Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which romance is best written?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which romance is best written?

08.04.2012 , 11:44 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Well, as a guy, I recommend Vette. Difference is I ran my SW 100% LS with no DS points whatsoever. Just for a change of pace. Vette's romance is sweet, old fashioned, and with a bit of a kinky side that I was left going at. If you DON'T want to see it, don't click the spoiler.

Indeed, Vette's romance is great. My favorite in the game for male characters . I've played every single class in the game except Consular. Those outfits are horrid and I don't like projecting pebbles :3

I had the same reaction as you the first time I saw Vette say that . I wish I could re-experience companion convos without leveling a whole new character
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Aerios: Powertech Avran: Sniper

02.09.2014 , 05:56 PM | #252
I have watched all the romances and done 3/4 of the female romances ( so I'm playing a male )
I think that Vette was the best because it felt natural and I liked how this prince like villain falls for a lowly slave girl.
Most disagree with me on this but I think Nadia has the 2nd best.
You know her through most of the game and I like that it is the only mentor-apprentice romance that doesn't feel like its based only on physical attraction.

And the worst is jaesa because it is only attraction that never feels like it connects to love

02.09.2014 , 07:07 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by geckobro View Post

And the worst is jaesa because it is only attraction that never feels like it connects to love
in fairness it wasn't supposed to. if you romance her she's dark side and almost certinly so are you. a Sith relationship is going to be just a little messed up, and it kinda shows. it's not your typical romance though no.

I'd say the WORST though was Quinn.

the reasoning for that should be obvious to anyone whose run through the SW storyline on a female warrior and romanced him

02.10.2014 , 08:29 AM | #254
I enjoyed the smuggler & Rishia romance best. My smuggler who'd experienced a FTB moment on nearly every planet, but
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

02.10.2014 , 11:58 AM | #255
Gotta go with Kaliyo.

My Agent's character development started with him being a loyal, professional, unquestioning stooge of the Empire, and ended with him realizing that he has to rely on those he personally trusts instead of the state.

Kaliyo is both the first and last step in that character development.

02.10.2014 , 10:10 PM | #256
My favorites were Vector, Quinn and Scourge.

What? I can't romance Scourge you say? Oh wait...that must have just been in my head then...

I thought the Corso romance was fun on my smuggler, and Iresso was surprisingly sweet on my consular. I think that guy deserves a bit more credit than he gets. Andonikos isn't my "type" but he was perfect for my bat-crazy dark side sorceress. Kept her down to earth or else she would have surely flown off into the stratosphere with her power-hungry ego.

02.11.2014 , 07:56 AM | #257

Of the ones I've played, I'd say Mako. It's kinda funny watching her stave off your advances and pushing her slowly over the edge, even if there are only a few intimate scenes with her. Granted, I haven't played any of the "best" ones. In order, for me, they'd be:

Kira Carsen
Lieutenant Iresso (surprisingly fun )
Jaesa Wilsaam
Andronikos Revel
Raina Temple (nothing really special here)
Just point me in the direction of the action - Rekthor Firescar, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt

02.13.2014 , 02:20 PM | #258
A yet unwritten one.

From the whole huge cast (40 characters, holy cow!) I found a non-RO the most appealing from the background. I grew up on the tales of the bright-eyed revolutionaries + the way I interpret Jedi commitment, I see Zenith as an unusual option for a more mature non-commitment romance, where each parties' respective calling takes precedent, but sparks do fly.

I haven't gotten far with the only RO I so far managed to secure (Riggs), but I find that the whole affection build-up & the speed of recruitment is somewhat of a flaw. I am told Vector is the hottest thing in the Galaxy and Bio's latest gift to the womanhood, but I can't say I am chomping at the bit for his backstory as per codex. Kaliyo makes me wish there was a same gender option, because she is fun.

If there are new characters to be introduced, my vote goes for a Zabrak (still pining for Bao Dur), Nautlan or Miaralian. A romance with an alien race is a more interesting undertaking, because it opens background talks/lore stuff.

02.14.2014 , 08:06 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellyria View Post
I gave Iresso a nickname: "Clear Jello", because he has no flavor. It's not totally his fault, he can be sweet, but you get him so late in the story, and FemConsular is so emotionless most of the time, it's all very *yawn*.
Iresso is kinda like Mical the Disciple from KOTOR 2; there's not a lot to go on in-game, but he's an amazing amount of fun to write fanfic for since he's a built in straight man compared to the Consular's crew.

He's more interesting for what he's not. You know the typical BioWare male love interest? Yes, he's cute. But he's got more issues than a magazine rack, and more luggage than O'Hare airport. You had Anomen and his crazy superiority-inferiority complex. Carth was understandibly and justifiably paranoid (I still suspect Carth was an untrained Force Sensitive, which likely didn't help). Mass Effect? Who didn't have issues? Kaiden was a little broken on the inside due to the training from hell. Garrus was the alien equivilent to a 70's cop movie. Thane's terminally ill. Cortez (one of 2 gay options for M!Shep) is trying to get himself killed. Even Jacob (who seemed to be pretty drama-free) turned out to be commitment-shy. And then there's the swamp that was Dragon Age - Alistair and his interesting heritage with all that entailed. Zevran was raised in a brothel and became an assassin sent to kill you. Fenris was a victim of sexual abuse and disgusting enslavement. Anders...long story.

Felix? No real drama. You're probably better off keeping him out of range of the Dread Masters due to that little souvenir he's stuck carrying for life. Otherwise? He's a perfectly sane guy.
Alylia Terel of Bergen Colony
Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

02.14.2014 , 08:45 PM | #260
What i find really amusing is that the cutest and nicest thing in the whole game is Ashara's romance with a light side Inquisitor. Sweetest thing in the whole game and, surprisingly, it's for the Imperials. :] Was my fav romance.

Dude above me... where the hell did you get the parts about Fenris being sexually abused?
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not? - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.