Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which romance is best written?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk
05.09.2012 , 10:30 PM | #1
I've always been fond of Corso Rig's storyline, but right now I am leaning towards Andro Revel as the most well written. It feels very...realistic.

jboone
05.09.2012 , 11:07 PM | #2
I'd say that the Elara Dorne romance might be the best. Watching her slowly transform from a walking book of regulations to an actual human is quite gratifying. Throw in some excellent voice acting by both Brain Bloom and Moria Quirk and you have a truly great romance arc.

Celacia
05.09.2012 , 11:18 PM | #3
Vector.

Kalterien
05.09.2012 , 11:24 PM | #4
I quite enjoyed watching Jorgan and my femTrooper get together it was this slow transformation of Mr Grumpy-pants to a cuddly (sort of) but still grumpy-ish guy. Some of the lines were not the best but it was almost like watching two real people finally agree to something.

The other one I quite liked was Quinn but..... there's other issues around that particular romance that isn't so well written... and I'll just leave it at that since there's so many threads out there about him.

Taalbert
05.09.2012 , 11:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
I quite enjoyed watching Jorgan and my femTrooper get together it was this slow transformation of Mr Grumpy-pants to a cuddly (sort of) but still grumpy-ish guy. Some of the lines were not the best but it was almost like watching two real people finally agree to something.
This. Nothing beats delayed gratification. I found it more interesting than the Torian romance. I did also like the start of the Andro romance but my SI is still only lvl 33 so...long way to go there. But Aric is my fav, hands down.
Rawr.

Karkais
05.10.2012 , 12:47 AM | #6
The only romance Ive approved so far is BH+Mako. Maybe cause my other characters werent romancing type so it just felt wrong. Also, afterwards Mako sends this mail:
Spoiler
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Captain_Zone
05.10.2012 , 01:04 AM | #7
My pick is Sith Warrior and Vette. It's an old-fashioned romance and felt natural for my SW to give up his womanizing ways for her when she let me know how she felt. Taking it slow, getting to know each other, and waiting until the wedding night to... you know. Also, her kinky remark on the wedding night kinda caught me a bit off-guard and had me thinking "WOW! Lil' Vette is a bit of a FREAK!"

Yes, it was even more jaw dropping than the "And this one time, at band camp...." line.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Faytthegreat
05.10.2012 , 01:34 AM | #8
I highly enjoyed the Male Smuggler - Risha romance

Spoiler

TitusVorenus
05.10.2012 , 01:54 AM | #9
I've only really romanced Elara (I abhor Kaliyo and Vette, and I only just got Risha as a companion on my Scoundrel), but I genuinely enjoyed romancing her. Underneath her Stoic, by-the-book exterior (which I actually appreciated, because I tended to play my Vanguard straight), she is really quite fragile and has an interesting story to tell. Once she comes out of her shell she can really be quite sarcastic and flirtatious in a low-key sort of way, which is rather endearing
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow

bright_ephemera
05.10.2012 , 01:55 AM | #10
I've only done Quinn and Kaliyo to completion; I went as far with Corso Riggs as I ever care to and just recently hit Act 2 with Andronikos and with Elara Dorne.

Favorite from a good-writing perspective? Kaliyo, hands down.

Quinn has some plot issues and a dom/sub dynamic that can reach disturbing levels. I'm not big on ordering guys into physical interaction immediately after they say no. It's true, you can choose not to play this aspect up. His line is slow and bewildering and enchanting. But, setting everything else aside, if anybody else walked up to me and reported that he's cleaned up the bloodstains from his last endeavour, let's have sex now, I would...well, definitely not have sex with him. (Who does that!?)

Corso's sweet and old-fashioned and controlling beyond belief. Plus the background he drops in the same breath as "Can I court you?" was disgustingly jarring. Like "Have you lost your mind?" jarring. Nuh-uh.

Kaliyo is a certifiable psychopath, but she'll tell you what she wants (mostly ), assert her limits without apologizing for them, and just be playful. Felt like I was dealing with a person, not a mishmash of back story traits. As for the mind games...bring it on. Running the relationship as a continuing fling between two adults who know better than to make a mushfest out of a good thing, I loved it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.