Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher crashing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 04:39 AM | #11
I guess my old method of restarting the launcher (after it's stuck for a few minutes) isn't good anymore. I just restarted it, and it crashed again trying to resume download.

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 04:41 AM | #12
Hehe, I'm going in circles. :P The launcher didn't crash this time. It's just stuck at "Network error while downloading patch data" again.

Bronholz
05.10.2012 , 04:43 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Could you try removing and re-adding the firewall exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe.

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? Please try restarting your router and if you are using wireless please try plugging straight into the router.

Thank you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 11:41 AM | #14
Sorry, I fell asleep. >_<;

I just removed and re-added swtor and the launcher as exceptions on the firewall. I am still having the same issue:

1) Stuck on "Network error while downloading patch data."
2) If I restart the launcher, it just crashes when it tries to resume download

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 11:47 AM | #15
I'm going to watch a movie while I let this launcher sit at "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying..."

but I have scant hopes that waiting will make it work (waiting hasn't worked in the past, and I've been waiting since my last post.)

Kindajenin
05.10.2012 , 11:49 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ZenithStorm View Post
I'm going to watch a movie while I let this launcher sit at "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying..."

but I have scant hopes that waiting will make it work (waiting hasn't worked in the past, and I've been waiting since my last post.)
Hello ZenithStorm,

Can you please do the following for me and see if it helps.
  1. First hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
  2. When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
  3. When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.
If this does not help and the launcher keeps giving you error messages then please can you provide us with your launcher logs:

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 11:52 AM | #17
Bleh, I had to shut down the launcher, because I couldn't seem to get network access to stream my movie with the launcher having issues. (When the launcher gets stuck, it seems that it makes my internet connection become sketchy.)

/sadface.

Kindajenin
05.10.2012 , 11:54 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ZenithStorm,

I think Bronholz asked you above but I will just make sure are you using wireless or cable to connect to your router?
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #19
kk, i just did what you said. Still stuck at "Network error while downloading patch data."

I am using a cable (not wireless) to connect to my router.

Here is my launcher log I think:

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team
(continued in next post)

ZenithStorm
05.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #20
Okay, nevermind. Posting this entire log would be... a bit clumbersome. There's a 5000 character limit on these posts, and after posting this section of the logs, there will still be 91,624 characters left. Can I upload my text file somehow?

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team