Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is the best class?

GragorArtis
05.09.2012 , 07:19 PM | #1
I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.

Thebazilly
05.09.2012 , 07:39 PM | #2
I've played almost all 8 classes. (Just got my Commando to level 10...) Here's my favorites. I like tanking, so I might be a little biased.

Powertech - Way more fun than Vanguard, even though they're the same. Love love love this class.
Guardian - I play DPS specced and it's a blast.
Assassin - Have to stay loyal to my main.
Scoundrel - So much fun, haven't gotten to the difficult parts yet, though. I hear they get really squishy later on.
Sniper - Pewpewpew pewpew
Sage - They're okay. I wish I had a ranged basic attack to go with my RANGED class.
Marauder - Just... meh.

And I haven't played enough of Commando to make a judgement on them.

Sinsavz
05.10.2012 , 09:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling..
What on earth am I reading? Mercenary = rooted like a stone in 2 out of the 3 specs, and the 3rd isn't that much better. They all involve huge amounts of casting/channeling.

jbuschell
05.10.2012 , 09:36 AM | #4
This is very subjective and all people are going to do is if they're bad they're class sucks, this thread is major troll food and I suspect it will get out of hand, I bet bad maras will even say they're class sucks. I have 4 high level classes, assault vanguard, balance shadow, scrapper scoundrel and a watchman sentinel, I've leveled all the other ac's to at least 20, but those 4 are my mains and highest levels that I rotate with.

And the verdict is, I wreck face with all of them, I think every class in this game is viable but there are a lot of bad players that don't how to play. So imo all classes are the best classes I'm sure people will say omg maras are the best omg well you know what if you don't face tank ravage and stun them when they do ravage it helps immensly, if you stand there and take hits while they are using undying rage then yeah you're dumb, you just know how to react in certain instances. All classes are good, nuff said.
E-Thuggin since 1987

Technohic
05.10.2012 , 09:50 AM | #5
I need to get more classes to higher levels but I still don't know that I could call any of them "best" at anything. I play each differently and, like yesterday in sub-50 PvP, I played on my marauder and got 8 medals; then switched to my healing merc, got 8 medals. Some the same, some obviously not and all acquired in a very different way. I think that is why I like playing all the ACs in this game. They are all different outsides mirrored classes.

If I had to chose a favorite, I like my sniper the best.

JLapp
05.10.2012 , 11:31 AM | #6
I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.
All healing classes have a battle rez...

Sabredance
05.10.2012 , 03:43 PM | #7
I vote Assassin/Shadow.
The utility is insane.

Jrheel
05.10.2012 , 04:15 PM | #8
From the 3 ive tried- merc, sage, n jugger... Imo- the best, funnest, yet most challenging, is the juggernaut. The damage reduction, stuns, n mobility i just love n have success with. Also the damage is decsent if u know how to use the class n rage bar. In warzones, with a non-damage class, in immortal spec i do 120-180k damage. Not great, but solid frm defense-non damag class. Sage n merc r easier, but not as good or fun imo

Canis_Anubis
05.10.2012 , 05:44 PM | #9
Okay, any healing class can battle-rez, even the ones that don't spec for healing. Inquisitors can't both tank and heal, your advanced class makes you pick on or the other.

Kallti
05.10.2012 , 06:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Canis_Anubis View Post
Okay, any healing class can battle-rez, even the ones that don't spec for healing. Inquisitors can't both tank and heal, your advanced class makes you pick on or the other.
This guy.

I'm putting $20 on the OP not having all classes.