at launch day you've had 4 weeks to complete story mode, try to take Hard Mode, plus doing your weeklies. I've only done EC Story Mode 4 times, and only full cleared it two of those times, and I've only done the weekly three times. I don't doubt there are players more hardcore than me that probably have more comes saved up than I.

2. Black Hole Mk. 1 gear isn't meant to be a Rakata upgrade. It's meant to help fill in holes where you don't have Rakata gear yet. There's a difference between Black Hole Mk. 1 (which you can buy) and Black Hole Mk. 2 and 3 (which drops off last boss of EC Story Mode, and moreso in EC Hardmode.)

KyoMamoru
05.10.2012 , 10:57 AM | #10
Step 1) Purchase Legacy bound armor.
Step 2) Place Rakata/Campaign mods into armor.
Step 3) ?????
Step 4) Profit.

Hint: Mail to other character.