Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would Bioware change a class story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Would Bioware change a class story?

iamthehoyden
05.11.2012 , 10:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Let me quess who you want to throw out of the airlock:

Are some of these right?
BH has to be Skadge. Gault is amusing and smart, even if he would steal everything he could get away with and probably sell it back to you.
Spoiler
I could see BioWare making minor adjustments to the story going forward. For one, I think they're likely to write more exit lines into the relationship quests given the furor over being railroaded into relationships and sexual situations. I don't think they're going to completely rewrite a storyline though, largely because it looks like they have a fairly complex interweaving of storylines mapped out well beyond where we stand at the moment.

I do think they could tweak a few things though, and I'd certainly like to see some more options in terms of replacing companions with new ones, new romance options, etc. I think we'll see that going forward, but I'll be curious to see if they seed in new options back through the already established stories.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

JergDeathstriker
05.20.2012 , 12:12 AM | #12
I actually don't think Bioware should change the stories. That would be a horrible idea, but it would be nice to have more options in the game. Not getting the choice of spearing a persons life bugs me when i see potential in that character.

trooper spoiler
Spoiler

or on Ord Mantel
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
05.20.2012 , 07:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JergDeathstriker View Post
Not getting the choice of spearing a persons life bugs me when i see potential in that character.
There have been more than a couple fights where I've been hoping for that green sliver of life in my enemy's bar, but I think one of the things this game has gotten very right is that sometimes there are no happy endings. You can't count on everything working out, and sometimes good people die. Beyond it being more true to life, from a story/game perspective it puts more tension into scenes. If you knew there would always be a happy ending then there would be little emotional weight.

One thing I thing I hope they do is give you the option of having some of the people you could spare as companions. There are some awesome personalities and backstories in that category, and I would love to see some of them again. However, I have no idea if that would fit at all with what they have planned, and it could get complicated. Plus I could see it being immersion-breaking for people who killed a character to see them running around with someone else (although considering that there are clones of companions all over the place, well.....).

I for one would love to see:
Jedi Knight
Spoiler

Trooper
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ellyria
05.20.2012 , 08:43 AM | #14
Although I'm finding the Trooper story boring, the only thing I'd want changed is...

Spoiler
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

Darth_Haos
05.22.2012 , 03:22 PM | #15
I know that this is a bit more far fetched than some fo the other people that you suggested to be spared, but I still think that it could work. For the Sith Warrior, I thought that you should have had the ability to spare Darth Vengean.
*SPOILERS*
At the end of Act 2, you are charged with murdering Darth Vengean. Perhaps you could "Knock out" Lord Draahg and spare Darth Vengean. He was set up by Baras and he even asks you to join him. By the end of Act 3, Baras is either dead or imprisoned and his plans were revealed to the Dark Council. They don't have a military advisor anymore and the charges he had would have been removed since he was framed. If you told Draagh that he got knocked out in the fight and sent Vengean into hiding, no one would have suspected a thing. You did the same to Lord Rathari and Overseer Tremel, and they got away without any snags. Besides, the Dark Council can't exactly argue with you on this. With the Voice of the Emperor gone, you are the second in command of the Empire. It would all work out and the Empire would still have one of it's most powerful Darths.
King of Chaos.

Tuscad
05.22.2012 , 03:29 PM | #16
Yes they would,
Spoiler
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

clintcasey
05.22.2012 , 03:39 PM | #17
I think when future expansions of game come out we'll get new companions, and eventually we might get the option of killing some of our existing companions.

Basically the design problem is they need to let you be able to quest normally, and questing involves you and your companion facing challenges together. So once new companions are introduced that fill the same roles as existing companions, you can remove/kill off your old companions.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

Tuscad
05.23.2012 , 12:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by clintcasey View Post
I think when future expansions of game come out we'll get new companions, and eventually we might get the option of killing some of our existing companions.

Basically the design problem is they need to let you be able to quest normally, and questing involves you and your companion facing challenges together. So once new companions are introduced that fill the same roles as existing companions, you can remove/kill off your old companions.
I hope so, that would be great.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

erei
05.23.2012 , 05:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Let me guess who you want to throw out of the airlock:
Are some of these right?
I think the BH one was Skadge "ME DUMB, ME WANT TO CRUSH SOMETHING !". Probably one of the most hated companion in the game. For the others, you're right I suppose, at least for the one I know of. I would change Kalyio for Vector for the IA. But it's a personal opinion. Mostly because he keep stalking me with love mail while I dumped him. 3times.

Anyway, my main concern about the Trooper story is the lack of "epic" in the story. I mean, with others class we can be part of the jedi council, the dark council, kill the Emperor, kill the supreme chancellor of the republic, save planets (or destroy some), become the best secret agent ever,... but as a trooper ? Well, you can capture a general, catch several traitors and makes sure the troopers on Voss are redeployed on the frontlines (so far my favorite). See my point ?

Unfortunately, they will not redo the story. Too much work, for too less people.

PureGhostGR
05.24.2012 , 02:27 AM | #20
I can only properly talk about the Consular story at this point as it is the only one I have finished.

Spoiler

In conclusion I would have liked the story to get a few changes. Not because it is bad.. but because it has the potential to become amazing.

Bioware, keep improving the game.

With more work it can become epic.
The mind is like a parachute. It does not work unless itís open.