Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which romance is best written?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk
05.10.2012 , 09:31 AM | #21
No love for Andro? Huh.

I think it's a good thing Ashara is not corruptible and stays true, otherwise she would be to much like Jessa. Personally I think Jessa's is a bit cliche in her romance story.

Mirandel
05.10.2012 , 10:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
No love for Andro? Huh.
Means you did not read previous posts. Andronikos mentioned at least twice. Personally think his letters are the best among all others.

As for the OP question - the best romance is one you did not get (because that companion or NPC is unavailable). This way the romance is in your head only and runs the way you want it. Without gaps, missing lines and other stuff we have in every romance line now.

Halinmonk
05.10.2012 , 10:58 AM | #23
@Miran

I am the OP, and one of those that mentioned Andro, the other person said that she liked it but it wasn't her fav :P

Hyfy
05.10.2012 , 12:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
- Hates it when you as femSmuggler flirt with anyone. This escalates from "Are you serious?" on Coruscant to "That's it. I'm putting my foot down." on Balmorra (Even if you've told him more than once that you're not interested in him!)
- The standard "I thought you were better than this" when you take DS options. Not "bad idea" or "yuck," but some active variation on how you're failing to live up to his idea of what you ought to be.
- As mentioned, it is impossible to turn the romance off once you have started. This is actually true of all companions, near as I can tell, but Corso was my first and I honestly thought it was some psychotic aspect of his individual character.
- This means that when he strolls up and asks to have sex, and you say no because you've been saying no since Alderaan, you take yet another massive approval hit. And again for the next conversation where he wants something. And again.

He was close to qualifying as protective, but between the surprise talk
Spoiler
and the inability to escape his attentions, he comes off as a monstrous creep.
Well I guess what you and the one above you said makes sense. I just hadn't seen it yet. My smuggler has just kinda been on the back burner as of late as me and friend of mine leveled my Trooper and her Sentinal. Either way the only thing I'd seen from him so far was this nice country boy type, very similar to myself. But I didn't know he went borderline stalker, so I could see how people could become disaffected by his advances.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Hyfy
05.10.2012 , 12:06 PM | #25
Huh, I somehow managed to ninja myself so I'll just change this one. My favorite so far was my BH and Mako. She's very much the sweet idealistic young woman, while some might see her idealism over the top and admittedly at times even I did, I appreciated that she was able to see the best in people most all of the time. And the one time I took the DS choice, jacking that pretentious nobleman on Alderaan in the throat, that even she agreed with it. And once you get married to her, she loves it so much. Much how I envisioned my marriage going (though it didn't go anywhere near that). And Lacy Chabert has a great voice.

Hyfy
05.10.2012 , 12:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
Means you did not read previous posts. Andronikos mentioned at least twice. Personally think his letters are the best among all others.

As for the OP question - the best romance is one you did not get (because that companion or NPC is unavailable). This way the romance is in your head only and runs the way you want it. Without gaps, missing lines and other stuff we have in every romance line now.
Personally one of my favorites was one not that you couldn't get, but you don't get as a companion. Though they did make it a non required mission out of it, the going back and seeing Jaxo on shore leave was great. It holds pretty true to what might happen in real life with some of our single soldiers and sailors. A bit of nostalgia for me if you will. I was really hoping I'd get her as a companion too, as she really is the kind of woman Im attracted too anyways.

Mirandel
05.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
@Miran

I am the OP, and one of those that mentioned Andro, the other person said that she liked it but it wasn't her fav :P
Then sorry and have to tell all of this (about attention) to myself. Still, Andronikos was mentioned

Crezelle
05.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #28
i guess i've got a reputation to hold....

*puts on cheerleader outfit and start raving about vector *

his membrosia brings all the girls to the yard
to resist his charm is just too darn hard
i don't care if my in laws are bugs
for this little joiner shal get all my hugs
hes manly enough not to care about his skirt
and he held his cool with every flirt
an entrancing voice that will make you all melt
we fade to black so hard, half the hive it felt
eloquent tact and a smile that brings you to your knees
he lives to serve and is eager to please
so femsmug got sparkles, i don't care
an heirloom gemstone is much more rare
a freak in the sack, he's got to be
if he can taste your aura, as you can see
you all have seen me vandalise these threads
so agents; keep an eye on your vectors, or i'll drag them into your beds
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Mirandel
05.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #29
Wow! This was really passionate!

VanguVegro
05.10.2012 , 01:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
The only romance Ive approved so far is BH+Mako. Maybe cause my other characters werent romancing type so it just felt wrong. Also, afterwards Mako sends this mail:
Spoiler
Today I got a mail from her in which she said
Spoiler

You bet I ROFL'd.