Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling NEED on an item you can't use.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rolling NEED on an item you can't use.

LordShanon
05.09.2012 , 07:57 PM | #1
So funny story, I ran the Athiss Flashpoint with a Jedi Sentinel that rolled need on "Athiss Scout's Long Range Rifle". Being a soldier and finding this to be a HUGE upgrade compared to what I was using, I rolled need. (drum roll) and the rifle went to..... The Jedi Sentinel!

Ok so why the fudge is a class that can't use that particular item able to roll NEED BioWare? Are you guys serious? You weren't able to have a five minute sit down and come to a conclusion that this might...oh...gee....be a bad idea?
See it's not the fact that it's a hard flashpoint to run, but it's the TIME spent running these things with these rocket scientists.

Long and sort of it, if you NEED because you CAN use it. Then by all means roll NEED. But if you can't use it, please just roll greed or pass.

I put in a ticket about this and nothing was done to correct this....issue.

Oh well, I guess better luck next time

DarthTHC
05.09.2012 , 07:59 PM | #2
According to the devs, the Sentinel might need the credits he'll get from vendoring the item. So, yah, Need.

Have fun with that.

Sabutai
05.09.2012 , 08:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordShanon View Post
So funny story, I ran the Athiss Flashpoint with a Jedi Sentinel that rolled need on "Athiss Scout's Long Range Rifle". Being a soldier and finding this to be a HUGE upgrade compared to what I was using, I rolled need. (drum roll) and the rifle went to..... The Jedi Sentinel!

Ok so why the fudge is a class that can't use that particular item able to roll NEED BioWare? Are you guys serious? You weren't able to have a five minute sit down and come to a conclusion that this might...oh...gee....be a bad idea?
See it's not the fact that it's a hard flashpoint to run, but it's the TIME spent running these things with these rocket scientists.

Long and sort of it, if you NEED because you CAN use it. Then by all means roll NEED. But if you can't use it, please just roll greed or pass.

I put in a ticket about this and nothing was done to correct this....issue.

Oh well, I guess better luck next time
problems with other players are not the responsibility of the developer team nor the customer service department. Chalk the experience up and put the guy on ignore, its not hard or rocket science.

I'm sorry if you think that the dev team should take another notch down the I'm a dummy tree just cause you had a bad experience. I'm sorry people think that this game needs to put in a feature that removes others from rolling on it if they can't use it. This is the same type of attitude that removed decent toy making from the US, or why we have to have labels for the absolute DUMBEST crap ever on common sense items, really I'm not supposed to drink this thing labeled POISON?.

DarkoDon
05.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #4
Not to mention, people need for companions too. It sucks but this is interwebs.
Jaltez - 50 ConSeer
Darko - 50 BountyTech
Stan'li - 50 SmugSlinger
Hookah - Be 50 in no time cause its way to easy to lvl in this game - ComMedic

LordShanon
05.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #5
Why do you defend this kind of bad behavior?

Chiramu
05.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #6
I think this is down to people seeing blue or purple and thinking money :<. I ran with a Sith Sorceror on my Operative in BT, three Operative items dropped, he needed on all of them and I only won one >.>...

Real kick in the pants, but it's down to who knows how to play and who doesn't :<. And game etiquette, and people who can read forums and lol. You can't change bad people, I hate fighting for my gear against people who don't need it :<.

Icysunx
05.09.2012 , 08:05 PM | #7
I didnt even know people still did flashpoints

Sabutai
05.09.2012 , 08:10 PM | #8
how hard is it to broadcast bad behavior in game? Its not, when a player starts gaining rep as a loot hoarder then they will no longer be invited into groups. Its time to stop running to mommy and daddy everytime something doesn't go your way, its called growing up.

Kourage
05.09.2012 , 08:11 PM | #9
He needed it for teh lulz.
Maybe he has cancer. Don't deny him teh lulz.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

tloops
05.09.2012 , 08:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabutai View Post
how hard is it to broadcast bad behavior in game? Its not, when a player starts gaining rep as a loot hoarder then they will no longer be invited into groups. Its time to stop running to mommy and daddy everytime something doesn't go your way, its called growing up.
exactly this...in WoW if someone was a ninja,we called him out in trade chat,and eventually no-one would group with the guy. we also do this with guild bank ninjas,so no guild will recruit them...eventually they will give up or move to another server.
TOR...the best single player game on the market